Really DA? You played that one cheap.

baseballordie

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to ensure a dry field is in the best interests of both teams.....as a matter of fact, we tarped the field that week in order to attempt to keep it dry.....the helecopters that came in were local and used the time hovering over the field as training time...there was no cost to the school whatsoever.

However, the field was wet Friday evening, and the area in the end zone opposite from the score board was relatively dry.....my understanding is that the last rain there was Monday for about an hour.

If the field was indeed watered, it was coaches and adminsitrators making that decision. The players from both sides played an excellent game. USJ adjusted their game to the terrible field condition, and pulled out a victory.

Wonder if the wet conditions led to the ball being slippery and caused that last fumble?

Ok Really are we all still talking about how DA watered the field. I am still wondering why all of these people from the BIG schools come down to the small league as they say, then almost get bet, and make up stupid excuses. There is no way someone would ever water the field down before a game. I know that Coach Wade is a great christian man and would never try to cheat or take away from an exciting game. i think that the game on the 3rd will be good and i think that both teams have done well this year. Maybe you all should talk about that instead of how you almost got beat by a team that no one in the state thought would be in the game at all. USJ got the offense going at the right time and enough to get a win.

I guess the thing to do would be to water the field down, risking injury to the kids, so it could be completely torn up so it would cost thousands to fix the field the following year :roflolk: ....All this talk about USJ and their 99 yds of passing offense is silly. If we take a knee on their 15, when we were up by 4 points already with 2:00 left in the game...With USJ being completely out of timeouts..USJ would be at home right now. We fumbled...and we lost. But to say we cheated by watering the field when the refs didnt start the clock for 3 plays, is so ridiculous. Maybe we did the same thing for 3 out of the last 4 years when we won state championships :roflolk:

Maybe we did the same thing to Harding Academy and Marlon Brown in Murfreesboro last year :lol:

Is this beat up on Davidson month? I believe this post was made just to whine. You beat Davidson, so shut up and move on to Knox Webb. Davidson's field is known for being a little mushy. This issue has been brought up time after time. Knox Webb fans brought it up because they were sore losers, but your brining it up as a sore winner? How much sense does that make? So please stop talking about how the conditions were or about the helicopters flying over the field. SO SHUT UP AND JUST PLAY FOOTBALL!

www.tennessean.com/article/.../Septembe ... ss+to+gunk

this may or may not work because it is a link to The Tennessean's archives which I believe they empty out (seems like) every week. You can however still read that the article was titled "September Rains turn Grass to Gunk". many middle tennessee schools aren't even playing home playoff games on their own fields due to the damage created by rain. so please drop this issue, Davidson didn't wet the field no more than say Maplewood or Stratford tried to destroy theirs.