1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey PowerP, what time yall leaving Friday morning??

Our Crew is leaving at 9....We got family coming over from Lebanon to watch with us so should be fun...If I see you and Mike out with seven in the parking lot I will be sure to stop by

Yeah, look for us. We are leaving around 7 or 730. Hope to do a little tailgating prior to the game. We plan to sit right around the 50 yrd line or so. Yall come on up and lets root the Pirates onto victory.

Hey PowerP, what time yall leaving Friday morning??

Our Crew is leaving at 9....We got family coming over from Lebanon to watch with us so should be fun...If I see you and Mike out with seven in the parking lot I will be sure to stop by

Yeah, look for us. We are leaving around 7 or 730. Hope to do a little tailgating prior to the game. We plan to sit right around the 50 yrd line or so. Yall come on up and lets root the Pirates onto victory.

Will do...I will see if Spfan24 and his all-state FB/LB uncle (graduated in 86? I think) will join us...They are leaving at 8....Should have a great crowd.....Now I am ready to sit back, relax, and watch the Pirates kick some Union City butt :roflol:

Great job all week on the cage rattling PowerP, but now is my turn. A few little birdies out west told me that Wayne County was a joke to be undefeated. Apparently, correct me if I am wrong, but UC only had 3 first downs in the first half against a mediocre team??? My buddy out west (Jackson, TN) told me that UC's 1st first down came on a penalty that Wayne Co also intercepted the pass (but of course the penalty gave UC the ball back and the first down). Even then it took UC 6 series to even get a first down!!! And the remaining 2 came in that same series for the half. My buddy has been around football for over 30 years and has a vast knowledge of the game. UC will be lucky to even get a first down the WHOLE game!!!! :roflol: Someone on here compared you to Polk Co... and several of you UC fans took that as a compliment. You are mistaken! Polk Co, jumped on us 27-0, then we SHUT them down the rest of the game! Sooooooooooo.... well you know what I am saying. When our defense hits you and hits you for the first 2 quarters, I sure hope you rest well at half time, because the 3rd quarter the hits become harder!! I am gonna put this out there on the table... I GUARANTEE your backs and lineman will have their hands on their hips by the end of the 2nd quarter, and ready to go home by the end of the 3rd. Your TD's may come on miscues, or turnovers, but your offense WON'T ram it down our throat until our 2nd and 3rd team plays.

The Pirate (Mercy) Rule will be in effect at the half!!! SP - 56 UC - 14

How hard is it to realized that South Pittsburg is playing Union City, not Union. Union is a college in Jackson, TN...Union City is a town with a football team playing Friday. I understand that it's South Pittsburg and not South Pittsburgh. And for goodness sake, it's in the title of the thread! It's just hard for me to take some of these comments seriously when the person posting can't even get the team names right with it in big letters above. I know this has nothing to do with who's going to win or whom is a better team, but at least get the team names right. They're the best two teams in their division, I think they deserve the respect of spelling their respective school correctly. Just a thought. :roflol:

>>Bud light presents Real American Heroes

(Real American Heroes....)

>>Today we salute you Mr. Correct the Names on a Message Board Guy

(Mr. Correct the Names on a Message Board Guy....)

While others are wasting time posting facts about high school football you come out to do the dirty work.

(No rest for you now....)

Even though you are doing the posters a favor, you still catch flack for catching every mistake.

(Was that a mistake that was just made?....)

So crack open an ice cold bud light Mr. Correct the Names on a Message Board Guy, because there is only one thing I know for certain in this world, and that is where would we all be without you?

(Mr. Correct the Names on a Message Board Guy.......)

Zone...I got to tell ya...that is classic

Thanks

You think they are going to beat Union 56-14?? Your joking. I garuntee you that these Union boys have been lifting weights all week and will be big and strong by Friday. This coach is a good coach that knows these boys must lift weights to be the strong team on the field. You think im joking because I am not. I am riding Griders Grayhound bus to this game on Friday morning and I expect SP to win the game but it will not be easy. Let me ask you a question. Why is Grider not making the boys practice this week? I went to that field yesterday afternoon and there was no one there. I went back today and no one was there again. What kind of mess is this? This is the championship week and Grider has given our boys 2 days off? If we lose this game our season will be over and we will not have a championship. I hope Grider has the boys prepared but I dont like this mess of not practicing on the week of the championship. I hope they practice real long and hard tommorrow to make up for the last 2 days.

Thank God it's my last day at work and just a day away from the GAME!! All SP people going up through Dunlap and going over the mountain please beware of the ole THP that likes to sit up there dinking there coffee and eating doughnuts and trying to get the state of TN more money. I have alot of friends that have been given tickets by just over by 5 mph.. Just don't want anybodies day to get started on the wrong track. You folk's from UC I hope you all have a safe trip also and we look forward to a great game with you all.