Latest Bolus rankings

Indian

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never paid attention to these rankings especially after I saw them for the first time a couple of years ago. How do you have Butler in the "best of the rest" considering she's one of the top 3 PG's in the state and led her team to a 35-0 season last year. Also, Aubrey Reedy got no recognition in his list of players and she has signed a D1 scholarship. It's obvious that this guy has not seen all of these girls play and relies only off of hearsay. It'd be best for him to just quit doing these ridiculous rankings.

I've never paid attention to these rankings especially after I saw them for the first time a couple of years ago. How do you have Butler in the "best of the rest" considering she's one of the top 3 PG's in the state and led her team to a 35-0 season last year. Also, Aubrey Reedy got no recognition in his list of players and she has signed a D1 scholarship. It's obvious that this guy has not seen all of these girls play and relies only off of hearsay. It'd be best for him to just quit doing these ridiculous rankings.

Aubrey Reedy 5-10 Sr. CF Troy Obion County Central

On a positive note, I think it speaks well of the high level of girls basketball in the state of Tennessee that he has composed a list of this many girls. And that at least that number or even more have been left off the list. When you factor in the Freshmen that have yet to be recognized...things are looking good in Tennessee. :roflol:

And if this is based on college potential, then this is far from decent rankings. I remember back about 4 years ago, Mr. Bolus had Kaitlin Dudley ranked in the "best of the rest" or whatever he likes to call it. Dudley is now a 3 time All-American at Union University and is ranked pre-season all-american this year, has won her a national championship, started all 4 years at the most dominant NAIA school in the country over the past 4 years, and is now ranked as pre-season player of the year in the NAIA.

Lot of excellent players missing. My guess is if you're great, he's heard of you and ranks you. If you're very good and pay to go to his camp he'll rank you.

Seems like it

Alisha Dowling from Powell makes the top 25 but Jill Herman also from Powell who is committed to Youngstown State doesn't even show up? And No Taylor Mills?

Aubrey Reedy 5-10 Sr. CF Troy Obion County Central

LOL, and that goes to prove how much he knows. This is Aubrey's second season at GC this year.

Also, I saw Molly Heady last year in the state tournaments. She's better than the "best of the rest" as well, lol. Like I said, this ranking is pretty humorous.

If he's got her as being from Obion he probably had her ranked as a sophomore or freshman. I'd have thought you'd be impressed by that. If nobody specifically informed him of a school change how would it have been changed in his database.

I agree Heady appears to be low. Maybe he's not sure about her height or maybe summer coaches he gets some of his info from weren't sure.

Some of the rankings appear to be on summer play, I wonder how many players including Division I signees played on balanced teams and weren't able to stand out, or did not play on frequently "seen" summer teams.

The same post putting down a player from Northeast Tennessee, added twice, has now been removed twice. That won't be tolerated. Thanks.

I said in the first post players people on here are familiar with were missed. I'm not sure why there's such an uproar when they read it for themselves and see that it's true. The majority of the state's top players, recognized by fans and coaches including on this board, are on there.

I'm still waiting for someone to do their own lists, using their own info (not Bolus or Hoopgurlz rankings as starting points), talking to college or summer or high school coaches themselves, soliciting opinions and then ranking them. Not being smart on that, I'd like to see the results.

Indian, In no way am I upset with these rankings as I really know that Butler is definately in the top 12 in the state reguardless of what Bolus says, lol. I've had 2 different college coaches tell me that they believe Butler is one of the top 3 PG's in the state. I've heard her current high school coach say that she's the best guard that he's coached in his 35 years of coaching. Keep in mind that the current high school coach has coached some of the best teams and some of the best players to ever come out of West TN.

In no way am I going to attempt to do a top 100 list or whatever. I'm not that knowledgable about players across the whole state of TN as I realize that Bolus isn't either, so therefor I will not attempt a list as it very well could look as ludacris as this list! I haven't ever agreed completely with his list from top to bottom, but I have more than 1 reason why.

Some of the players were listed as "CG" which I'm guessing he means combination guard, but there were only 4 specific points listed above her group. Without looking back again, 2 are Division I signees, two are sophomores who should be really good if they aren't already. That's still good recognition.

I wonder why there is not as much bashing of Hoopgurlz which ranks relatively few players and just lists the remaining girls alphabetically. At least this guy does make an attempt.

Some of the players were listed as "CG" which I'm guessing he means combination guard, but there were only 4 specific points listed above her group. Without looking back again, 2 are Division I signees, two are sophomores who should be really good if they aren't already. That's still good recognition.

I wonder why there is not as much bashing of Hoopgurlz which ranks relatively few players and just lists the remaining girls alphabetically. At least this guy does make an attempt.

Indian, check out my private message I sent you. I sent that message at the same time you posted this.