1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

All the joking and trash talking aside I truly wish everyone the best tommorow . let there be a compleyely injury free game for all involved and a safe trip to and from C-Vegas. Its good to make new aquaintances powerp pegleg bigpapa and others Ive enjoyed our banter. All thats left is the ( This lil ryhme is done to the Garth Brooks Tune The Rodeo)

It's the blocks and blood

It's the turf and mud

it's the roar of the 1A crowd

It's the gold in the rings

The crowning of the Kings

Laying it out on every down

it's the punts and sacks

And well known fact

The Tornadoes are gonna go

Touch down after touch down

IN THIS THANG THEY CALL THE CLINIC BOWL! ;):blink::thumb:;)

Same to you BigSWO, I've enjoyed meeting you online and if I got carried away in some of my post I apologize ( and I did) anyway best of luck to you and your son...you sound like a good family man that would defend yours against all others. We are not bad people either, just so proud we make fools of ourselves.Have a safe trip

Go Pirates

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ladies and gentlemen we are hours away for s.p bringing home another champions ship, i do want to contgrad u.c. on being here, but its just not your time, and more than likely it never will be your time for a championsship. i know you all think you have a chance, i guess you an live in a dream world for a bit. after about 12:45 the games going to be over in s.p. favor. i know you dont want to hear it but a fact is a fact is a fact. i have never missed quoted a game i know s.p. will win. just as they will tomorow and big also.

im sorry it hurts u.c. feelings but that is how its going to be. your offense is nothing special at all , s.p. has seen it many times and will defend it easily., now our offense is special ,and guess what. u.c can not , yes i will say that again can not stop it. oh yes please pass on us if you dare, you can become the second comng of mckenzie. you guess in the west well to put it simpile do not have the speed or skill to take on the guys from the east. you never had it nor will you any time soon.i said before i watch films on teams all the time, i have seen u.c. and to be honest you do not impress at all. in all honesty you dont have maybe two players that could start for s.p. now that is bad guys really bad, go ahead and tear me up tonight on this post, but tomorrow after 3pm i promise you i want see a one of you on here whinng and crying or even going the extra step and givine condgrad to the better team. mark my words. the pirate clause will be in effect tomorrow. im sorry to hurt your feelings, truly am but most of you know as well as i do you dont have a snowball chance in hades.

Old Pirate went to the Cracker Barrell and some folkes a few tables down were jest ranting. Dad burnit, OP thought theys done and found something in the food. Needless to say OP was very wary and looking a powerful hard at his viddles. After OP was a tad hesitant, the waiter came over and asked if everything was alright. Well, OP still looking at his plate jest shrugged and quitely ask if theys something wrong with the viddles cause them folkes a back yonder is a ranting some awlful. Well, let's OP tell you fellers about this. She's continues to tell OP them folkes a came thru the door a ranting and she's asked them the same question shes asked OP. She asks, "Is everything alright" Come to finds out them folkes were at the court house earlier and that bus load of SP studs come thru Jasvegas with horns and lights a flashing. The skillet slinger then looks at her skillet head and whacks him. Recon from what that waitress is a saying she was mad cause the skillet head told his skillet slinger he was a stud or was once. The skillet slinger hits him again and says.........yous know ALL the studs are in or come from SP...................... :thumb:

"SOME FOLKES IS A THINKING....WHAT COULD'VE BEEN........."

Old Pirate: maybe that parade by the Pirates thru downtown Jasper will wake them up and they will give us some competition. Also maybe some of these parents that jerk their players out of South Pittsburg to play for other schools will see what they are doing to their kids. I'd rather play sometimes and have 2 state championship rings than to go somewhere with less quality athletes so my child could start.

How about it?

Go Pirates!!

Well it's definately been a fun week going back and forth with all the supporters from Union City. Nothing much left now except for the game to be played on the field. Pretty sure I won't get much sleep tonight thinking about leaving in the morning. With that being said, prediction is as follows:

Pirates 48

Wind Advisories 15

Best of luck to both teams and prayers for an injury free game!!

Go Big Orange!!!

well ladies and gentlemen we are hours away for s.p bringing home another champions ship, i do want to contgrad u.c. on being here, but its just not your time, and more than likely it never will be your time for a championsship. i know you all think you have a chance, i guess you an live in a dream world for a bit. after about 12:45 the games going to be over in s.p. favor. i know you dont want to hear it but a fact is a fact is a fact. i have never missed quoted a game i know s.p. will win. just as they will tomorow and big also.

im sorry it hurts u.c. feelings but that is how its going to be. your offense is nothing special at all , s.p. has seen it many times and will defend it easily., now our offense is special ,and guess what. u.c can not , yes i will say that again can not stop it. oh yes please pass on us if you dare, you can become the second comng of mckenzie. you guess in the west well to put it simpile do not have the speed or skill to take on the guys from the east. you never had it nor will you any time soon.i said before i watch films on teams all the time, i have seen u.c. and to be honest you do not impress at all. in all honesty you dont have maybe two players that could start for s.p. now that is bad guys really bad, go ahead and tear me up tonight on this post, but tomorrow after 3pm i promise you i want see a one of you on here whinng and crying or even going the extra step and givine condgrad to the better team. mark my words. the pirate clause will be in effect tomorrow. im sorry to hurt your feelings, truly am but most of you know as well as i do you dont have a snowball chance in hades.

Man, we really appreciate the respect "thepushercg"!! You said you have seen Union City, what game did you see....us scimage Wayne County this past summer at camp?

It is really great to have the high praise you do for the Pirate team but I promise you this , I will walk on the field after the game and meet you at the 50 to here you say, man, your team isn't bad at all.

