Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton had a great season and did as good as they could. If they play Alcoa 10 times Alcoa would win 10 times they are just better. Before the game in warm ups you could tell that Alcoa was all business. Both their lines are awesome and the running backs are horses also. What I saw you will get State Title #11 this year and #12 next year.

I wish EHS was in 4a because they would have had a better chance.

Trainer

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:04 am Re: Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

by Stonewall » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:10 am

"I would like to make it over to Elizabethton for this one. None of us know what will really happen, but here's my guess. Betsy hangs around for a while and gives what will be a capacity crowd reason to cheer a few times. However, deep genetics and deep, deep tradition decides the day. This is a big game for Betsy. Alcoa has played in bigger for 6 straight years and won virtually every time. No one in East Tennessee can prepare us for the collegiate-like material that we are going to see. Alcoa's speed will be the talk of the locals when this one's done and the Tornado's will pull away in big fashion. If I'm wrong I'll be on here quick to provide the Cyclones props. Losing isn't always a failure of coaches or kids. Sometimes battles just get lost because other people are better."

Lee Corso eat your heart out.

Well I guess Alcoa must have dominated up front. Just a shame the best teams in 3A are all in 1 district. Loudon/CAK would probably beat everyone in 3A. But I wouldn't say Alcoa was the best team in the state I would have to go with MUS. Any team that could go to South Panola, MS and beat a team that has won 85 out if 86 is pretty dang tough. Alcoa would be too one dimensional for MUS. Just don't think their passing game would be good enough. At least they didn't show it in the Loudon games this year.