Whites Creek at Greeneville

DevilMan03

Hello all Greeneville fans! It is a pleasure to get on here and converse with the group. I won't get on here and trash talk because I think it is a great accomplishment for both teams to get this far. I'll clear up some of the conversation that has been shared so far.

Yes WC's band is probably similar to Brainerd so you might want to cover the grandkids eyes. :roflolk:

WC is a very Jekyl and Hyde team? Coming off thxgiving and no school for two days is not good for us. I'm not making excuses, it is what it is. IF we win, we win. IF we lose, we lose.

From what I can gather Greeneville is an outstanding team. The fans on the board have been great unlike the one Red Bank fan who has trashed all teams that have more than one loss. All that matters is who wins the last game..................

After my Cobras got humbled in basketball 3 yrs ago by Maryville, I will NEVER underestimate an East TN team in any sport.

BTW, the cornerback you are referring to is Jamie Graham, who is playing at Vandy right now and won't be able to help us.

A few notable alumni from WC are Shelton Quarles he played on the Tampa Bay Bucs Superbowl Team.

Jeff Powell 1986 UT sugar bowl Team. Frank Omiyale (TN Tech) Chicago Bears.

Good Luck to both teams. I won't be able to make the trip to Greeneville. So I'll be keeping an eye on the message boards for updates.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit about the game. From what I have read we will lose the game on FG kicking alone. We HAVE NO kicker!! We will go for TWO every time!!

As far as the roster #1, #2, and #3 are the big play threats. #2 is pretty special if he gets in the open field he will probably score.

Overall WC is nothing you haven't seen already in Red Bank or Brainerd for that matter. Each game is separate. Hopefully Greeneville has an off day. Lots of turnovers and comes out flat.

A little bit about the game. From what I have read we will lose the game on FG kicking alone. We HAVE NO kicker!! We will go for TWO every time!!

As far as the roster #1, #2, and #3 are the big play threats. #2 is pretty special if he gets in the open field he will probably score.

Overall WC is nothing you haven't seen already in Red Bank or Brainerd for that matter. Each game is separate. Hopefully Greeneville has an off day. Lots of turnovers and comes out flat.

Having lots of turnovers fortunately did not prove too costly for us at Red Bank. I think if this is gonna be a defensive struggle as it was @ RB, it will be a game of field position and with the outstanding performance of both our place-kicker and punter, that advantage will have to go to Greeneville. I also think Greeneville is vastly improved the last half of the season in both the pass and kick coverage...yay!!!.

I'm hoping we deny your Cobras the opportunity to go for 2 every time...I'd like to keep the "every times" to a bare minimum.

Yay, we finally got rid of Goliath and its David vs David!!!!!Neither of us is supposed to be here. And we get this one at home. Can we expect a decent crowd from WC?

Goliath? Red Bank was definitely the best team we would have to face, but I wouldn't have called it a David vs. Goliath matchup. Greeneville just should have been ranked higher. What a great game though, two proven teams in the old 4A went at it and Greeneville came out on top. Good Luck vs. Whites Creek.

Was Whites Creek an old 4A school as well, or did I just dream that up?

greeneville has played a relatively weak schedule, while White's Creek has played the TOUGHEST regular season schedule in all of 4A. They are battle tested.

White's Creek 40

greeneville 6

Greeneville's conference is very weak"However",Greeneville played Tennessee High who finished the regular season number 1 in 5a.Greeneville played Elizabethton,who is going against one of the best teams in the country in this weeks 3A semi matchup,and Greeneville played Sullivan South,who is playing in the state semi's this week in 5A.Plus,Greeneville just happened to beat the number one team in 4A last week.I'd say they have played a good team or two.Greeneville 28-White's Creek 18

greeneville has played a relatively weak schedule, while White's Creek has played the TOUGHEST regular season schedule in all of 4A. They are battle tested.

White's Creek 40

greeneville 6

The conference is what it is...you just make adjustments

this is the same song we've heard since the play-offs started....fourth verse.Noone outside NET thought Greeneville could play with the Chattanooga teams...Even Russo from KnoxNews had all 3 Chattanooga teams picked to beat us.(MORON also picked Claiborne) All the so-called experts keep thinking its about schedule, opposition and math.We'll just keep believing its about skill, preparation and execution...in the case of the Red Bank team, personally I think Daniels might have just got out-coached.

White's Creek 40

greeneville 6

You have to be kidding right? I'm not a big fan of comparing sports to battles or wars, too many freinds and family who have actually been to war and battled and layed thier life on the line for our country, so I may change your quote. Greeneville has been tested by two number 1 teams in the state, in TN High and Red Bank, a pretty good Sullivan South team and a darn good Elizabethton team. The latter two being in the semifinals in their respective classes. Keep thinking Greeneville hasn't been tested, you'll be surprised. And for any team to score 40 on Greeneville's defense at this point in the season, they deserve the gold ball. Just ain't going to happen. BTW, didn't Russo pick West Greene over Greeneville too? That one backfired on him.

White's Creek 40

greeneville 6

You have to be kidding right? I'm not a big fan of comparing sports to battles or wars, too many freinds and family who have actually been to war and battled and layed thier life on the line for our country, so I may change your quote. Greeneville has been tested by two number 1 teams in the state, in TN High and Red Bank, a pretty good Sullivan South team and a darn good Elizabethton team. The latter two being in the semifinals in their respective classes. Keep thinking Greeneville hasn't been tested, you'll be surprised. And for any team to score 40 on Greeneville's defense at this point in the season, they deserve the gold ball. Just ain't going to happen. BTW, didn't Russo pick West Greene over Greeneville too? That one backfired on him.

I think Russo knows as much about football in NET as I know about brain surgery.

I see that my post got yanked. I'm sorry if it offended anyone. As for my math skills, I got nothing for this game. I do know that 40-6 is worse math than I've ever done. To anyone I offended, SORRY! SORRY! SORRY! - to anyone who chuckled, MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!

I think this game will be an entertaining game to fans who know the subtleties of the game. I don't see it being a shoot out at all. i think WC not having a kicker will hurt them, but it will also put interesting pressure on Greenville's defense.

I'm going to drive up for this game. Maybe Barb will put me a little supper out on the porch!