Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How great is it to be a Player for either team right now! Alcoa has GREAT tradition and is a very good football team! I would even say the best football team from 1a-6a. That was shown early in the year when they spanked rival maryville!!!!

Elizabethton has also had very good tradition in football. They do not have the championships to show for it but they were playing UP UP UP in classes for many years!! They will come to play! Coach Witten knows what it takes to win and when he was a player he was in 2 semi final games! Just like this game everyone new the winner was going to be the state champion. Before the cyclones had to play maryville in the same round. Now its Alcoa which is the best team in high school football this year. But for the first time in a loooong time E-town now gets to play against a team that has very close to the same amount of students.

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!

GREAT WEEK TO BE A CYCLONE AND A TONADO!!!!

I respect ALCOA! but you gotta love a underdog and the BESTY BOYS!!

Betsy has great atmosphere to play football in. The stands are full, the community comes out in support, and the music is loud. I would suggest all Alcoa fans to arrive early to find parking. Not much available and most on street.

The game, I'm sure will be a great one. I look for Betsy to play close for 1st quarter or maybe half and then Alcoa will roll. This has been the way it has gone against CAK and Loudon over the years. They seem to just "Out Athlete" everyone in the end. CAK does not play players both ways and Alcoa didnt wear down. Loudon is physical on the lines, and Alcoa didnt wear down. I know no one likes to hear comparisons based on common opponents, but there is nothing else to go by until Friday. CAK has never taken Alcoa past the middle of the 3rd quarter in a competitive game. Even if Betsy had beaten CAK earlier in the year, the fact that the two teams played so close doesn't bode well for the Cyclones. Alcoa is a different animal and probably could win the 6a championship. Good lunch to both teams and I am excited to see the outcome

Betsy has great atmosphere to play football in. The stands are full, the community comes out in support, and the music is loud. I would suggest all Alcoa fans to arrive early to find parking. Not much available and most on street.

The game, I'm sure will be a great one. I look for Betsy to play close for 1st quarter or maybe half and then Alcoa will roll. This has been the way it has gone against CAK and Loudon over the years. They seem to just "Out Athlete" everyone in the end. CAK does not play players both ways and Alcoa didnt wear down. Loudon is physical on the lines, and Alcoa didnt wear down. I know no one likes to hear comparisons based on common opponents, but there is nothing else to go by until Friday. CAK has never taken Alcoa past the middle of the 3rd quarter in a competitive game. Even if Betsy had beaten CAK earlier in the year, the fact that the two teams played so close doesn't bode well for the Cyclones. Alcoa is a different animal and probably could win the 6a championship. Good lunch to both teams and I am excited to see the outcome

CAK lineman #67 plays both ways.....

You are right CoachSH; both schools have earned the right to play in this game and should be extraordinarily proud of their accomplishments. They have worked extremely hard to be in this position and both teams should walk on to that field with pride! We hope that both communities come out and support the kids and no matter what the end score is, these teams are champions. Best of luck to both teams and may both play a good game with sportsmanship and without injuries.

Looking forward to revisiting the great town of Elizabethton; a great atmosphere and really good people.

Do you know what time the gates open there?

As I am a Tornadoe fan, I have to say...................GO TORNADOES!!!!

I have to go with our Blount County rivals on this one unless the Witten boys are playing. Good luck to the Tornados. Stay healthy...I hear Quarles and Stephens are discussing the possibility of a BC Bowl the weekend after the Championship game. Just Kidding....but I had you going!!!! :D