Beech vs. Columbia 5A State Championship

tandem

I posted this last week:

After you play Beech you will realize what everyone else is saying. You go into the game thinking they look all right, but they aren't anything special. You start playing and the same idea is in your head. Before you know it they've had a few breaks go their way and they are up. They run the ball and control the clock. Once the game is finished you look up and say, dang they didn't do anything real special but they just beat us, how'd that happen? Their running game is impressive, however, their fundamentals are what's most impressive. Columbia better be ready to play one of the best coached teams they have faced all season. (No, I didn't say THE BEST, so don't whine about how much better your team's coaches are!)

Columbia was Beech's last victim this year. They were loaded with soph's and jr's, there will be more victims to come in 2010 and 2011.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Buccaneers!!! That was a great game watching from the stands. Seeing it live was better than viewing on TV. Great season, Columbia!

Trying to figure out what it is about that team is simple - heart, chemistry, talent and never giving up, no matter what the naysayers think.

I hope that Beech finally gets the recognition it deserves regarding their athletic programs and not just being named a "softball" school. Now, it puts more pressure on the basketball and baseball teams to follow suit............

The "naked boys" looked like they were frozen...... :roll:

I think the question should be how good is the Beech defense? We heard all week how good the SS offense was, scoring 50 a game and we saw the results. I'm more interested in knowing if Beech can slow the Columbia offense.

(90sLion) you just got spanked it was a joke you all made it this far. Great job Beech!!! Refs tried to take it away from you all but you fought threw it great job!!!! Columbia shouldnt have even been there. Glad they got beat :hungry:

I think the question should be how good is the Beech defense? We heard all week how good the SS offense was, scoring 50 a game and we saw the results. I'm more interested in knowing if Beech can slow the Columbia offense.

(90sLion) you just got spanked it was a joke you all made it this far. Great job Beech!!! Refs tried to take it away from you all but you fought threw it great job!!!! Columbia shouldnt have even been there. Glad they got beat :hungry:

i hate people that can't realize the fact that your team got beat...im assuming your not a beech fan...ALL you see is what the other team does...everything your boys do is okay, because there your little angels...

(90sLion) you just got spanked it was a joke you all made it this far. Great job Beech!!! Refs tried to take it away from you all but you fought threw it great job!!!! Columbia shouldnt have even been there. Glad they got beat :wacko:

Its funny how no one replied to this post until after the game. :hungry: Now Space has to jump on the wagon.

Great Job Beech and Columbia!

Go Lions!

I just want to take this time to say that I am soooo proud to be a Columbia Central Lions Fan! GO LIONS!!! :roflolk:

I would like to clarify something for all of these bimbos who think that we were able to pick and choose the refs because we had the opportunity to play at home throughout the playoffs. We didn't have the same refs at any of our games that I saw, and I didn't miss any of them. TSSAA assigns the refs during playoffs and they come from all over the state. We didn't have local refs!!! :thumb:

We played some really great teams in the playoffs and I can honestly say that all of them were really a class act except for one. And, I really wish they would just get over that loss, because if they didn't make a big enough clown of themselves that night then I don't know who did. They were not the only team that had a touchdown called back because of a penalty that night either. I thought it was rather funny how they could tell you where you could go to see the clip from the incident after the game, because they had edited it but didn't show the beginning of the altercation. (Real good photographer! Lol) But, the one thing I will say on a positive note is that #6 is a great player and an even better person, because he made sure he shook every one of our players' hands. I even personally told him that he played a great game and keep his head up, because the sky is the limit for him.

As for Beech--they are the the Class 5A State Champion and I congratulate them on their 1st ever. I wished we would have been the ones celebrating that Victory, but somebody had to win and somebody had to lose and the better team that night won. If you were there or you had to watch it on TV, you would have known from the very 1st play of the game that the team with the fewest mistakes would win the game. (unfortunately that was us :roflol: ) We didn't have our best game, but it wasn't all one person's fault either. If we don't start teaching our DB's how to look for the football or even watch the opponent's eyes, then we will continue to struggle against the passing game. But, that's not taking anything away the Bucs either, because they played a very solid game. They are a very good team and their players are a class act.

I'm sorry for our Seniors more than anything, but you guys need to hold your heads high because NOBODY other than you, your teammates, your coaches, and your dedicated fans ever thought you would have even made it as far as you did. As for our Juniors, Sophomores, and Freshmen keep working as a team and continue to do the things you need to do to improve, and I think we can make it back to the big dance again next year. I'm ready if you all are!!!

Why did your dumb coach/cop run across the feild and get in AC coaches face? I guess he wont do that again :thumb: But I hope you all make it next year and come to AC. We will welcome you guys with open arms

Space just need to accept the fact that he should be proud his team managed to hold

Columbia to only 50....

Why did your dumb coach/cop run across the feild and get in AC coaches face? I guess he wont do that again :thumb: But I hope you all make it next year and come to AC. We will welcome you guys with open arms

Space just need to accept the fact that he should be proud his team managed to hold

Columbia to only 50....

I am proud. You should be proud that Columbia and the ref held AC to 44 points. It was a joke you all made it but its over and you all got beat like I thought you would. Great job Beech!!!!!!