ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

Congrats to Alcoa, your execution at all positions is better than Milan's. It was also refreshing to play a team that hits your hard AND clean (and that's a reflection of Coach Rankin). Milan plays that way and enjoys playing other teams that play that way. That is what high school sports should be.......win.....but do it right.

Milan, you guys were a special group that came up short again in the quest for Gold. However, you left it on the field and should have no regrets.

I am dissappointed in a couple of our fellow West Tn. neighbors getting on here wishing the worst for Milan. It's truly sad, but it's the world we live in today. Milan had many fans cheering Union CIty on to their 1st gold ball. There are many teams in West TN. I don't like, but you can bet I will be cheering them on to win the gold ball if my team can't.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was not dominated by either team whatsoever. Milan did turn the ball over 4 times, and against a team like Alcoa you have to play a perfect game. I do believe if 3 of those turnovers never happened things could've went a little different than they did. However, as I said in a previous post, coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't get you anywhere. I will say that Milan held their own against the mighty F5 today and I'm very impressed. And as stated before, congratulations to Alcoa on the win today. Hopefully these 2 teams can play for a 3rd straight year in 2010 :mellow:

I don't think BigDaddy is from Alcoa. Someone said that they weren't impressed with our o-line. Apparently you didn't see all the holes they were opening up for Toney. You also don't realize that without our o-line we don't get 3 td's. Our defense was awesome last night, but without our o-line we don't win the game. This year's team was just that: a team. Toney may have gotten a lot of attention, but he's the first to point to the o-line.

Milan's d was pretty good. Now that we've actually seen Milan in person, I'd say CAK-Milan or Loudon-Milan would be 2 really good games. It would be interesting to see who would come up on top of those games. Loudon was able to put 3 points on our 1st string, and during our last game CAK was actually beating us at 2 points in the game (7-0 after the 1st play of the game, then 10-7 before we pulled away). Maybe Milan should've taken that field goal instead of going for the td. Oh well...watcha gonna do?

Again, was disappointed that so many Milan fans left in the 3rd quarter. Come on, this is the state championship game! Anything could've happened when the score was 14-0. One td and Milan was back in it with a blocked punt or a fumble recovery. Very disappointing.

Congrats to Alcoa for an undefeated season and a 6th straight title! Can't wait to see them back in C'ville next year!

Hey, huf: Last night Alcoa did what Alcoa's done every game...run the ball. No razzle dazzle plays like years past, just get the ball and ram it down the opponent's throat. The game was just what Alcoa fans expected. Milan does have a good defense...was it the best we've seen this year? I'd say it's close, just wouldn't go out on a limb and say it was the best.

Look, I know I came off pretty bad last night, but I still say it was not dominant. Also, they way you guys talked about your O line, I was expecting Toney to be able to dial his yards. That did not happen. I saw plenty of 0, 1, and 2 yard runs last night by Alcoa because of the lack of a hole. For about the 5th time, I agree that you guys were and are the better team, but to say that was a dominating performance, that is misleading.

This was Huffy's post after Milan's win against Mighty York....
I'm sorry. I also called a bounce pass on a wide receiver screen as a trick play when the officials let it go. By the way, it is easy to pass the ball from 20 to 20 if you are a good team. You guys are and you did. However, it is another to do it the redzone, and you guys could not and did not. Lots of great excuses though. "We did not execute." "If it weren't for those pesky turnovers." Our Defense had nothing to do with it. We are just a bunch of scrubs that got lucky I guess. Well we are still undefeated and playing for the championship. Yes you got dominated in the 2nd half. I call getting outscored 29-0 a total domination. Deal with it and move on. It is basketball season for you now.

Heh.....Sound familiar? KARMA.

Good game Milan.

EVERY championship team needs breaks here and there. We got them this year.....again.

If you would read my posts, I gave you guys credit for the turnovers. I don't think I said anything other than that. Again, I am sure I went a little overboard last night. A combination of exhaustion, and a couple of people talking like we don't belong on the same field as you guys. I don't believe any defense held you guys as low as we did in yards, 1st downs, and forcing you to punt. I would like our chances against anyone in class 1-5 except for Alcoa obviously.

This was Huffy's post after Milan's win against Mighty York....
I'm sorry. I also called a bounce pass on a wide receiver screen as a trick play when the officials let it go. By the way, it is easy to pass the ball from 20 to 20 if you are a good team. You guys are and you did. However, it is another to do it the redzone, and you guys could not and did not. Lots of great excuses though. "We did not execute." "If it weren't for those pesky turnovers." Our Defense had nothing to do with it. We are just a bunch of scrubs that got lucky I guess. Well we are still undefeated and playing for the championship. Yes you got dominated in the 2nd half. I call getting outscored 29-0 a total domination. Deal with it and move on. It is basketball season for you now.

Heh.....Sound familiar? KARMA.

Good game Milan.

EVERY championship team needs breaks here and there. We got them this year.....again.

Thanks APB and congrats as well....Huffy used the same excuses we read last week that he accused the York fans of. Now its ok to use them....Bahahahaha. Dont work that way.

For the record BulldawgGirl03 and Huffy...MY team is Livingston Academy (my location says HOG-EYE COUNTRY). We havent been there in a while but we have had a Gold Ball since you have had your last, so I have seen a little playoff football, especially middle and east tn football.. I also just happened to root for my fellow district team YORK. I did make the argument that the numbers dont lie, Yorks offense was right there with Milans. But noooo that wasnt good enough, it was all bout that defense, right? Not good enough last week, well then it isnt good enough this week. Alcoa dominated this game, never in question except to those with blinders on.

