Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

I do hate this situation for the kids but what has been going on at GCA has been going on for a long time as far back as 2003 You cannot treat people and do the things that have been done and not have it come back to you its like the saying goes what goes around comes around and GCA is getting everything that the coaches and adminastration deserve. It was only a matter of time before things catch up with you and so it has. To all the kids Im sorry you have to suffer for the what the people at the top have done

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about this for the kids at Grace that had nothing to do with this. Hopefully they part ways with the people who caused this, and get the program going again once the probation has been completed. Sure people get on here and bash privates all the time for issues like this, and I could as well being part of a small private and making us look bad, but gotta feel for this kids in this situation.

Sorry to hear about this for the kids at Grace that had nothing to do with this. Hopefully they part ways with the people who caused this, and get the program going again once the probation has been completed. Sure people get on here and bash privates all the time for issues like this, and I could as well being part of a small private and making us look bad, but gotta feel for this kids in this situation.

The whole paying for the mistakes of a select few. I'm glad they got caught but I do feel for the innocent . I'm sure nearly all were innocent. Some of them are still in denial, thay act like it was one little instance, just way to many fishy things have been going on in the past few years. They have cheated with several kids.

In my opinion, I think the other private schools should be more upset over this than the public schools, it makes all of them look bad. People who say cheaters never win, might ought to rethink their position. They win quite a bit. I think the Kentucky people could tell us a few things about that. I don't think Mccamey could recruit with ole Cal.

I have been following this story on the board the whole way and have kept out of it -- until now. The thing that gets me is the PR campaign that the church officials are now waging in the media! I watched the pastor's interview yesterday on Channel 10 and it was sad. He's attempting to cast himself and the church/school as a victim! How appropriate in this day and age. As a culture we have really scraped the bottom of the barrel when a pastor attempts to minimize transgressions by pointing to the good that he was doing in violating the rules. Dissembling.

I have no affliation with GCA or the church itself, and GCA does not compete with the school I support. So as an outsider looking in, I do feel sorry for the innocent kids at GCA that this is going to affect. I feel the TSSAA should grant an exceptions to the student athletes that would like to transfer to other schools to be able to compete in post season play. But, I feel the punisment is very appropriate in this situation. If my memory serves me correct, I think this is the second time that GCA has been caught using an ineligible player in thier sports program and they have only had athletics for 6 yrs. This is just my opinion, and you know what people say about opinions.

I have been following this story on the board the whole way and have kept out of it -- until now. The thing that gets me is the PR campaign that the church officials are now waging in the media! I watched the pastor's interview yesterday on Channel 10 and it was sad. He's attempting to cast himself and the church/school as a victim! How appropriate in this day and age. As a culture we have really scraped the bottom of the barrel when a pastor attempts to minimize transgressions by pointing to the good that he was doing in violating the rules. Dissembling.

He must have watched tapes of Obama's speeches. :bored:

I have to agree with you 100% on this matter. This attitude is what swayed my decision.

In my opinion, I think the other private schools should be more upset over this than the public schools, it makes all of them look bad.

A couple of recent Brentwood High School graduates - (supposedly) good kids in a good school in one of the most highly-regarded academic school systems in the state - decided to rob a few banks in the Middle Tennessee area over the past few months (as a side note, after their last robbery in Gallatin, they decided to shoot at the police who were chasing them, which resulted in both being killed).

Applying the same logic, it would be implied all those associated with public schools are gun-toting, crime-committing sociopaths.

As a different private school supporter, I haven't lost a hint of sleep or hair over this story. I am intrigued by the story more from the fact that, as previously stated, this is a school that's putting up paper thin defenses in the football playoffs the past few years (seriously, some of the smallest enrollment public schools haven't given up 60 per playoff game to private schools over multiple playoff games like GCA has in recent history!) and has a girls basketball program that appeared to struggle to win games this year. That is not exactly stuff of Brentwood Academy football dominance infamy in the mid-to-late 90s.

Still, cheating is cheating - no matter how good or bad you are at it - and offenders should be punished, regardless if the fruits of those transgressions yield the desired results. However, I'm sure that quite a few private schools out there - some of which have been around for 50, 100, and even more years and with foundations and roots that go far beyond silly little numbers place on a scoreboard or cheap, faux gold trophies displayed in a case - neither care about how one other school's errors reflect on them nor are changing the ways they operate that make them the well-rounded schools they are today.

I was just told by a TSSAA official that they are going to look into the case at Clinton High School again about a current player we will call him 6...that he is ineligible and That CHS may have to vacate ALL of last season now. Also there is word that Catholic is being put under the microscope now for the same reason GCA was. Thought I would share that. The TSSAA official is good friends with my Father and would not go into great details but that's all I know.

People bash the privates because they can see through the BS! To think that this doesn't go on at all private schools in one form or another is foolish. And yes, I am sure it has happened at the great BBS!! Go play D-II and all of this bashing will stop.