1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

My take on this game is that SP will get another gold ball. If and I say IF Union City runs the veer well then they can move the ball on the pirates. SP has an overly agressive defense and with the right reads the veer offense is the perfect offense against this type of team. In order for union city to have a chance they will have to rely on SP turning the ball over and will have to play nearly perfect. No one in single A can match the athletes of a South Pitt. They have the athlete facilities that can match many many big city areas :D Sp by four touchdowns. For some reason I think that union city will keep it close for a while, but some turnovers will start the landslide :D

From an inside source in that area....they may not "Recruit" but they do something. Anyone who knows anything about H S football will say that if a Single A team is that good with that little of a school....something fishy is going on here.

Union City....WILL PROVE that they can give the little old pirates all they want come noon Friday...just watch my friend.

And if your that good...why don' t you play up a class or two like Trousdale County did for a couple of years....couldn't hang I imagine!! That was proven this year!

Why should we play up?? We are a 1A team with a very low enrollment. Nothing was proven this year, we won more games against higher classification teams than we lost. And anyone who knows anything about high school football, knows that all our kids are local kids. Nothing wrong with great blood line in a town that lives and breathes football. It never fails that when opposing teams run out of things to say, it's always crap like this that comes up. Ask Trousdale about our rich tradition!! They are big supporters of Pirate Football as we are of them. As stated before, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, just don't use that as an excuse when we dominate the game tomorrow. Enjoy your trip to Cookeville, it will be a much longer trip going home.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on this game is that SP will get another gold ball. If and I say IF Union City runs the veer well then they can move the ball on the pirates. SP has an overly agressive defense and with the right reads the veer offense is the perfect offense against this type of team. In order for union city to have a chance they will have to rely on SP turning the ball over and will have to play nearly perfect. No one in single A can match the athletes of a South Pitt. They have the athlete facilities that can match many many big city areas :D Sp by four touchdowns. For some reason I think that union city will keep it close for a while, but some turnovers will start the landslide :D

From an inside source in that area....they may not "Recruit" but they do something. Anyone who knows anything about H S football will say that if a Single A team is that good with that little of a school....something fishy is going on here.

Union City....WILL PROVE that they can give the little old pirates all they want come noon Friday...just watch my friend.

And if your that good...why don' t you play up a class or two like Trousdale County did for a couple of years....couldn't hang I imagine!! That was proven this year!

What a bunch of garbage!! Everybody in our area knows that all our players are hometown boys. You are just plain jealous and trying to make excuses for losing before the game even starts. We will see if your Union City boys are up to the task tomorrow at 12:00. We played 2A, 3A, and 4A teams and won all but two of those games so that is not even a valid point there bud.

Let me ask you a question. Is Griders grayhound bus going to be stopping to eat at McDonalds in the morning. I am going to be hungry and will wont some breakfast. I am saving my cocoa powder for this football game. I hope our boys are going to play hard and good in this game. I hope Grider has a good plan for these big ole boys from Union. I garuntee you that these boys think they can knock a hole in our line. Our linemen better be ready or they will get knocked around. I am worried about this game because if we lose the season is over and we dont win a championship. We need to win a championship since we blew that chance last season. I garuntee you that Union will be fired up for this game. I hope our boys lifted alot of weights this week so they will be strong and good for this game. Let me ask you a question Union people. When did your boys leave for this game? I hope the Union boys have a safe drive to Cookesville for the game. I hope that Robinson boy has a good game for us on Friday. I garuntee you that Union will be trying to stop him in this game. That Arnold boy that Union has is a big ole boy that is a good all state boy. That Fair boy that is not kinned to Murphy is also a real good boy that is a tough and strong boy. We better be getting our big boys like that number 73, 74, 77 68 78 76 and others in there to plug up a hole.

we left this morning at about 9 oclock. i say we because i go to school at uc but i have nothing to do with the football team. im in the amazing band that everybody will hear tomorrow. maybe i can talk our director into turning around and doing the show in front of s.p. then you can compare us to the other bands that yall have seen (if yall have seen any)

Alright...it is late Thursday night and Pirate fans are having a hard time sleeping dreaming of that gold ball. I expect this to be a very hard-nosed, hard-hitting ballgame. Both teams will bring their A game but the Pirates will prevail due to the tough schedule they played this year. I have to agree with Old Pirate when he said earlier this year that our offense should score at least 1 touchdown each quarter. With that said, I think we will score one more. Union City will play tough but will not have the horses to stay with the Pirates after the 3rd quarter. My prediction:

Mighty Pirates: 35

Gritty Tornados: 21

GO PIRATES!!!!!! BRING THAT GOLD BALL HOME!!!!!!!!!!

'ucdiditagain' wrote:

Man, we really appreciate the respect "thepushercg"!! You said you have seen Union City, what game did you see....us scimage Wayne County this past summer at camp?

It is really great to have the high praise you do for the Pirate team but I promise you this , I will walk on the field after the game and meet you at the 50 to here you say, man, your team isn't bad at all.

You sound like that South Pitt could beat the Tennessee Titans......well, you will play the Union City "Titans" Golden Tornadoes at 12 noon Friday. I bet your a Colts fan to. Well, I promise you one thing....your little ole single a Pirates will know they were in a football game after you play Union City. We will play rough, tough, hit you when your not looking, play fair, smash mouth , down your throat football.

So, come 12 noon Friday.....oh....listen, ...shhhhhhhh......my weather radio just went off......

