1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

I'm just waiting on the ever persistent Greenfieldfan to get on here and jump on the South Pittsburg bandwagon with both feet....

Hey Purple,

This thread really doesnt interest me, but since you want my opinion. Its nice of you to include me, thanks.

A team as one dimensional as Union City, it is hard to win a state championship.

South Pittsburg 35-21.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool..... Have you seen the Pirates play??

I haven't seen the Pirates play, but I'm sure they're pretty good since it's the championship game. However, UC is a well coached, hard nosed football team. Plus my team is in the DII game from West Tennessee and I'm pullin' for all West TN teams. No offense.

None taken...just askin'. You watching the game Friday? UC is a quality team. It will be a very good football game

No- I'm afraid I won't make the game, but will try to catch it on TV if possible. From what I read, ya'll have a great tradition and I'd like to see a few SP guys go to Tennessee, but on Friday, hope my old team the Tornadoes pull it out. Best of luck to you both and hope for no injuries.

One more thing and I think I will let it rest...just want to share one more thing with UC fans...it's a post from the SP VS Grace thread after we beat them down....

From zigzag:

Ok, I thought all of the SP people on here were just blowing smoke. You weren't. Your team was at a different level athletically. You are legit! Grace could not move the ball at all after their first drive. SP just ran all over the place. #11 looked like Mccluster against UT a couple of weeks ago, your QB is for real and you D was a solid wall tonight. Best of luck to you all in the Championship game next Friday.

How hard is it to realized that South Pittsburg is playing Union City, not Union. Union is a college in Jackson, TN...Union City is a town with a football team playing Friday. I understand that it's South Pittsburg and not South Pittsburgh. And for goodness sake, it's in the title of the thread! It's just hard for me to take some of these comments seriously when the person posting can't even get the team names right with it in big letters above. I know this has nothing to do with who's going to win or whom is a better team, but at least get the team names right. They're the best two teams in their division, I think they deserve the respect of spelling their respective school correctly. Just a thought. :roflol:

>>Bud light presents Real American Heroes

(Real American Heroes....)

>>Today we salute you Mr. Correct the Names on a Message Board Guy

(Mr. Correct the Names on a Message Board Guy....)

While others are wasting time posting facts about high school football you come out to do the dirty work.

(No rest for you now....)

Even though you are doing the posters a favor, you still catch flack for catching every mistake.

(Was that a mistake that was just made?....)

So crack open an ice cold bud light Mr. Correct the Names on a Message Board Guy, because there is only one thing I know for certain in this world, and that is where would we all be without you?

(Mr. Correct the Names on a Message Board Guy.......)

Zone...I got to tell ya...that is classic

I've seen Union City play. They will win this game and will not be denied. Jackson and all of West Tennessee backs the Tornadoes.

You UC people are going to be shell shocked come about 12:30 Friday....By that time I fully expect the game to be out of reach.....You guys do not play the brand of ball we play and have not seen athletes like we are fixing to throw at you....The more I talk to people who know alot about this game the more I am convinced we will win....Now...by how much is the question....Our seniors will not be denied...I am sure UC will put up a good effort but that is just it.....Here is how I think the game will go....UC will score on their first two drives and eat up the first quarter clock...SP will also score twice in the first quarter....after that SP shuts down the big boys from UC and rolls in this game....I am going to go ahead and give my prediction....

South Pittsburg Champions- 48

Union City- 21

This working stiff in Chattanooga is not going to be able to go to Cookville to pull the Pirates through on Friday. I will only have access to the internet. Can I go to the City of S. Pittsburg website and catch the game on the radio station that plays continuously an the home page? Two years ago I went to the site and watched the players walk down the street when they returned home from winning the gold ball.