Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

You misread my post. I never said Alcoa needed to move up because we can't hang with them. I said I'd like to see them move up in football to establish themselves as pound for pound best team in TN, which in my opinion they are definitely closer to claiming that than any other 3A or 4A team. While CAK and Loudon are giving them better games year after year Alcoa proved they can beat the big schools and I have confidence they could win the championship at 4A, possibly 5A, and hang with the big dogs in 6A as they did against Maryville which if they win Alcoa gets to say they beat the 6A champs earlier in the year which is worth bragging about no matter where you come from. EHS played up in 4A for years and now that we are where we are supposed to be, 3A, we're tearing up our division. Alcoa is this good now but if they played bigger teams on a regular basis imagine how scary Alcoa would be on the 3A level and above.

Also you killed EHS who killed Greeneville who could be the 4A champs so then Alcoa can say they are a better team than the 6A and 4A state champs to an extent. If there was any year that EHS should have played in 4A it would be this year. And while you only have like "520" students your football players quality and prestige would make it seem as if you all had 5200 students. Just because a school has more people to pick from doesn't always mean they have the better team, Alcoa also has the depth to compete with a lot of the bigger teams as well.

Anyway if we play future seasons like we did this season we'll probably be seeing Alcoa in future 3A playoffs as well. And as for the other 3A teams getting better to compete, we can only play with what we have to work with(weak conferences) and only a few non conference games. Not all of us can play in the same conference with top TN teams like Alcoa gets to each year.

I understood what you were trying to say in your earlier post. Do you think Elizabethton might consider putting us on their schedule? We are always begging for teams to play.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the Betsy fans figured out what us Loudon and CAK fans were trying to tell you guys last week. I simply made a quote about how Alcoa has always had the athletes, but how physical there line was this year. In which one of the Elizabethton fans took offense to and wrote a paragraph about this and about that.(Whining)

Well I hate to say we told you so, but we told you so. We normally play them twice a year so we knew, until you play them YOU DON'T KNOW.

We (Loudon) played them just about as good as we could play them. But we knew to beat them, we would have had to play to near perfection and catch a few breaks along the way, which didn't happen.

So congratulations to Elizabethton on a fantastic year. And as someone said last week. Only Region 4 teams BEATS Region 4 teams(Loudon, CAK and Alcoa)

Alcoa, we will be pulling for you against a very,very good Milan team

---Go bring home another state title.

Thanks Korn for your comments. I would love to see Loudon or CAK play Milan; I think both would beat them as both teams are excellent.

Have you seen Milan? We aint too shabby either.

Hufstedler, plz see my comment below.

"Alcoa, we will be pulling for you against a very,very good Milan team

---Go bring home another state title."

You are correct, Milan isn't too shabby....

I was referring to fiftyishfootballmom's comment about thinking Louden and CAK would beat Milan. I don't know how a person can say that.

I was referring to fiftyishfootballmom's comment about thinking Louden and CAK would beat Milan. I don't know how a person can say that.

I will agree with your statement "Milan isn't too shabby". However, I still believe in the strength and ability of both Loudon and CAK's programs. I don't mean to offend, it is just my opinion.

I will agree with your statement "Milan isn't too shabby". However, I still believe in the strength and ability of both Loudon and CAK's programs. I don't mean to offend, it is just my opinion.

Until you have seen Milan, then I don't know how you can have an educated opinion, but you didn't say educated did you? You don't know and haven't seen the teams we have played just like we don't know and haven't seen the teams that you have played. Show me Louden and CAK's offensive and defensive stats. Put them up against Milan and let's see what that would tell us. Remember there is only one team that has given up fewer points than Milan and that is Alcoa.

Until you have seen Milan, then I don't know how you can have an educated opinion, but you didn't say educated did you? You don't know and haven't seen the teams we have played just like we don't know and haven't seen the teams that you have played. Show me Louden and CAK's offensive and defensive stats. Put them up against Milan and let's see what that would tell us. Remember there is only one team that has given up fewer points than Milan and that is Alcoa.

The best thing would to compare apples to apples........compare Milan's stats against Alcoa in 2008 to CAK's in `2008.

Then after Alcoa and Milan play, compare Milan's stats to Loudon and CAK's against Alcoa stats! :roflol:

IMO, (LIKE IT OR NOT huffy!) Milan will NOT hold Alcoa to 21 points like Loudon did. :roflol:

Would they beat them? Nobody can say yes or no for sure....COULD they beat them? Absolutely

thank you mom, tornado, and BC.....and for u Hufstedler, someone correct me if I am wrong, but "stats" showed Loudon's Defense #2 FOR 3A, (Milan #1) before the semi-finals against Alcoa..(MAKES YOU LOOK KINDA "UN-EDUCATED" TOO HUFFY)....so yeah, I could see Loudon giving Milan a run for the money :wacko: Maybe one of these days they will get the chance! But they are gonna have to beat Alcoa first, and do I see Milan beating Alcoa? thats a GINORMOUS "N"O"!

BLOW 'EM AWAY F5!!!