Latest Bolus rankings

Indian

http://www.kyprephoops.com/0910/Oct09BolusTNGirls.html

Let the howling begin :roflol: This has to be tough to compile so I cut him a lot of slack. There are some names missing everyone who follows this board know of but as before I think that's probably him just not knowing of them more than any slighting of their ability. It was good to see Polk's Rogers on there, she's averaging 30 points so far. One thing I like is he doesn't seem to hesitate to put younger players high on the list, with Graves and Ballard in his top 12 as sophomores. Flowers, Cooper, Marjorie Butler are in his top 25.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sensitive at all. It's just the same old, every time. This should be for entertainment and info (height, school, position), there's no college coach who will say "this girl is 58th on Bolus, I'll take her above his 61st".

Who's missing in your view and about where should they be on it. I'll throw out one, Madison Lee from McMinn Central should be in the top 40 in my opinion. Am I going to cry about her absence, no.

Not sensitive at all. It's just the same old, every time. This should be for entertainment and info (height, school, position), there's no college coach who will say "this girl is 58th on Bolus, I'll take her above his 61st".

Who's missing in your view and about where should they be on it. I'll throw out one, Madison Lee from McMinn Central should be in the top 40 in my opinion. Am I going to cry about her absence, no.

You're right..I'm sure GC Pioneer would have Heather Butler above T.T.Flowers and I can see that with T.T. being a sophomore..Same with Huffy and others thinking Molly Wallsmith over T.T.I can see that also..But that's what it is..My opinion may not be the same as theirs..And evidently not the same as Rick Bolus..But in saying that..I would probably pick Butler over T.T. at this stage muself..But I've only seen Butler about 2 times and she was impressive..But even if both was voted over T.T..It wouldn't matter to me since T.T. is only a sophmore..All these girls are excellent players..Probably couldnt go wrong with any of them..Wallsmith is a better shootrer than T.T...But I'd take T.T. in every thing else..handling the ball..speed..defense..can make her own shot ..Like in an earlier poll..Butler is probably more polished..I believe it also says based on college potential..Not what they are doing now..He may think T.T. is pretty close to Butler now and in a couple years maybe has T.T. as a better player..Just my opinion.!

Lot of excellent players missing. My guess is if you're great, he's heard of you and ranks you. If you're very good and pay to go to his camp he'll rank you.

I think T.T.Flowers is a very good player..but evidently must be great..Because I'm pretty sure she's never been to his camp..probably hasn't even heard of him..And doubt she's played with anyone other than her Lake Co .teammates and her 4 Evergreen AAU team coached by Coach Lanier.!

Lot of excellent players missing. My guess is if you're great, he's heard of you and ranks you. If you're very good and pay to go to his camp he'll rank you.
i think it is probably coaches want to promote their programs by getting this info to these rankers and also parents trying to save theirself some money in the long run by passing along info none the less this day we need to do all we can to get these girls an education.so pass on all the info you can to whoever will post it.

Bingo!

Rick Bolus player rankings are based on college potential and are not meant to be an indicator for awards such as Miss Basketball. The rankings are based on Mr. Bolus' personal observations along with communications with the coaches. A player's college caliber could change over the season and players can move up or down in rankings over a period of time.

Ohh, I see how it works.. If your coach talks you up, you get ranked.. Got'cha!!