1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peg and pirate2003, I hate to say it, but I can promise you that Robinson isn't the player of Washington. One of you made a comment about TCA not looking like a very good or strong team, however that team this year relied ALOT on Jabriel Washington because that's practically all they had. Jabriel is being recruited as an Athlete according to his rivals page. He'll probably wind up as a WR or DB. His offers alone tell you and me who is the better player. I mean Jabriel has 15-20 MAJOR D1 scholarships hanging in the air. According to Robinson's rivals page, he had 6 schools that showed INTEREST. None offered him a scholarship. That might explain why he winded up at UTC. There's no doubt in my mind that Jabriel is most likely the best overall Single A football player in all of Tennessee. Unfortunately, his team this year wasn't the greatest.

UC obviously had problems with Jabriel in that game against TCA. That's why I stated earlier in this thread that I think it's going to be very tough for UC to contain Terrell. If UC can keep them from turning the corners, they should be ok. :mrgreen:

From what I have been told, Jabriel could not hold Terrell's jockstrap. Terrell is a stud on both sides of the ball. Jabriel may be the real deal, but I can guarantee if you saw Terrell play, you would not be doubting his ability....just ask all the teams we have played this year. UC will have trouble with Terrell...mark that down. No one we have played has shut him down....not even Polk County. Ask the Boyd fans if they would want to play us again with a healthy Terrell Robinson. My point is, many players are overlooked in 1A football. Terrell is not blinding fast, but has good speed, a great arm, and is a great leader on the field.

Man lay off the Pirate Kool-Aid.

Terrell is an outstanding player no doubt....but to say this "Jabriel could not hold Terrell's jockstrap" is totally absurd.

Terrell is going to UTC and does not have any other major offers listed on his rivals page.

Jabriel is only a JR. and has OFFERS from many of the major programs in the nation -- including LSU, Notre Dame, Cal, Florida State, Georgia, Nebraska, Tennessee and others. National recruiting analysts have considered him one of the top all-around skill position players in the Class of 2011.

All I will say is watch some film on both of them. Terrell may not be blinding fast but he goes hard every play....plus, he has led his team to the state championship. Leadership counts for more than plain ability in my book. Jabriel is talented but will not even come close to the numbers that Terrell put up this year.

Yea..favorite thing by far was beating Signal and shutting those guys up and then putting the mercy rule on Grace last week and making them believers! Thats my two highlights....And I am telling ya GCP you can disagree with me thats fine.....it is your opinion....but after seeing the highlights...Terrell is just as good as that Washington kid and I agree with Pirates 2003 a better QB....2 days left....How far of a drive is it from Union City to Cookeville?

I will say around four and a half to five hour drive......

So basically all of the d-1 coaches and recruitersknow less about football talent than the sp fan base? And jabriel has received letters and interest from texas and florida in addition to the OFFERS he has from 20 major college programs. He was an under armor all american for his class last year but I guess that means nothing. Terrel robinson is obviously a great player with an incredible supporting class. Jabriel is not being recruited as a qb but as a receiver and db or as a wildcat formation player. Jabriel is one of the fastest players in tennessee and certainly the cream of the crop in 1a. But who really cares, its not like those SEC coaches can recognize talent right? As for the statement about jabriel not being able to hold mr. Robinson's jock strap, that's the greatest display of pompous ignorance I've seen in my life.

You have your opinion and us Pirate fans have ours ....there is nothing pompous or ignorant about it. If anyone is ignorant, it is you. If Jabriel is so great, why was he not up for Mr. Football??? Terrell has proved himself by leading his team to the state championship...Jabriel has not and probably won't next year. I will take Terrell over any quarterback in Tennessee. He is a great athlete, a team player, and knows what it takes to win.

Hey gang for all that's it worth Washington's not playing friday! Let it go.Let's not drag 1 boy down to hoist up another anyway.T.Robinson's playing friday for SP. I bet afterwards UC fans will be able to appreciate him then. I must say something about C.Wordlaw,big 64 for the pirates.He played allstate ball last yr as a sophomore D-lineman now he's playing allstate O-line what a player. Go Pirartes!

I haven't seen SP play but by reading some of the comments they are just about as good as the Steelers, or at least they think they are. I have seen Union City play and they are a good physical one dimensional team on offense. They claim they can pass but the fact is they cannot pass well enought to be effective. I believe SP will be able to run as well as pass on UC. WC passed with great success. However, the key will be simple for SP, stop the run and you win, stone cold stop the run and you win big. WC turned the ball over too much to get ahead in the first half and just simply could not stop the run in the second half. If you don't stop the run UC will 3,4,5 yards you to death and shorten the game. WC had the ball for 14 plays in the second half and scored 14 points. My prediction is that SP will stop the run and send UC home sad but proud of the fine year that they have had.

Hey gang for all that's it worth Washington's not playing friday! Let it go.Let's not drag 1 boy down to hoist up another anyway.T.Robinson's playing friday for SP. I bet afterwards UC fans will be able to appreciate him then. I must say something about C.Wordlaw,big 64 for the pirates.He played allstate ball last yr as a sophomore D-lineman now he's playing allstate O-line what a player. Go Pirartes!

Good post Bossbro.

I went down their to the school today to pay to ride on Grider's grayhound. That lady told me it was eighteen dollars. I told her she had to be joking. It cost me eighteen dollars to ride Grider's grayhound, twelve dollars to get into the game and lord knows how much to eat. I went and watched my Patriots play for cheaper than that a few years ago in Nashville. I hope Grider gives us the right directions this time and we dont get lost like last week. Let me ask you a question. That ticket is good to watch all the games on Friday. Is Grider's grayhound going to be leaving after our game or is it going to stay and watch those other games? I would like to stay and watch another game to get my moneys worth. Paul Baris was right today. It has poured down. You think im joking cause im not. I hope these boys have been lifting weights this week so we will be big and strong for Union. I garuntee you that they have some big ole strong boys. I hope Grider puts 64, 73, 74, 77, and 78 in their on that defense line this week so it will be harder for Union to knock a hole.