1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

Well....here we go again....The pirates are use to this position and know how to finish out the season...I went on UC vs. WC thread to say good job to UC but they were getting trashed by every team so I decided not to post in that thread....Anyways...SP plays good against the veer....Jasper ran it first game of the season and we pretty much shut it down...hope you guys have a passing game because you will not just straight up run it down our throats....anyways...congrats to SP and UC for making it to the big dance......Ball control vs. Spread.....should be interesting :thumb:

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SP wins. :thumb:

I think so and hope so. However, they have gotten smacked in the mouth a couple of times this year and your guys are playing one of them in Cookeville! And regardless of what PowerP said, Polk County ran the ball down our throats in the first half and man handled us. I suggest the Pirates not take Onion City lightly and get ready for a football game!

I do think that UC will give S. Pitt all they want and then some. I am pulling for the W. TN team, so I hope the Tornadoes can pull this one out. But....I dont see it happening. Sorry UC fans. I hope UC wins, but I just cant see them beating South Pitt.

It would be a feat of epic proportions.

SP wins. :lol:

I think so and hope so. However, they have gotten smacked in the mouth a couple of times this year and your guys are playing one of them in Cookeville! And regardless of what PowerP said, Polk County ran the ball down our throats in the first half and man handled us. I suggest the Pirates not take Onion City lightly and get ready for a football game!

Your right the first half they did run it down our throats...Polk in the second half when adjustments came along they got nothing so remember that as well :lol: SP will win this game...I am not going to give a prediction yet....but they will take care of business....shoot...We might even ask our neighbors to the north to come run the veer in practice since that is their main offense.....Rivals helping each other out..I like it :lol: But seriously...UC will have to have a passing game to contend....Do they have a good throwing QB??

We are not big, and we are definitely not fast! We just play hard until the whistle is blown. SP will come in as the huge favorite and rightfully so, such tradition speaks for itself. UC will have to play flawless to win but nothing is impossible in big games. Congrats to both teams for making it this far and only the players can play the game on Friday. In the end, it will come down to who wants it more. :lol:

UC cannot throw the ball...at all. If they start throwing the ball, then South Pitt will win big. But, UC does run the veer very well. They are fairly big...big backs as well, except Worley. But, Nicks is a handful...big back with good speed and hard to bring down.

UC has pretty good speed. But, they are known for being very physical.