Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

I would like to go on record and say that, even though a native of Blount County, I have a special place in my heart for the city of Elizabethton. My mother's family had several relatives who chose to move to Elizabethton when Norris Lake flooded their land in Union County (my mother's branch of the family settled in Blount County). We visited the Elizabethton relatives multiple times during my childhood, and I really enjoyed the visits.

Most recently, I attended the 2005 wedding on the Milligan College campus of my 2nd cousin once removed Bill Longmire to a long time Elizabethton High School teacher, Patricia (Patsy) Goddard. I think they were both 82 years old at the time of the wedding. They had known each other as children and went their separate ways before finally reuniting late in life.

In the few years I've known Mrs. Longmire, she has indoctrinated me in the history of Elizabethton High School football and basketball, so even though I haven't yet been to a sporting event involving Elizabethton High, I feel as if I know the place and I respect its traditions.

Hopefully, we can leave the trash talking behind on CoachT and make the game Friday night an event both communities can be proud of.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to go on record and say that, even though a native of Blount County, I have a special place in my heart for the city of Elizabethton. My mother's family had several relatives who chose to move to Elizabethton when Norris Lake flooded their land in Union County (my mother's branch of the family settled in Blount County). We visited the Elizabethton relatives multiple times during my childhood, and I really enjoyed the visits.

Wow! Chance the Gardener, you and I are sort of opposites. Even though I am a native of Blount County, my father was born in Elizabethton. He migrated to Alcoa. As you can see I was able to escape to the other side of the Aluminum Curtain, where I reside to this day. pip pip cheerio... :hungry:

I don't get the tree picture even though it is a nice tree.

I THINK that I shall never see

A poem lovely as a tree.

I wish I could be at this game Friday. Good luck to two great teams, and may the best team win! What matters is what happens this week, as these two teams have put themselves in position to play this Friday. I have the utmost respect for Elizabethton, but there seems to be some "revisionist" history regarding the CAK game that needs to be set straight. If you watch the game film a couple of times between CAK and E Town, as I have, two things are clear. 1. The Cyclones truly were only a few plays (executed better) away from winning the game! 2. HOWEVER....if you give CAK the same benefit of the doubt, and give them a few "do over" plays executed better, guess what? CAK still wins the game, only more decisively. If CAK fans had the same logic as some of the E Town fans and only thought about the plays their team could have executed better, this game would not have been nearly as close as the score. So, my point, if you are going to play the, "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game with E Town, to be balanced and objective you have to give CAK the same benefit of the doubt. The fact is that the record is CAK 1, E Town 0. Next year may be different. You'll get your chance to come to Warrior Stadium in about a year to make your point. Till then, good luck, and may the best team win Friday.

As you can see I was able to escape to the other side of the Aluminum Curtain, where I reside to this day.

Now, I'm confused. I always thought that someone escaping to the other side of the Aluminum Curtain would be going the opposite direction. :hungry:

Wow! Chance the Gardener, you and I are sort of opposites. pip pip cheerio...

By the way, thanks a lot for unmasking me as Chance, the simpleton gardener that I really am. My party was planning to run me in the 2012 presidential election. Guess that won't happen now. Also by the way, I'm not British. I am just a simple gardener who used to work for an old man in Washington, D.C. :roflol:

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Being_There for my life story.

But, enough about me. The real topic here is Alcoa vs Elizabethton.

"As for the taunting issue refrenced by some posters herein. I have reviewed the film from the AE game and was stunned at the pre-game taunting the E-Town players got away with. Most stunning was the fact that some E-Town coach was leading the way, we reoprted the to TSSAA....BooHooBooHoo....

F5seekshelter"

Maybe you are looking at a different film, EHS was jumping in a circle and it was not untill AE ran over to them did they turn and fast them. AE was the taunters not EHS, they broke and went to their drills. IT'S ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS ON THE FIELD FRIDAY NIGHT WHEN THE CLOCK STARTES, AND THE NEXT 48 MIN. NOT WHAT HAPPENS BEFORE THE GAME, EHS WILL "RIGHT THIS SHIP" "THEY RUN THIS SHIP" IN THE END THEY WILL BE WHAT THEY SPELL BEFOR THE GAME C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S. When coach Witten came to this team he said give him 3 years and he will "Return To Dominance" The Betsy program. RTD... so go ahead and cry to TSSAA....I bet Alcoa will be doing a lot of crying after Friday Night....

"As for the taunting issue refrenced by some posters herein. I have reviewed the film from the AE game and was stunned at the pre-game taunting the E-Town players got away with. Most stunning was the fact that some E-Town coaches were leading the charge! I have heard that th

F5seekshelter"

Maybe you are looking at a different film, EHS was jumping in a circle and it was not untill AE ran over to them did they turn and fast them. AE was the taunters not EHS, they broke and went to their drills.

