1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

well first of all spitt has lost to 2 single A team's since November.. well one was in november 2006 Gordonsville came in here after we all myself included talking about how bad we could and was going to beat them.. They took us to the ol woodshed.. and then shut us down..... PERIOD! i dont underestemate UC at all.. my opinion is yea your decent size but so are we your no polk county by no mean's... the difference is T Rob and a number of fast back's that will run right over you..I have seen some posting of UC's fan's say themselves there not very fast.. well I assure you if you do not have speed you will loose... ill take speed anytime over size but when you have both its a double threat...yes when we got beat they had size and speed... Boyd played us without T Rob now your talking about a qb that has thrown for 1,650 yards and rushed for 1,400 and 53 TD's they beat us by 6 or 8 i dont remember right now...in my opinion and its just that we could stripe them with T Rob.. Now Polk came out and we were not ready for that. we were flat. they scored 27 point's on us the first 2 qtr's... when the 3rd started we shut them down..... we score 28 point's faster that they scored the 27.. point is we got in a whole we couldnt get out of and you cant do that with a good team like polk.. could we have won YES.. but we didnt.. S pitt by 1..... but if we stop you it can get ugly.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peg and pirate2003, I hate to say it, but I can promise you that Robinson isn't the player of Washington. One of you made a comment about TCA not looking like a very good or strong team, however that team this year relied ALOT on Jabriel Washington because that's practically all they had. Jabriel is being recruited as an Athlete according to his rivals page. He'll probably wind up as a WR or DB. His offers alone tell you and me who is the better player. I mean Jabriel has 15-20 MAJOR D1 scholarships hanging in the air. According to Robinson's rivals page, he had 6 schools that showed INTEREST. None offered him a scholarship. That might explain why he winded up at UTC. There's no doubt in my mind that Jabriel is most likely the best overall Single A football player in all of Tennessee. Unfortunately, his team this year wasn't the greatest.

UC obviously had problems with Jabriel in that game against TCA. That's why I stated earlier in this thread that I think it's going to be very tough for UC to contain Terrell. If UC can keep them from turning the corners, they should be ok. :blink:

From what I have been told, Jabriel could not hold Terrell's jockstrap. Terrell is a stud on both sides of the ball. Jabriel may be the real deal, but I can guarantee if you saw Terrell play, you would not be doubting his ability....just ask all the teams we have played this year. UC will have trouble with Terrell...mark that down. No one we have played has shut him down....not even Polk County. Ask the Boyd fans if they would want to play us again with a healthy Terrell Robinson. My point is, many players are overlooked in 1A football. Terrell is not blinding fast, but has good speed, a great arm, and is a great leader on the field.

Man lay off the Pirate Kool-Aid.

Terrell is an outstanding player no doubt....but to say this "Jabriel could not hold Terrell's jockstrap" is totally absurd.

Terrell is going to UTC and does not have any other major offers listed on his rivals page.

Jabriel is only a JR. and has OFFERS from many of the major programs in the nation -- including LSU, Notre Dame, Cal, Florida State, Georgia, Nebraska, Tennessee and others. National recruiting analysts have considered him one of the top all-around skill position players in the Class of 2011.

I'm beginning to think it wouldn't matter what you put out there...A QB being offered major college scholarships, a national award winning field, facilities as good as any around and better than some small colleges or whatever, SPitt would have something or someone better....

what is the best drive to cookville through manchester or dunlap and sparta

I prefer dunlap but one of our fans that makes that drive to Tech each week could give us the best answer.

How about it powerp?

go thru dunlap take 111 go left go thru sparta and then into cookeville its faster and no freeway mess

being might generous to u.c. there giving them 10. the most they will get is 6 and have a better chance hitting the lottery. now for s.p. it just up to there attititude on how much they want to score. it could go 35 more than likely higher 40s. speed kills, allways has allways will, no sub for speed. s.p. has it , u.c. does not. all u.c has is a bunch of guys that stare a lot. that is just plain scary.

So basically all of the d-1 coaches and recruitersknow less about football talent than the sp fan base? And jabriel has received letters and interest from texas and florida in addition to the OFFERS he has from 20 major college programs. He was an under armor all american for his class last year but I guess that means nothing. Terrel robinson is obviously a great player with an incredible supporting class. Jabriel is not being recruited as a qb but as a receiver and db or as a wildcat formation player. Jabriel is one of the fastest players in tennessee and certainly the cream of the crop in 1a. But who really cares, its not like those SEC coaches can recognize talent right? As for the statement about jabriel not being able to hold mr. Robinson's jock strap, that's the greatest display of pompous ignorance I've seen in my life.

being might generous to u.c. there giving them 10. the most they will get is 6 and have a better chance hitting the lottery. now for s.p. it just up to there attititude on how much they want to score. it could go 35 more than likely higher 40s. speed kills, allways has allways will, no sub for speed. s.p. has it , u.c. does not. all u.c has is a bunch of guys that stare a lot. that is just plain scary.

Well since they said they have a good field goal kicker is why I gave them 10.

So basically all of the d-1 coaches and recruitersknow less about football talent than the sp fan base? And jabriel has received letters and interest from texas and florida in addition to the OFFERS he has from 20 major college programs. He was an under armor all american for his class last year but I guess that means nothing. Terrel robinson is obviously a great player with an incredible supporting class. Jabriel is not being recruited as a qb but as a receiver and db or as a wildcat formation player. Jabriel is one of the fastest players in tennessee and certainly the cream of the crop in 1a. But who really cares, its not like those SEC coaches can recognize talent right? As for the statement about jabriel not being able to hold mr. Robinson's jock strap, that's the greatest display of pompous ignorance I've seen in my life.

It doesn't really matter who is better than who Terrell is a very good player and he is what makes the offense go because of his qb abilities by no means is SP a one show. The guy from TCA may be as good or better but it doesn't matter TCA is looking towards next year. This whole conversation is crazy. They both seem to be good players and lets leave it at that.

what is the best drive to cookville through manchester or dunlap and sparta

I prefer dunlap but one of our fans that makes that drive to Tech each week could give us the best answer.

How about it powerp?

Dunlap by far is the route to go....It is about an hour an half away from SP...but the scenery is good along the way so the drive goes by really quick....I did not realize Union City was 4 hours away.....Man thats a trip

Listen you guys need to start a Jabriel Washington thread....What does he have to do with Union City VS South Pittsburg?