Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess Alcoa must have dominated up front. Just a shame the best teams in 3A are all in 1 district. Loudon/CAK would probably beat everyone in 3A. But I wouldn't say Alcoa was the best team in the state I would have to go with MUS. Any team that could go to South Panola, MS and beat a team that has won 85 out if 86 is pretty dang tough. Alcoa would be too one dimensional for MUS. Just don't think their passing game would be good enough. At least they didn't show it in the Loudon games this year.

I am sure the MUS team beat a good team in Ms but dont forget Alcoa beat a team that had one quite a few in a row as well

Not being ugly by saying this at all, and i am sure that anyone who saw the quarterfinals and were willing to be honest about it.....Loudon only lost because of one issue....DEPTH. Our boys gave it ALL they had and then some. IMO... If they hadn't ran out of steam, (because of the small size of the team, 5 players start both ways), and if Loudons offense had been a little more on their game that night, I think Loudon would have walked away winners. It seemed obvious that our defense was too much for Alcoas running game, and the passing game???????.....well.....

it was also obvious that going into the 4th quarter 7-3 was a good indicator that Alcoa didnt "pound the rock" that night.

You can say what you want, that we are crying...whining...whatever. But it is only because you know you came very close to losing to a team that until this point you have given very little credit.

Now stop talking about the past and get ready for next week! Good Luck at State

Not being ugly by saying this at all, and i am sure that anyone who saw the quarterfinals and were willing to be honest about it.....Loudon only lost because of one issue....DEPTH. Our boys gave it ALL they had and then some. IMO... If they hadn't ran out of steam, (because of the small size of the team, 5 players start both ways), and if Loudons offense had been a little more on their game that night, I think Loudon would have walked away winners. It seemed obvious that our defense was too much for Alcoas running game, and the passing game???????.....well.....

it was also obvious that going into the 4th quarter 7-3 was a good indicator that Alcoa didnt "pound the rock" that night.

You can say what you want, that we are crying...whining...whatever. But it is only because you know you came very close to losing to a team that until this point you have given very little credit.

I give Loudon tons of credit. They were the best defensive team we have played all year. CAK was second. Both Loudon and CAK if playing in a different quad would give anybody a run for their money!

Loudons's weakness was pass defense. Against CAK it was not even a contest. should have been 31-0 but QB fumbled ball through end zone for touchback. Loudon could get no pressure on CAK QB and receivers were to fast for Loudon. Maybe if we combined CAK / Loudon, we could play with Alcoa

Loudons's weakness was pass defense. Against CAK it was not even a contest. should have been 31-0 but QB fumbled ball through end zone for touchback. Loudon could get no pressure on CAK QB and receivers were to fast for Loudon. Maybe if we combined CAK / Loudon, we could play with Alcoa

Hey, Sharkie, thats the kind of combination a team will have to have to beat Alcoa. But putting CAK & Loudon together would be like the USA & Russia fighting along side each other to defeat Germany. It worked, but it didn't last long. :thumb:

Let me start by saying Loudon played their worst game of the year at CAK.With that said,I don't know that I would say no contest.With the score 10-0 Loudon was 1st and goal at the 4 and was penalized out of the red zone and didn't score.Also, Loudon fumbled on their own 5 to give one score and another came on an int. return.Cak's offense really produced 10 points.I think it woul have been a different game if they would have played in the playoffs.All of this doesn't matter much as long as Alcoa's in our region.

Yes Loudon played a great game against us, but there is still no way they would beat us if they had more depth. If we want to make the argument of players playing both ways, then we have to say Alcoa doesnt have the depth either really because like Loudon we have 5 players playing both ways.

Look Loudon is a good team with a good defense, but I can't ever see Loudon, who has been shut out 5 out of the last 8 contests against Alcoa ever scoring more points than us.

Arrogance is typical Elizabethton High School. They think they are the "straw" that stirs Carter County. BEfore the game a few of us other Carter County schools fans were talking to some EHS parents. The conversation centered on them complaining about other Carter County schools not being out to support them in large numbers. One even made this statement "how often does Carter County get to host such an event..." He was reminded that Cloudland and Hampton did the same thing mutilpe times in recent years. He was asked if he went to the Cloundland games a few years ago or the Hampton semi's the last few years. His response "why would I, that's not real football like we play..."

Another parent was whining about the lack of game coverage in the Johnson City paper. Geez......

Best thing they could do to EHS is consolidate it with Unaka.... but I'd hate to do that to the Rangers. I personally enjoyed what I saw last night.

Congrats to the Tornado Nation. Glad you represented yourself and district 4 so well. When someone in 3A finally beats you I want it to be CAK or Loudon, (a keepin it inside the family/district 4 kinda thing). Hopefully I will be able to head to Cookieville next Saturday and watch you win another gold ball.

Congrats to Betsy for a good season. You've got a good coach, some good players and a great game atmosphere. However; I really think the whole taunting thing is a little much for a high school team and it is not putting a very positive spin on your program. You can have some "swagger" without that. Tonight you got just a little taste of what some of us have had to deal with for a while. So, take your medicine, dust it off and get ready for basketball.

I am really looking forward to Ivan Sanders article for this game.....want to see how it looked "from this reporter's view."

I saw him cheering the band on at halftime, even though they were not on the field.Cheerleader.gif

I told you guys the Nation Anthem at Betsy was an awesome sight! Thanks for that.

TG: You would not have such an attitude today if you would have stayed at Ridgewood :thumb: ....It takes away ALL your problems, for a little while anyway! :thumb:

What paper does he write for?