Latest Bolus rankings

Indian

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why there is not as much bashing of Hoopgurlz which ranks relatively few players and just lists the remaining girls alphabetically. At least this guy does make an attempt.

Put it in a post. Plenty will chop the Hoopgurlz list up into tiny bits and stomp on it with both high tops, boots or footwear of choice or just plain ole beat it with a big stick. We bashers of lists do love a good bash.

It's just in our nature to have an opinion that differs another. Call it bashing if you want. This is called a forum for a reason. A platform to discuss varying opinions on a topic.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncw/recruiti ... ull%26stat

Have at it. You have to change the year to get younger players. Haislip, Hawn, other Division I players are listed at "40" which is basically unranked. This is supposed to be the top women's basketball recruiting info out there.

It's not the difference of opinion, it's mocking someone's honest effort and for one person, it's repeatedly mocking an individual player.

The major difference between something like Hoopgurlz and Bolus is that Hoopgurlz is a nationwide ranking system, whereas Bolus is regional. I will say that if you attend major recruiting events (i.e. Deep South Classic, Boo Williams, AAU Super Showcase, USJN, ect.) the USA Trials, or Nike Skills Academies, you will see some people from Hoopgurlz covering the event. I have never seen Bolus at any of these, ever. Bolus ranks his players more on heresay than anything else (unless you pay to come to his camp, then he will see you). He does a much better job ranking the Kentucky players, because that is where he is from, and I am sure that he sees more of those players.

Trust me, Hoopgurlz is not the be-all-end-all either. Whether they will admit it or not, their affiliation with ESPN lends them to being somewhat influenced by some of the major political players of the shoe-sponsored teams in the country. However, I will say that they do at least get a firsthand look at the players that they rank, which definitely seperates them from someone like Bolus.

Rankings are always debateable, but that is what makes them fun. Regardless of who ranks who, the fact that these girls names are out there for college coaches to see is what really matters. Like someone said, no serious college coach is going to look at Bolus's rankings and go "you know what, the #10 girl on Bolus's list is unsigned, I am going to offer her a scholarship even though I haven't seen her play." College coaches are not dumb, and they, as well, know that these rankings are really only one thing----someone's opinion.

Alica Robinson...Knoxville Central....1500 point producer going in to her senior season.

Morgan Buda.....Cocke Co HS excellant PG.Altho not sure if she is wanting to play College Ball and might be going the Pre Med route.

Lauren Burnette....Heritage......Very nice outside shooter!....great range.

All have been approached but none have signed as of last week.If you need contact info give me a shout!

Morgan Shipley from Greeneville. Bigger guard than any of the above listed. Nice pull-up game with excellent 3 point range.

Erika Blizzard from Sullivan Central 5'11" guard that can play the 2-5 spots. Great defender, blocks alot of shots. Over 1000 points entering her senior year playing behind a Carson Newman signee.

You would win a lot of games with these five players on the same team! It's really surprising that they haven't already signed as they are all excellent players.

The Bolus rankings can be useful for coaches, recuiters, etc. I would imagine that all the girls listed are quality ball players. Putting a number or ranking on them can stir up a hornets nest. Players and parents especially (which probably account for most of the posters on this board) will never see it the same way. They may agree with Mr. Bolus if their daughter is a blue chipper and is high on the list. Personally, I'd rather read a report of the 'Top Performers' at an exposure tourney. But, I would like to see stats included. Compiling a list is a good thing, but ranking players turns bad, especially when it's such a small list and leaves out so many good players. Does this Bolus list include statistics? ppg, rpg, apg, etc.

Hoopgurlz does a much better job at ranking players because they actually watch players over an extended viewing period (or several) before grading the player against high-level competition. The "grades" (100-40) are given using specific criteria on how a player will impact different levels of programs--majors through JUCO. Hoopgurlz doesn't over use stats in their evaluations because stats are relative to the opposing talent. Hoopgurlz looks at the intangibles that college programs look for in a player. Just look at the Hoopgurlz rankings of signing seniors and you will see a high coorelation between high grades and major programs. Sure, they may sleep on a few players, but they rarely overrate players, which Bolus does. oh yeah, Hoopgurlz doesn't talk to high school coaches to find out what they think about their players!