LA at pickett

showtimehoopstar

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be extremely close. LA girls are not that good, they lost a lot. PC girls are pretty good. The last time PC beat LA? Had to be the 80s at some time. Maybe before Rickman and LA merged.
So, you think L.A. is not very good? Just keep dreaming. Your dreams could turn into nightmares. This a good L.A. team that will get much better as the season progresses.

by not good,im pretty sure he means not as good as they have been in the past...

If thats what 7a meant, then why didn't they say it that way? Its not like you just blurt it out. A person has time to think about it before they hit enter. :roflol:

This will be extremely close. LA girls are not that good, they lost a lot. PC girls are pretty good. The last time PC beat LA? Had to be the 80s at some time. Maybe before Rickman and LA merged.
So, you think L.A. is not very good? Just keep dreaming. Your dreams could turn into nightmares. This a good L.A. team that will get much better as the season progresses.

by not good,im pretty sure he means not as good as they have been in the past...

That is exactly what I mean. I mean they are still LA. but they are a shadow of the team they have been.

They really aren't that good. They are just considered by many to be in the final four in AA. Really not that good.

In the final four? Did you hear this from someone from livingston or from some one who actually knows basketball? I know they are picked to win their district, but Upperman lost a lot and the rest of the district ain't that good. 7AA isn't as deep or as talented as 7A...it just simply isn't. 7A has a legit chance of four teams (Jackson Co, CR, CC, and PC) being in contention for state tournament. I don't think 7AA has that. I'm not saying PC would win 10 out of 10 times if they played that many times this year, but I think if they played 10 times, PC might win 5 out of 10 times. This year PC stacks up well against LA for the first time in years. I won't say PC will definitely win tonight, but I'm saying they should be favored by 5 or 6 points. PC is in the discussion for the top ten in the state and state tournament as well.

Papers, TSWA people, coaches around the state, etc. They may know basketball?

Papers tend to only know teams in their area. That's why I don't put much faith in the polls around the state. If you're talking about the Herald-Citizen or something, then I definitely won't put much faith in that. They only cover the upper-cumberland. LA won tonight, but I won't say that either team played very well. I've never seen a LA girls team shoot free throws so poorly. I mean they were simply awful. How much more rope is LA going to give their head coach? She's gonna be gone before long right? I mean they have gradually gotten worse every year she has been there.

Papers tend to only know teams in their area. That's why I don't put much faith in the polls around the state. If you're talking about the Herald-Citizen or something, then I definitely won't put much faith in that. They only cover the upper-cumberland. LA won tonight, but I won't say that either team played very well. I've never seen a LA girls team shoot free throws so poorly. I mean they were simply awful. How much more rope is LA going to give their head coach? She's gonna be gone before long right? I mean they have gradually gotten worse every year she has been there.

7a...LA beat the best team PC girls have had in a looong time at Pickett County. Not bad for a shadow of past LA teams. I do agree about the free throws, but had they made them it would have been a 20+ win. Which I expect them to make the next time and LA should win the next meeting by 20. As for the coaching comments, you are like someone who leaves more than four or more pegs on the game at the Cracker Barrell as you are just "plain ole ignoramoose". :roflol:

Before you go downing the papers, remember it was the "papers" the gave PC 3 All-State players last season. Be careful and don't bite the hand feeds you! :thumb:

They really aren't that good. They are just considered by many to be in the final four in AA. Really not that good.

In the final four? Did you hear this from someone from livingston or from some one who actually knows basketball? I know they are picked to win their district, but Upperman lost a lot and the rest of the district ain't that good. 7AA isn't as deep or as talented as 7A...it just simply isn't. 7A has a legit chance of four teams (Jackson Co, CR, CC, and PC) being in contention for state tournament. I don't think 7AA has that. I'm not saying PC would win 10 out of 10 times if they played that many times this year, but I think if they played 10 times, PC might win 5 out of 10 times. This year PC stacks up well against LA for the first time in years. I won't say PC will definitely win tonight, but I'm saying they should be favored by 5 or 6 points. PC is in the discussion for the top ten in the state and state tournament as well.

7A will get only 2 or should get 2 (JC and CR) into the state tourney even if all teams are ranked in the top 5. PC will fight for 3rd with Clay. You make sound as if LA isn't close to a top 10 team in AA. Also, I know Mac Sells, Shelby Taylor, Karissa Dyer, Kayla Biles, Jennifer Roberts, Emily Sissom, an although injured Kayci Ferris and a few others cant play with likes of the 3 G's of PC, but I'm hoping they can hold thir own. Last night must have been a fluke... :thumb: Just keep on flapping those fingers....you are making yourself smarter by the post.! :blush::blush::lol::roflol:

7a...Speaking of not havng faith in the papers. Who is putting PC in the discussion of top 10 or legit state tourney contender, you or *GASP* the papers? And I will assure you it will not be The Commercial Appeal, The Jackson Sun, or some other west tn paper. Go over to the 14A thread and see what they think of PC and especially what they thought of the papers when PC got 3 All-Staters.

This was actually one of the easiest wins for LA at Pickett Co. in the last few trips. That's not saying much for your team, is it? The next time you're at LA, take a look at the RECENT banners on the wall and the NEW hardware in the trophy case, and then tell us how bad our coach is and how weak the team has become. On second thought, maybe we should get rid of her and hire someone as brilliant as you to run the program. :roflol::thumb::blush: