ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

Good to hear from you Footballdad, we have missed talking to you. You are so right, Alcoa will get beat sometime or another. When that day comes, it won't be by Milan, it will be CAK or Loudon that has the honors. I think either team (CAK or Loudon) could beat Milan right now; both excellent programs.

Thanks for your compliments.

Both good teams but not quiet as good as Milan. Saw some tape of CAK, just another JCS. Play hard but wear down against physical teams for 4 quarters.

You may be correct that Milan is better than CAK and Loudon. We'll never know because neither will play Milan this year. All we really know is that Alcoa has 4 wins over excellent CAK and Loudon teams this year by a combined margin of 97-20.

Watching tape of a team can sometimes be deceiving. A lot of people who see Alcoa only on tape, rather than live, don't get an true impression of how physical a team Alcoa is. It's only after they line up against them for the first time that they find out (example, Elizabethton). Of course, Milan has lined up against Alcoa once and should have a better gauge for how to prepare this time.

Who was CAK playing in the tape you saw? If it was a CAK-Alcoa tape, you may have gotten the wrong impression of CAK's stamina. A CAK-Elizabethton or CAK-Loudon tape would more realistically measure CAK's strength against another good 3A team.

Funny you should mention JCS. Is that the 4-6 JCS team that Milan smashed 24-14 on August 21? After a quick scan of the results of JCS's games, I sincerely doubt JCS could have stayed with CAK this season.

After looking at Milan's results this year, it appears the Milan offense started the season a little slowly and picked up steam as the season progressed. Is that a fair assumption? I suspect Milan is much stronger offensively now than when they played JCS.

Should be an exciting game Friday. I'm looking forward to watching it.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at Milan's results this year, it appears the Milan offense started the season a little slowly and picked up steam as the season progressed. Is that a fair assumption? I suspect Milan is much stronger offensively now than when they played JCS.

Milan started the season missing (if I'm not mistaken) 6 starters. So yes, they started out slowly. Which explains the first three games being closer than people would think. After week 3, most of the starters were back on the field.

I have the utmost respect for the Milan program. I have personal friends that have played for the dawgs. Milan has proved that they are one of the top programs in west Tn. Having said that they will be facing the F5 on Friday and Milan has not played anyone close to Alcoa's level all year. Their schedule has been fools gold. That will be exposed come Friday night. :thumb:

It's over....I saw Gary Rankin in my pancakes this morning......

ALCOA wins....BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grpancakes.jpg

APB...Tha Pups whupped up some pancaiks ovur at tha trailur thiz mornin' and thay set my plate down......Eye wuz gonna look fer GQ inn mine, butt while'st we wuz sayin' grace mommaSTARS musta prayed fer anuthur heppin'....Caws when 'st eye opuned my I's my plate wuz kleener than tham Chikin' bones ewe and Bee Cee left up at tha Ridgewood Fridee.... :D

Good to hear from you Footballdad, we have missed talking to you. You are so right, Alcoa will get beat sometime or another. When that day comes, it won't be by Milan, it will be CAK or Loudon that has the honors. I think either team (CAK or Loudon) could beat Milan right now; both excellent programs.

Both good teams but not quiet as good as Milan. Saw some tape of CAK, just another JCS. Play hard but wear down against physical teams for 4 quarters.

You may be correct that Milan is better than CAK and Loudon. We'll never know because neither will play Milan this year. All we really know is that Alcoa has 4 wins over excellent CAK and Loudon teams this year by a combined margin of 97-20.

Watching tape of a team can sometimes be deceiving. A lot of people who see Alcoa only on tape, rather than live, don't get an true impression of how physical a team Alcoa is. It's only after they line up against them for the first time that they find out (example, Elizabethton). Of course, Milan has lined up against Alcoa once and should have a better gauge for how to prepare this time.

Who was CAK playing in the tape you saw? If it was a CAK-Alcoa tape, you may have gotten the wrong impression of CAK's stamina. A CAK-Elizabethton or CAK-Loudon tape would more realistically measure CAK's strength against another good 3A team.

Funny you should mention JCS. Is that the 4-6 JCS team that Milan smashed 24-14 on August 21? After a quick scan of the results of JCS's games, I sincerely doubt JCS could have stayed with CAK this season.

I don't recall who the opponent was, but IMO, CAK was a mirror image of JCS. Probably a little better, with a little more depth, but not that much. I think JCS had a hard time getting excited about playing D2 ball this year and I think their record reflected that.

Milan had a lot of pre-season injuries to some key players. Safety, both DT(one gone for the year), and 2 LB. Week 2 two we had 6 starters out with the QB being sick. Milan still got the W (at Huntingdon (rivalry game) and that says something for the depth this team has. Just got 2 players going both ways full time and that's Gilbert and Avery. I still haven't seen Avery wear down in a game.

Milan has gotten better as the season has progressed and I"m sure Alcoa has too.

Believe me, I've been keeping up with your Tornadoes. I had BC texting me each time Alcoa scored against Betsy. :D GVK & I were planning on coming to Cookeville and having some Bobby Q's with some of the Alcoa faithful, but that silly old round ball is getting in the way. So I'll be watching on tv I quess. I know your boys will be well represented. Several of our players traveled to E-town to watch that game and will be traveling to Cookeville as well. Not sure if they will have their blue & gold on, but they will be cheering for our district 4 comrades. Its been fun bantering back and forth with you Mom, as well as all the other Alcoa supporters. You have helped make another football season on CoachT informative & enjoyable. Have a safe trip and I'll catch you next year, same bat time, same bat channel. :lol:

War eagle reminds me of how Goodpasture was mouthing off a few yrs back when they walked into the championshiip game undefeated and saying how they were going to beat Alcoa , if memory serves me right they only scored 10 or 13 points on the freshmen late in the game and the final was 35 to 10 or 13 . I hope it's a good game and injury free but I don't see Milan staying with Alcoa with the running game we have . BTW how many top 10 teams in any classification did Milan play this year , especially in the 6A division ? Alcoa 35 Milan 7 maybe