This could have been the case, because the film shown on youtube only shows EHS players. However, the tape also shows the A-E coaches running in, pushing their guys back. At the end of the film, an EHS coach comes in to push his players back.

There was also some mention of A-E players "stomping on the E". Again, it may have happened before the film showed the A-E players, but it didn't appear that that's what they were doing. A lot of the boys were jumping up and down on both sides.

No matter, you won't see that kind of behavior from Alcoa. They'll be "taking care of business".

Most recently, I attended the 2005 wedding on the Milligan College campus of my 2nd cousin once removed Bill Longmire to a long time Elizabethton High School teacher, Patricia (Patsy) Goddard. I think they were both 82 years old at the time of the wedding. They had known each other as children and went their separate ways before finally reuniting late in life.

In the few years I've known Mrs. Longmire, she has indoctrinated me in the history of Elizabethton High School football and basketball, so even though I haven't yet been to a sporting event involving Elizabethton High, I feel as if I know the place and I respect its traditions.

I agree with you Chauncey. Years ago, I had a small business in both Elizabethton and Mountain City and was very impressed with the people in that area. Hard working, "salt of the earth" type people that deserve our respect. Hoping a great game for all an that our coacht posts don't go beyond minor "teasing". Wishing the best for both teams

Hopefully, we can leave the trash talking behind on CoachT and make the game Friday night an event both communities can be proud of.

Wow you all talk about class,but yet you get on here and bash a community,the other team and a bunch of kids riding the high of there life! If thats class well I have none. How many posting actually play? I bet very few,you all are riding the coat tails of 2 very good teams and pulling your own chains to make yourself fill good.Both these teams have earned respect and are very good no matter if they have won them all or lost some to. You all forget these kids read these post and if they dont have enough pressure you all add more for both teams. Heres an idea grow up and act like you know football. It doesnt matter who looks best,has the biggest players,best record,etc... any thing can happen at anytime! And as far as CAK goes great team with good coaching that beat us with no excuses,you all stopped us on 3rd and 1 and on 4th and 1 and that won the game! Congradulations! And Alcoa you should say nothing at all you dont have to tou have 5 state championships in a row that speaks for itself if you let it! And at the end of the day all you can say is Elizabethton and Alcoa played the best of the best and someones going win and someones going to lose its life. But when whatever team wins or loses both teams fans will rush to there computer and instead of saying good game it will be see I told you what would happen,we got a bad call,someone cheated,blah,blah blah instead of saying great game guys way to leave onthe feild and better luck next time! Remember some of these kids it there last game ever most will never play football again so grow up and show respect on both teams!

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

Wow you all talk about class,but yet you get on here and bash a community,the other team and a bunch of kids riding the high of there life! If thats class well I have none. How many posting actually play? I bet very few,you all are riding the coat tails of 2 very good teams and pulling your own chains to make yourself fill good.Both these teams have earned respect and are very good no matter if they have won them all or lost some to. You all forget these kids read these post and if they dont have enough pressure you all add more for both teams. Heres an idea grow up and act like you know football. It doesnt matter who looks best,has the biggest players,best record,etc... any thing can happen at anytime! And as far as CAK goes great team with good coaching that beat us with no excuses,you all stopped us on 3rd and 1 and on 4th and 1 and that won the game! Congradulations! And Alcoa you should say nothing at all you dont have to tou have 5 state championships in a row that speaks for itself if you let it! And at the end of the day all you can say is Elizabethton and Alcoa played the best of the best and someones going win and someones going to lose its life. But when whatever team wins or loses both teams fans will rush to there computer and instead of saying good game it will be see I told you what would happen,we got a bad call,someone cheated,blah,blah blah instead of saying great game guys way to leave onthe feild and better luck next time! Remember some of these kids it there last game ever most will never play football again so grow up and show respect on both teams!

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

Very well said

GO CYCLONES

sorry to all the alcoa fans elizabethton hasnt won this many games in a while. they arent used to being in the playoffs more than two rounds. some of us no what its like to be in a big game

Your a joke bulldog50, what have your done besides get everybody hyped up and lay an egg year after year! You couldnt even win in 1a which you should never have played in to begin with! Just keep playing your same schedule and going out early,Heck if not for a bye week your gone in 2 weeks! So show some respect,when Cyclones where done I came and watched your games because your where part of this community and i know you want do the same and we really dont want you to,just stay up there and tell everyone how good you are! Maybe one day you can step up and play the Cyclones or do you enjoy playing the same team twice in one year "Johnson County"! And dont you dare say we want play you,you dont want to go there!