South Pittsburg AT Grace Christian

powerp

Oh FYI I am not saying that #5's actions are excusable..But from last year, this is a drastic improvement. This is his one and only occurance he had this year.. Last year you never knew when it would happen.. I think he done a great job this year, up until tonight. Williams good luck. I hope you grow up to be the man that the GCA family hopes you will.. Thanks for the great plays you have made here throughout your career. They have been exciting to watch.. Good luck and God Bless... We love Ya! Just remember the choices we make today effect tomorrow more than we will ever know...

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey it's not GCA's players.... the problem here as I see it (and unless it is corrected you will never be an elite program) is the coaches and administrators ( I think some of the schools in GCA's district would agree with that) any coach that condones that type of behavior from players is in effect encouraging it. That coach has no business teaching kids anything.....I would not want my child associated with coaches like that in any way. If TSSAA had a backbone they would investigate, what must be going on in that school. I feel sorry for the kids that must endure that. Good luck to GCA in the future, I hope the parents wake up. You have a major problem that cannot be corrected with what you have there now.My heart goes out to #5 and he did nothing that was not allowed and therby encouraged to do and that is very very sad. Because of silverandblue09 I hesitated in posting this, for he is truly a class act. He and more like him now should get involved to demand some changes. I'm sorry my kids were witness to the poor sportsmanship that occurred there tonight. I answered their questions as best I could and talked to them on the way home. That was the saddest thing I have ever seen from a high school sports team.

I absolutely agree Pegleg! matrix15 I do not think anyone from the Pirate camp means any harm toward #5 but I watched your teams coaches and I think they the TSSAA really needs to look into what your caoches are teaching. Haveing a good program goes along with building talent and skills and then teaching the youth on the teams how to apply it. Not how to try and take out the other teams skilled players so you can then somehow move the odds to your favor. I think the the quote your coach made in the times free press was a very accurate depiction of what your players are being taught and that is not simply how to out play or become good football players but how to win by beating up on a team. "literally" . And one thing about the player #5... I dont think anyone on coacht should be singiling out a single player from another team and no group whether friend or foe should be discussing that players personal issues in this forumn, its not the place. I hope parents and school administrators that are involved in your athletic program take a step back and go back and watch fim of your previos games to see if there is a need to question the teaching and training of your youth. Maybe there's not but your coaches had a bad rep for this way before SP came along. Good luck to GC in the future. GC dont you dare let this game get you down you were one game away from going to cookeville. that is a huge accomplishment.. I would almost bet to see you at this level again next year! good job GC players!

Ok, I thought all of the SP people on here were just blowing smoke. You weren't. Your team was at a different level athletically. You are legit! Grace could not move the ball at all after their first drive. SP just ran all over the place. #11 looked like Mccluster against UT a couple of weeks ago, your QB is for real and you D was a solid wall tonight. Best of luck to you all in the Championship game next Friday.

One a different note, I was really disappointed in thecheap play of #5 from GCA , and the NON reaction by GCA coaches. After the late hit on SP holder after the PAT, he should have been out for the rest of the game. I know a lot of people from GCA, and I know that the dirty play of #5 is not the way they would want the game to be played. SP players showed more class tonight than the players from GCA. Good luck to you all next week.

I told old Roy about number 5, he thought I was joking ,necause I was not.That kid has an attitude. Just glad he didn't get any of SP's boys ejected, hate to see them have to go to the state shorthanded.

Yeah, #5 has an attitude problem. He caused 1 or 2 of our players to be ejected last year during the second round game, but they weren't alone he was also ejected too. On another note, you got to love to see a team with a big head like GCA brought back earth, because you(GCA) just got beat by the 1A version of Maryville or Alcoa...just as I posted earlier in the week that it was going to be he11 on wheels for GCA, guess who was right. :lol:

Hope all the Pitt fans got full of BBQ Ram...Good luck with Union City next Friday. :lol:

Old Pirate says congrats to the Pirates on the "W" and getting to the championship game. The Grace program has obvious problems with leadership and is reflected in it's football team. OP has never in 60yrs seen a player walk off the field/sidelines and leave his team until tonite. Regardless, there are NO excuses for the terrible display by some Grace players. It is a terrible disgrace to see any program and for a church afiliated program it is much worse.

