1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A word of warning, this don't look nothing like a blowout. SP fans seem to think they are playing a chump, I don't think so. UC looks for real to me. I picked SP, but I sure wouldn't put alot of money on it. Looking at UC.s schedule ,they played a few teams that Mckenzie did and in most cases,they won by a bigger margin. Mckenzie gave Trousdale all they wanted and more. SP is a great tem ,but they had better get ready for a 4 quarter war. Can't wait to see this one, I think everyone will get their monies worth. Looks like a heck of a battle. Good luck to both teams and hopefully both team will stay injury free and play to their fullest potential.

Congrats to both teams, you have both had great seasons, win or lose ,do it with pride and dignity. Play like the winners that you are.

Pujo you coming to the 1A game?? If so, look for the SP caravans and ask for Pirate Mike. I'm not anonymous, so if you want to meet up we all can. Cya at the game. GO PIRATES!!!!

So come 12 noon Friday.....oh....listen, ...shhhhhhhh......my weather radio just went off......

The National Weather Service in Nashiville has just issued a "Tornado Warning" for the Cookeville Tennessee area aimed at the South Pittsburg Team. Repeat, a 'Tornado Warning" has been issued for Cookeville Tennessee area around Tennessee Tech headed straight towards the South Pittsburg Team.

Union City will have a great fan base at this game, even local football teams that we have played are loading on buses Friday morning at 5:30 to support UNion City and see them come up and make believers out of not only you, but the media and all of eastern Tennessee.

Our team does believe, we are on a MISSION and South Pitt is the moon and we are NASA.

Union City will play you as tough as anyone you have played all season and will be well coached. Just ask everyone we have played.

Good Luck Union City, your season ends on Friday and WILL end on a high note!

The only tornado warning for Cookeville is Alcoa. The whole Tornado warning thing has worn itself out so give it a rest. I know you think it sounds cool and all but then you would..... :rolleyes:

A word of warning, this don't look nothing like a blowout. SP fans seem to think they are playing a chump, I don't think so. UC looks for real to me. I picked SP, but I sure wouldn't put alot of money on it. Looking at UC.s schedule ,they played a few teams that Mckenzie did and in most cases,they won by a bigger margin. Mckenzie gave Trousdale all they wanted and more. SP is a great tem ,but they had better get ready for a 4 quarter war. Can't wait to see this one, I think everyone will get their monies worth. Looks like a heck of a battle. Good luck to both teams and hopefully both team will stay injury free and play to their fullest potential.

Congrats to both teams, you have both had great seasons, win or lose ,do it with pride and dignity. Play like the winners that you are.

Good post sir i do agree with you on this. SP better be ready for a fight it won't be as easy as they think! I have seen UC play on a couple of occassions this year and they are the real deal! On some early posts i have seen people picking SP by 30 plus points. They may do it but i will have to see it to believe it! SP has Robinson a great back no doubt but Mr. Nicks is the real deal i promise u that! This will be a fantastic football game and well worth the price of admission! UC will be ready to play as will SP good luck and hope for a injury free game! :rolleyes:

In the 4th quarter, UC 28 South Pitt 21

Nicks is running all over South Pitt. Nicks needs to be playing D1 college ball as a fullback for somebody next year. The kid is 6'1" and 220 lbs, and he can run and is tough.

Also, UC's big line is manhandling South Pitt's line. UC's line and Nicks is the story of the game so far. South Pitt has the ball right now.