How do i give Alcoa a bad name....Because they beat you? :mellow: I had the right to cheer for Alcoa....maybe would have cheered more for Milan had it not been for your CLASSY posts last week. Deal with the L and move on with me. :thumb:

Congrats to Alcoa for a dominant win. Very good line play won this game. They knew what Alcoa was gonna do, stacked the box and still pounded the rock.

Milan...congrats on the silver. good team.

Now please stop with the turnover business...That didnt fly with last week vs. York. yall kept saying "we adjusted and please give our defense its props." Well just give Alcoa their props. One long pass play in the first quarter and the drive to begin the 2nd half was all Milan could muster.

This game was not dominated by either team whatsoever. Milan did turn the ball over 4 times, and against a team like Alcoa you have to play a perfect game. I do believe if 3 of those turnovers never happened things could've went a little different than they did. However, as I said in a previous post, coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't get you anywhere. I will say that Milan held their own against the mighty F5 today and I'm very impressed. And as stated before, congratulations to Alcoa on the win today. Hopefully these 2 teams can play for a 3rd straight year in 2010 :mellow:

No doubt Milan is good and deserved to be there...but like P&G said Alcoa was never threatened. I bet the Alcoa folks dont think they played the perfect game either. The one score on the short drive was really a direct result of a good drive that ended in a fumble and the D got back with an int. So really thats a moot point. Take care of the ball and no short drives for TDs. Give the better defense their due. They helped cause the turnovers.

Oh I definitely give the Alcoa D credit, because they do deserve it. When turnovers happen it's usually because the defense caused them. And of the 4 turnovers, Alcoa created 3 of these and turned each turnover into a score. So there's definitely no reason to not give credit to Alcoa's D. They just came out and made the right plays at the right time...

MilanDog9...good poster, informative and to the point. Milan has a great football team. Congratulations to the Bulldogs!

I am just giving a couple posters a dose of their own medicine.

GO LA!

WHatever dude. You win. York should have played Alcoa. Milan was so lucky to get into the playoffs. Maybe our luck has run out. You know with a Defense that is obviously sub stanadard and an offense that could not compete in your district, I guess we may have to wait a few years for another playoff appearance. Livingston would have given them a better game too. I guess Milan is not so good after all. You are right, and we are just bad people for thinking that we are a better team than York or anyone else from around here. Thanks, I have learned my lesson oh wise one.

Now, to the Alcoa fans. I really don't know how much clearer I can say this. You guys are the best team in our class, and you are at least the 2nd best team in the entire state. I never said the turnovers were not because of your Defense. Heck, I never used the turnovers as a crutch. I even said that your Defense was extremely impressive. The only thing I said that was close to a negative was that I was not impressed by your O-line. It is not that they were not good, but they were built up so much that I was expecting it to be more. It's kind of like when everyone talks up a movie so much. It almost never lives up to the hype that it ends up getting.

Huffy are you getting upset with me...I thought we were making progress :mellow: . Look buddy, no one said York was the better team, i didnt say LA would beat them either (just letting you know where i was from). You are the one who acted as if York didnt belong on the same field with Milan. You are the one who said the numbers didnt matter. No doubt the better team won that game and yesterdays game.

Milan had a good football team no doubt. I am sure they will be back.

Congrats to my Tornadoes........

Gotta give props to my boy fullback tyson for playing on that sprained ankle...

He took some hits last night because of it..

But he continued to throw his body at defenders....

Alcoa will be fine next year look for....

Lajuan Warfield db/wr, Ezekial Koko rb, Dalton Wheeler wr/db,

Brooks Cunningham db, Jarod Crenshaw lb, Zach Chapman lb,

Jordan Patrick lb, Colby Tate ol/dl, Jonivan Henry de,

Caleb Mangum ol, ................................

I believe Austin East and CAK will be our competition in the east.....

Alcoa football is a way of life and don't forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huffy are you getting upset with me...I thought we were making progress :mellow: . Look buddy, no one said York was the better team, i didnt say LA would beat them either (just letting you know where i was from). You are the one who acted as if York didnt belong on the same field with Milan. You are the one who said the numbers didnt matter. No doubt the better team won that game and yesterdays game.

Milan had a good football team no doubt. I am sure they will be back.

You are right for once. We will be back. I did not act like York did not belong. Before the game, I gave my prediction. I said we would win by 5 or so TD's. We won by 4. After the game, I gave my opinion. York played an excellent 1st half. We made adjustments. We got some turnovers. We won. Then York started making excuses for the loss. If this or that had not of happened. Guess what? It did happen, and it happened because of Milan's D. So I got a bit upset because of the insanity of it all. Now you are throwing it in my face like I did the same thing. I did no such thing. I never blamed our loss to Alcoa on anything other than Alcoa's great Defense. All I said, was we outgained them, had more 1st downs, and probably caused them to punt more than they had all year. Our D did a great job. I think the numbers might indicate that we did a better job than anyone else did. I have not checked so I am not stating that as a fact. Anyway, because I said they did not dominate, you feel as though I am making excuses. I am not. If we did not turn the ball over, we still would have lost. Again, you are just a jerk looking for a fight, and apparently you have made me just upset enough to give you one, and that is my fault. I shouldn't have allowed someone like you to drag me in, but I did.

Sorry that I aided in this thread getting hi-jacked.