Brentwood Bruins vs. White Station Spartans

lbhiii

ibhiii posted, ""It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt"

-----------------

Congrats on a good season. The quote is a good one. Now it would be nice, if your posts live of up to it.

From what I've seen so far from the Wilco. posts, most of you have NOT. :D

Congrats to White Station, and win it all. All of us in West TN are pulling for you. :lol:

I think most of the quotes regarding Arlington were good and correct. You did not come close to living up to your #1 seed. Your team got beat by a team that was lucky to get in the playoffs. Bitter much?

-------------------

We lost, so did you. The difference is no one from Memphis was talking about how superior our football was over Wilco. Seeing your superior arrogance getting beat was awesome! :D Bitter...we were 1-9 last year, 10-1 this year our 3rd in varsity football. We are very happy, just more knowing Wilco is not playing, just watching. :roflol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all welcome to Williamson County, you'll find the Brentwood announcer to be "BRILLIANT" You'll see what I mean by this .haha

He needs to chill out, and they need to turn the volume down just a bit on their PA. It's as loud as LP field, and I can hear him a mile away, even though I don't want to.

That sounds pretty terrible...

I was at the Franklin/Brentwood game (with no dog in the fight) and the people I was with commented on his "announcing" He was even screaming into the mike at the snap as Franklin was attempting a FG (a miss). He was trying to be the entertainment instead of letting the kids play.

ibhiii posted, ""It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt"

-----------------

Congrats on a good season. The quote is a good one. Now it would be nice, if your posts live of up to it.

From what I've seen so far from the Wilco. posts, most of you have NOT. :thumb:

Congrats to White Station, and win it all. All of us in West TN are pulling for you. :thumb:

I think most of the quotes regarding Arlington were good and correct. You did not come close to living up to your #1 seed. Your team got beat by a team that was lucky to get in the playoffs. Bitter much?

-------------------

We lost, so did you. The difference is no one from Memphis was talking about how superior our football was over Wilco. Seeing your superior arrogance getting beat was awesome! :bored: Bitter...we were 1-9 last year, 10-1 this year our 3rd in varsity football. We are very happy, just more knowing Wilco is not playing, just watching. :bored:

My last post of the year:

1. Glad to see the parent, dad, filmer, is doing well enough to post on the board.

2. Whites Creek beat Brentwood fair and square in a tough fought game. Good luck in the playoffs

3. Arlington got beat by the #8 seed on their home field in their 3rd year of competition. Maybe in their 4th, they can get beat by the #7 seed.

Go Bruins! Great year! I'm off to the wrestling board! :thumb:

Thanks for asking....I'm the bystander, actually I'm the team photog. I had a cast on my right calf area treating a tendonitis problem, so while it inhibits movement, it's not much of an issue. Last night it did impede my movement enough to keep me from getting clear of the action. The result is a broken tibia and fibula. So I missed the game, but will be getting it taken care of. It's in a temp splint/cast right now.

But from the texting and film I've seen, the Spartans did super! I'm proud of them!

WOW!

Spartansfan ... now that's taking one for the team!

Congrats White Station!

I am planning on being in attendence in Cookville. Go West Tennessee! Go Memphis City High Schools! Go District 16! Go White Station and beat Maryville!