T.Rob showed everyone in attendance why he is in OP's mind the 1A Mr. Football and is in a class of his own. :lol: R. Hale simply put on a show tonite and the two should provide plenty of big plays next week.

Well props to South Pitt, they played with alot of class....as for the fans, I have never seen such lack of class and composure. It is the typical fans who live in the past because their lives are not so great. Those players actually played with class, but those fans were just what I expected... They can drag their sorry behinds back and go make their little iron skillets, work at Wal-Mart and think how good they...o w8 sorry, their team did. :lol::lol::lol: It must be sad deep down to be a South Pitt Fan.

Oh look, some arrogant private school prick tries to talk down to people. Glad to see they teach proper grammar at your school. How much did you pay to go there? Too much, it seems. You also try to say you get a bad rep but you are "good Christian men," I think you need to reevaluate your definition of that means. I'm sure Jesus, who preached love and acceptance, would just be giddy to see his good Christian men making posts like that.

This S Pitt fan would like to give props to #75 at Grace for they way he plays. Despite the lopsided score, I thought he went hard every play. Instead of losing his composure as did some team mates, he helped up the opponent he knocked down and patted the butt of the opponent who knocked him down.

Some kids beavior might have been worse last night if not for this young man's good example.

First let me say congrats to the South Pittsburg players. You earned your way to the game last night and the win solidly. Your team is very good but you have those two players (your QB and RB) that make a huge difference for you. I wish all of your boys good luck in Cookeville and the future and look forward to watching those two at the next level.

To the South Pittsburgh fans, I enjoyed you it's a football game for heavens sake and not a social event. You guys made it a great atmosphere and I didn't see anything or hear anything that was out of line just alot of proud and supportive people.

Grace, I also want to send congrats to you for your season and what you did accomplish this year. Don't let anyone take away the success you had this season and tell you that you shouldn't have been there. Take some things away from this game, learn from it, build on it for next year. I hope that it left a bad taste in your mouth because it did mine. I know that you are a very young team and I look forward to watching you for the next few years to come. There's alot of talk on here about how "dirty this team is" when in reality it's a couple of bad apples and that's it. I hope that you Juniors are paying attention and take a stand against this type of play from your team mates this next year. True the coach has alot of control over this type of behavior by his reactions to it but don't think that you don't. You need to insist on respect for yourselves and for your team mates and the others you play against next year. Don't accept anything less from your team mates. Get fundamentaly sound before next year and stop killing yourselves with totally unnecessary penalties. I would be interested to know your year end total pentalty count, yds. from them etc. I bet you 'd be shocked if you heard the total number. Hold your heads up for you really did have a great season, you accomplished something no Grace team before you has and we are truly proud of you.

The last thing I want to address is the personal fouls. Young man I am sorry for what you have had to endure in life, no one your age should have to deal with those types of things. However, don't let these tragic events define who you are and who you are going to be in life. You might never be able to fully be at peace with those things but you can learn to live with them without them destroying you. Everytime you let your anger get the best of you, your gonna make that wall you have put up a little taller and a little harder. Ultimately if don't address these things now and take your life back your gonna have a hard time recovering on any level and none of us want that for you. My prayer for you is to ask God to allow you to turn these things into something in your life that you can witness to others about. You are such a strong young man, and you really are a good person God could use you in a mighty way to witness to others who might have some of your same life experiences if you would let him. It's up to you to choose whether you continue to let these things be the biggest negatives in your life or you turn them around and make them something that can help you and others heal.

Again, congrats to South Pitt for your win and congrats to GCA for your great season. Today is the first day of work outs for the 2010 season Rams! What are you going to do that's gonna make a difference?

TD RUN R. HALE 57-13 SP ... 44 UNANSWERED POINTS!

Well the orange and black prevail again-i think Greenback put 62 on em last year,i think pitt is gonna top that, given up over a hundred points in two playoff losses.Wow didnt see this big a butt kicken coming, thought they would be competitive.NOT!!!!!!!!!

Its back to the old recruiting trail tomorrow, no rest for Coach Mckamey. What you say Skippy.

