Brentwood Bruins vs. White Station Spartans

lbhiii

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Brentwood for their victory vs Franklin! While our game didn't go into OT, the ending was in question until about 30 seconds left in the game when Whitehaven failed to convert a 4th down in our end of the field. We're looking forward to the road trip!

I think everyone that posts on CoachT is well aware of the history of success that Middle Tn teams have over West Tn teams. I do live in the real world, and have to think White Station must be the underdog in this match up.

What can the Brentwood fans tell us of your team? (not looking for top secret special plays or anything)

Congrats to Brentwood for their victory vs Franklin! While our game didn't go into OT, the ending was in question until about 30 seconds left in the game when Whitehaven failed to convert a 4th down in our end of the field. We're looking forward to the road trip!

I think everyone that posts on CoachT is well aware of the history of success that Middle Tn teams have over West Tn teams. I do live in the real world, and have to think White Station must be the underdog in this match up.

What can the Brentwood fans tell us of your team? (not looking for top secret special plays or anything)

Congratulations to the Spartans on a great season and we are looking forward to hosting you guys this week. As a Germantown graduate I know I don't buy into the assumption that we have a better team just because we play in Middle Tennessee. Each year brings new players, new circumstances, etc.

As for the Bruin team, we have a solid defense that can bend at times but doesn't break often. Our offense is varied with multiple formations. Sometimes spread and sometimes option. We have a 1500 yd rusher but four others with over 200 yards. 8 guys have over 10 carries and 8 guys have five or more receptions.

How about you guys?

Looking forward to a good game Friday night and any school that has produced Bill Cook and Joe Jackson is good in my book.

Congratulations to the Spartans on a great season and we are looking forward to hosting you guys this week. As a Germantown graduate I know I don't buy into the assumption that we have a better team just because we play in Middle Tennessee. Each year brings new players, new circumstances, etc.

As for the Bruin team, we have a solid defense that can bend at times but doesn't break often. Our offense is varied with multiple formations. Sometimes spread and sometimes option. We have a 1500 yd rusher but four others with over 200 yards. 8 guys have over 10 carries and 8 guys have five or more receptions.

How about you guys?

Looking forward to a good game Friday night and any school that has produced Bill Cook and Joe Jackson is good in my book.

We run a spread offense, are probably more run oriented....maybe 60/40. We benefit from speed, and also have a couple of rb's that have great cutting ability. Defensively, we sound similar to you....bend but don't break. We had some struggles finding ourselves for a while, but the defense has come along fine. We are an athletic bunch throughout, and our coaches do a fine job.

I have a hard time getting a feel for how good we are compared to middle Tn football. Over the past few years, we've put teams on the field that we felt had great chances to get into the championship game. We'd roll throough the local teams as you would expect a high caliber team to be capable of doing. Then in the semi-final, whether it be vs Ravenwood, Indy, Franklin, our area team suffers the loss. So the high powered local team wasn't able to measure up during the semi final game. Consequently, the feeling of being an underdog going into this game.

Hey Guys, how would Brentwood Bruins stack up against Brentwood Academy? Just asking. I saw White Station play one game this year and was impressed with a few players. The QB is under-rated and could play at a D1 school. The little running back they have is very fast. And the middle linebacker will come up and make a hit. White Station is not a bad team at all eventhough they lost to the two top private schools in Memphis this year they are solid.

Hows brentwoods stadium? Im looking forward to traveling there friday

First of all welcome to Williamson County, you'll find the Brentwood announcer to be "BRILLIANT" You'll see what I mean by this .haha

He needs to chill out, and they need to turn the volume down just a bit on their PA. It's as loud as LP field, and I can hear him a mile away, even though I don't want to.

Hows brentwoods stadium? Im looking forward to traveling there friday

First of all welcome to Williamson County, you'll find the Brentwood announcer to be "BRILLIANT" You'll see what I mean by this .haha

He needs to chill out, and they need to turn the volume down just a bit on their PA. It's as loud as LP field, and I can hear him a mile away, even though I don't want to.

That sounds pretty terrible...