The National Weather Service in Nashiville has just issued a "Tornado Warning" for the Cookeville Tennessee area aimed at the South Pittsburg Team. Repeat, a 'Tornado Warning" has been issued for Cookeville Tennessee area around Tennessee Tech headed straight towards the South Pittsburg Team.

Union City will have a great fan base at this game, even local football teams that we have played are loading on buses Friday morning at 5:30 to support UNion City and see them come up and make believers out of not only you, but the media and all of eastern Tennessee.

Our team does believe, we are on a MISSION and South Pitt is the moon and we are NASA.

Union City will play you as tough as anyone you have played all season and will be well coached. Just ask everyone we have played.

Good Luck Union City, your season ends on Friday and WILL end on a high note!

I have seen South Pitt play as they destroyed our Grace Christian Rams. Let me tell you 'ucdiditagain', the Pirates are the real deal. I have watched HS football for many years and seen all kinds of talent on every classification but I have never seen a team, like last Friday night at our campus at Grace, with that much team speed. SP is incredibly fast from their backs to their lineman. I have seen Alcoa play and SP is just as fast if not faster than the real Tornadoes of Alcoa. I was very impressed. I hated to see my Rams season come to an end but I can honestly say that I was in awe watching the Pirates play.

My prediction: SP will put on a show and have many highlights. SP 42 - UC 17. Hey UC, you guys are a basketball school but you're gonna see some real football Friday.

I want to apologize to the players and fans of SP for the actions of our #5 last Friday. Yes, he has been through a lot but that is/was no excuse for his behavior. One player can give the whole school a bad name and that really bothers me because that's not us. We have great kids on our football team and I hope you guys don't think that that is how we play. Not sure why he acted like that because he has been doing so much better this season than last year. I am glad that he is a senior though. You guys were very classy and were great fans. Good luck Friday night but I don't believe you will need it.

We are a 1A school that played 7 or 8 teams this year that played in the 2A playoffs. It shows that we basically do play in 2A. I know every player on the team and there parents and have since they were little. We just have talented players most of the time and we have are bad years every now and then too. This team is very talented and if yall beat them then you deserve to.

I think it will be close at the begining with everybody all fired up but once that settles SP should take care of buisness. GO PIRATES!!!

SP-40

UC-17

'ucdiditagain' wrote:

I have seen South Pitt play as they destroyed our Grace Christian Rams. Let me tell you 'ucdiditagain', the Pirates are the real deal. I have watched HS football for many years and seen all kinds of talent on every classification but I have never seen a team, like last Friday night at our campus at Grace, with that much team speed. SP is incredibly fast from their backs to their lineman. I have seen Alcoa play and SP is just as fast if not faster than the real Tornadoes of Alcoa. I was very impressed. I hated to see my Rams season come to an end but I can honestly say that I was in awe watching the Pirates play.

My prediction: SP will put on a show and have many highlights. SP 42 - UC 17. Hey UC, you guys are a basketball school but you're gonna see some real football Friday.

I want to apologize to the players and fans of SP for the actions of our #5 last Friday. Yes, he has been through a lot but that is/was no excuse for his behavior. One player can give the whole school a bad name and that really bothers me because that's not us. We have great kids on our football team and I hope you guys don't think that that is how we play. Not sure why he acted like that because he has been doing so much better this season than last year. I am glad that he is a senior though. You guys were very classy and were great fans. Good luck Friday night but I don't believe you will need it.

Old Pirate says thanks for the kind words RF. The SP folkes are a rare bunch as a whole with football being what SP is known for, even more than those Lodge cast iron skillets. You should come the the Corn Bread Festival and see how the community works to make it very successful every spring in April.

Recon...OP needs to catch some sleep, figure OP jest might have to sleep in the den with the TV on to drown out the skillet slingers snoring.

I have been reading in my Murphy Fair book one last time before getting some shut eye. I have to get up pretty early and go catch Griders grayhound bus. That Fair boy and that Arnold boy are real big ole boys that are going to be strong and good boys. I hope our boys get good rest tonight and are ready for a war in the morning time with this Union team. Union is a good bunch of boys that are big and strong ones. I think the SP boys will play hard and good but they might have trouble knocking holes for the runners to run through. This is going to be an exciting game I garuntee you that. I guess I will have to wait until the morning to find out if the bus is going to stop and let us eat at McDonalds. I hope the boys are ready to play some good football. Let me ask you a question. Will the SP boys be wearing a new uniform for this game? I heard that the boys were getting some kind of new uniform for this game. Someone told me they were getting some new stickers for their helmets for this game. I kinda like that P on the side of the helmet but I heard they got some new stickers for this game. I hope they look good like the old helmets did.

A word of warning, this don't look nothing like a blowout. SP fans seem to think they are playing a chump, I don't think so. UC looks for real to me. I picked SP, but I sure wouldn't put alot of money on it. Looking at UC.s schedule ,they played a few teams that Mckenzie did and in most cases,they won by a bigger margin. Mckenzie gave Trousdale all they wanted and more. SP is a great tem ,but they had better get ready for a 4 quarter war. Can't wait to see this one, I think everyone will get their monies worth. Looks like a heck of a battle. Good luck to both teams and hopefully both team will stay injury free and play to their fullest potential.

Congrats to both teams, you have both had great seasons, win or lose ,do it with pride and dignity. Play like the winners that you are.