Well pujo,everyone knows how i stand on this one,south pitt has always been a class act even when they beat our butts a few years ago,but we have given them a few to,always great to see two teams in orange and black go at it,we will be there shortly,NOW back to this one i told you all how this would play out dont understand how they keep letting this #5 on the field,court etc.he definately has issues he needs to tend to before he goes to college,last year he done the same thing except he done it to our allstate mlb/allstate wrestler jackie miller and got two ejected(CLASSLESS)and i am very familiar with his circumstances,but he still needs to be taken behind the woodshed and gave a good switching.Public schools are just that, a bunch of old guys who put blood sweat and tears in a program that they help build twenty years ago.they deserve the right to cheer on their team.This is something you Grace fans know nothing about,you have no tradition,money dont buy tradition,letting kids live with the pastors son so they can play for you all, thats not tradition,bringing kids in from fla to play bball and finding them someone to live with is not tradition,TRADITION is what came to knoxville last year and this year.Tradition will kick your butt!I really think Grace will be back stronger next year,it"s funny how that happens,but i do expect that.But still i would take the community school over the private as far as heart and determination is concerned,when grace came to GB this year i didnt give us a chance,no one else did either,but we dont play the game those young men do,and they were not going to be embarrassed and played their hearts out,oh yeah,and i almost forgot grace had the FLU,thats the only reason we were up 28-0.I guess the FLU bug came back last night because south pitt FLU past grace haha!and as for attenchun,you played well this year,dont let the classlessness of your (school)bring you to their level, keep you head up,you should do your talking on the field and not on old man boards,people lose respect for young men with attitude!PUJO until next year in this forum,good luck to the bulldogs in bball,we are very down this year,lost eight srs,and have a new coach trying to find his way=long year ahead,we will see you all in the climate controllers classic,until then,ROLL PIRATES,bring another gold ball back to east tenn!

Where do I even begin? Congratulations to South Pittsburg Pirates, on yet another great year of Pirate Football.

I dont post very often if ever. But, as i read comments, sometimes things just need to be addressed. Concerning #5, there isnt an excuse to behave like that, and it doesnt make it okay, if your coach condones it. I really dont care what his trials and tribulations are, obviously he hasnt learned from them, and he never will, if he continues to think his coach or mentors thinks its okay to behave that way. I sat in the stands last nite, and watched as a grown man, who is suppose to be the leader and the mentor to this team, condone and almost encourage this kids actions. I also saw other kids, take cheap shots, and participate in poor sportsmanship. I truly believe that we will see GC again, on down the road, but it wont be without some changes in the leadership department.

Please take note! We got down 13-0 in the first quarter. Yes across the board we have better athletes, better tradition, and obviously the one thing GC is missing is great coaching. Im not referring to X's and O's either!!! Im referring on how not to get down or upset because things are not going your way. If you don't believe it, go back and look at the tape of last night's game. So GC if you want the same results as last night, keep playing selfishly, and with no honor or discipline. If you want to be a champion, learn to win with class and lose with class...

I cant help but think of a particular player on our team, who has ever reason to have a bad attititude, but he comes week in and week out, and he brings 110%. He has scratched and clawed, and worked very hard to get where he is at. I wont call his name or his number, but im sure we all know who he is, and my hats of to him for what he has been able to accomplish.

This is the second reference to "no public funds" I've read from the GCA faithful & I've only hit a few pages here & there on this thread. Now you have our attention . . . everyone listen up. GCA the public schools from all over the state are ready to be educated about lack of funds from our private school brothers.

How's basketball practice, since Rockwood (District 3) knocked your butt out of the FOOTBALL playoffs??????????

Grace defeated Rockwood

Rockwood defeated OnEYEda

TEREFORE....

GRACE would beat OnEYEda!!!!!

Have fun with the long winter!!!!!

Oh yeah well Oneida beat Greenback by more than GCA did so :D I guess it would be a tie. Your comparison has no merit. It has been proven time & time again comparing like opponents seldom holds any water on the outcome of a match-up, hypothetical or otherwise. My point of my "lack of public funds" post that seemed to hit a nerve has yet to be addressed. I did not mean GCA shouldn't be proud of their facilities or their program in general. It has been a short period of time & they have accomplished quite a lot & I'm sure it will continue to improve. Just don't bring funds into it, it has taken a little time, & will require more time. No shame in that. As for basketball practice, it seems to be going well, I'll check on your round ball progress Saturday morning. You'll be starting your prep work by then :thumb:.

SP by 14 at the half & it'll just get worse from there.

Oh silverboyblue, just wanted to ask how the basketball team meeting went this morning. One thing about it, whether you lose in round 2 or round 4, the trophy looks the same :D:D