Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Footballmom. Your argument of lack of depth does not hold water. If I am not mistaken Loudon's enrollment is nearly twice that of Alcoa. If that fact is correct, why do you have so few players? Nearly 100 of our 250 boys play football. As you have already been told, we too have five players that go both ways as well. So now what is your excuse?

Bottomline is Loudon loses 10 out of 10 games against the Tornadoes. Not until Loudon reaches Alcoa's level with the total combination of size, speed, physicality, conditioning, discipline and coaching will they have a chance. Right now IMO you are short on team speed, discipline, and conditioning.

So stop embarrassing a good group of proud Redskins. They had a great season. But they know why they lost to Alcoa. Ask them. They will have the same answer E-Town does right now.

Not being ugly by saying this at all, and i am sure that anyone who saw the quarterfinals and were willing to be honest about it.....Loudon only lost because of one issue....DEPTH. Our boys gave it ALL they had and then some. IMO... If they hadn't ran out of steam, (because of the small size of the team, 5 players start both ways), and if Loudons offense had been a little more on their game that night, I think Loudon would have walked away winners. It seemed obvious that our defense was too much for Alcoas running game, and the passing game???????.....well.....

it was also obvious that going into the 4th quarter 7-3 was a good indicator that Alcoa didnt "pound the rock" that night.

You can say what you want, that we are crying...whining...whatever. But it is only because you know you came very close to losing to a team that until this point you have given very little credit.

Now stop talking about the past and get ready for next week! Good Luck at State

Are you really serious? :thumb:

Footballmom. Your argument of lack of depth does not hold water. If I am not mistaken Loudon's enrollment is nearly twice that of Alcoa. If that fact is correct, why do you have so few players? Nearly 100 of our 250 boys play football. As you have already been told, we too have five players that go both ways as well. So now what is your excuse?

Bottomline is Loudon loses 10 out of 10 games against the Tornadoes. Not until Loudon reaches Alcoa's level with the total combination of size, speed, physicality, conditioning, discipline and coaching will they have a chance. Right now IMO you are short on team speed, discipline, and conditioning.

So stop embarrassing a good group of proud Redskins. They had a great season. But they know why they lost to Alcoa. Ask them. They will have the same answer E-Town does right now.

Guys relax.It's just a mom being overly exuberant. Scot50 the difference in the two teams was speed and talent.Alcoa has more of both.Discipline and conditioning were not the problem.

I wil be the first to give the devil his due and Alcoa is the best team by far with that be said there is no way that a school with 513 students has 100 players that are that good without the ability to recruit and you all can say what you want but its crap and no one will beat you other than Maryville until that changes! And dont talk about class when you have a team down 27 with 4 min left and you go for it on forth down to score and pad your stats,and then your fans taught with there chants on a group of 20 some seniors knowing its there last game classless! :lol: Just a few questions I have

#1--- How many players pay tution?

#2---How many parents work together at the same place?

#3---How many players are originally from Alcoa?

But thanks for proving a point money can buy Championships! :roflol:

Now lets just see how honest you Alcoa fans can be!

And if your reply is im just a Cyclone fan whining about losing your wrong you all beat us like a drum and will continue to do so until you run out of money or Maryville takes your players or you go private!!!

FITY-ish & T.Gold , you need to shut your BIG MOUTHS , yes I know who you are talking about with the horns and the sign . These people have been sitting on the 50 yr line for years and are the best fans that the kids have !! If you don't like the noise , STAY HOME !!!!!Football games are places where you support the kids and get LOUD . The coaches & boys loved it and that's all that matters . If you don't like it , WATCH FROM THE TELEVSION OR STAY HOME AND LISTEN TO YOUR RADIOS !!! You both need to bend a little , you need stress relievers , rlax , you are too uptight ! Get a grip . It is ignorant to get on this page and dis your own fans . If the people don't yell on that 50 yard line the kids would have noone yelling for them ! You people sit up there like "BUMPS ON LOGS" , with no emotions , if you don't like it , STAY HOME , you evidently just started coming , these fans have been coming for years !!! SHUT UP !!!!!!! :roflol::lol:

Here we go again.

#1...Alcoa does not pay for players, parents can pay tuition to put them in a great academic school system.

#2...That means Alcoa will not run out of money, that is just ignorant to insinuate we pay for them.

#3...We must have the best recruiters ever since most kids come to alcoa at a young age and play together for years.

Alcoa was open zoned when we were losing games as well. A great feeder program and great training, dedication and tradition with tallent create what you see. Not some group of boosters scouting tallent. I don't have numbers but I can assure you the overwhelming majority of alcoa players and especially playmakers are from alcoa or have been there long before middle school.

Now I know you will refuse to believe a word of this, but I don't think for a second any logic can overrule jealousy that you have towards the program.

Parents working together? I don't think we keep stats on that, we just count rings.

Classless, I wasn't there what happened. Did alcoa celebrate a victory like other schools would have, what should alcoa have done? A moment of silence for the end of betsy's season?

Here we go again.

#1...Alcoa does not pay for players, parents can pay tuition to put them in a great academic school system.

#2...That means Alcoa will not run out of money, that is just ignorant to insinuate we pay for them.

#3...We must have the best recruiters ever since most kids come to alcoa at a young age and play together for years.

Alcoa was open zoned when we were losing games as well. A great feeder program and great training, dedication and tradition with tallent create what you see. Not some group of boosters scouting tallent. I don't have numbers but I can assure you the overwhelming majority of alcoa players and especially playmakers are from alcoa or have been there long before middle school.

Now I know you will refuse to believe a word of this, but I don't think for a second any logic can overrule jealousy that you have towards the program.

Parents working together? I don't think we keep stats on that, we just count rings.

Classless, I wasn't there what happened. Did alcoa celebrate a victory like other schools would have, what should alcoa have done? A moment of silence for the end of betsy's season?

Thats your tale i sit on mine

lbjtn:

You're freakin' hilarious, dude! You have no idea who you're talking to. Also, you have no idea who I was talking about. The Sudderth sisters are awesome, it's the other people who have just started coming to the games in the past few years that are obnoxious. And, no, the coaches and players didn't enjoy the horns, they thought it was obnoxious as well (I've talked with several of them about it). In fact, some of them said that at least it was annoying the other side too. It's one thing to blow those things during the "wind", but an all together different thing to continuously blow them through out the whole 4th quarter. I'm a "yeller", but I quit yelling and making noise because I knew nothing would be heard over those horns. I usually yell so much I'm hoarse the next day. So, don't talk to me about being a "bump on a log"; I'm as far as you can get from that. Getting on this forum and voicing my opinion about obnoxious fans (which every team has) is my right, and I'll do it if I please.

I will come to Ms. Sudderth's defense and say that she did put it down when the play actually began; she had it up when the boys were lining up for the play.

"If the people don't yell on that 50 yard line the kids would have noone yelling for them ! " You're selling the students short. They yell continuously for the boys on the field. Maybe you couldn't hear them because of the horns.

And, no, I haven't "just started coming to the games". I'm an alum and have been going to games for 40+ years. What about yourself?

Sorry if I offended you with your horn-blowing. Like I said, just please don't blow it during the whole freakin' game, PLEASE.