You sound like that South Pitt could beat the Tennessee Titans......well, you will play the Union City "Titans" Golden Tornadoes at 12 noon Friday. I bet your a Colts fan to. Well, I promise you one thing....your little ole single a Pirates will know they were in a football game after you play Union City. We will play rough, tough, hit you when your not looking, play fair, smash mouth , down your throat football.

So, come 12 noon Friday.....oh....listen, ...shhhhhhhh......my weather radio just went off......

The National Weather Service in Nashiville has just issued a "Tornado Warning" for the Cookeville Tennessee area aimed at the South Pittsburg Team. Repeat, a 'Tornado Warning" has been issued for Cookeville Tennessee area around Tennessee Tech headed straight towards the South Pittsburg Team.

Union City will have a great fan base at this game, even local football teams that we have played are loading on buses Friday morning at 5:30 to support UNion City and see them come up and make believers out of not only you, but the media and all of eastern Tennessee.

Our team does believe, we are on a MISSION and South Pitt is the moon and we are NASA.

Union City will play you as tough as anyone you have played all season and will be well coached. Just ask everyone we have played.

Good Luck Union City, your season ends on Friday and WILL end on a high note!

Man, we really appreciate the respect "thepushercg"!! You said you have seen Union City, what game did you see....us scimage Wayne County this past summer at camp?

It is really great to have the high praise you do for the Pirate team but I promise you this , I will walk on the field after the game and meet you at the 50 to here you say, man, your team isn't bad at all.

You sound like that South Pitt could beat the Tennessee Titans......well, you will play the Union City "Titans" Golden Tornadoes at 12 noon Friday. I bet your a Colts fan to. Well, I promise you one thing....your little ole single a Pirates will know they were in a football game after you play Union City. We will play rough, tough, hit you when your not looking, play fair, smash mouth , down your throat football.

So, come 12 noon Friday.....oh....listen, ...shhhhhhhh......my weather radio just went off......

The National Weather Service in Nashiville has just issued a "Tornado Warning" for the Cookeville Tennessee area aimed at the South Pittsburg Team. Repeat, a 'Tornado Warning" has been issued for Cookeville Tennessee area around Tennessee Tech headed straight towards the South Pittsburg Team.

Union City will have a great fan base at this game, even local football teams that we have played are loading on buses Friday morning at 5:30 to support UNion City and see them come up and make believers out of not only you, but the media and all of eastern Tennessee.

Our team does believe, we are on a MISSION and South Pitt is the moon and we are NASA.

Union City will play you as tough as anyone you have played all season and will be well coached. Just ask everyone we have played.

Good Luck Union City, your season ends on Friday and WILL end on a high note!

The tornado warning will be nothing more than a funnel cloud because there will be no chance of a touchdown inside the stadium :thumb:

My take on this game is that SP will get another gold ball. If and I say IF Union City runs the veer well then they can move the ball on the pirates. SP has an overly agressive defense and with the right reads the veer offense is the perfect offense against this type of team. In order for union city to have a chance they will have to rely on SP turning the ball over and will have to play nearly perfect. No one in single A can match the athletes of a South Pitt. They have the athlete facilities that can match many many big city areas :thumb: Sp by four touchdowns. For some reason I think that union city will keep it close for a while, but some turnovers will start the landslide ;)

My take on this game is that SP will get another gold ball. If and I say IF Union City runs the veer well then they can move the ball on the pirates. SP has an overly agressive defense and with the right reads the veer offense is the perfect offense against this type of team. In order for union city to have a chance they will have to rely on SP turning the ball over and will have to play nearly perfect. No one in single A can match the athletes of a South Pitt. They have the athlete facilities that can match many many big city areas ;) Sp by four touchdowns. For some reason I think that union city will keep it close for a while, but some turnovers will start the landslide :thumb:

From an inside source in that area....they may not "Recruit" but they do something. Anyone who knows anything about H S football will say that if a Single A team is that good with that little of a school....something fishy is going on here.

Union City....WILL PROVE that they can give the little old pirates all they want come noon Friday...just watch my friend.

And if your that good...why don' t you play up a class or two like Trousdale County did for a couple of years....couldn't hang I imagine!! That was proven this year!

My take on this game is that SP will get another gold ball. If and I say IF Union City runs the veer well then they can move the ball on the pirates. SP has an overly agressive defense and with the right reads the veer offense is the perfect offense against this type of team. In order for union city to have a chance they will have to rely on SP turning the ball over and will have to play nearly perfect. No one in single A can match the athletes of a South Pitt. They have the athlete facilities that can match many many big city areas ;) Sp by four touchdowns. For some reason I think that union city will keep it close for a while, but some turnovers will start the landslide :thumb:

From an inside source in that area....they may not "Recruit" but they do something. Anyone who knows anything about H S football will say that if a Single A team is that good with that little of a school....something fishy is going on here.

Union City....WILL PROVE that they can give the little old pirates all they want come noon Friday...just watch my friend.

And if your that good...why don' t you play up a class or two like Trousdale County did for a couple of years....couldn't hang I imagine!! That was proven this year!

I'm not takin' sides or trying to PO anyone but ucdiditagain, try not to PO the Pirates. Aaaaaah what the heck, it wouldn't be a championship game without some trash talk.

To Tell you all my opinion I think UC deserves this win, because SP has won like 4 state championships and UC has won none, but has got really close.......History is definatly not on Union City's side, anyways I think they deserve this title, because they have been through alot of difficult and hard times this season. Good Luck to everyone and I'll see you in Cookeville.