Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

I would say all schools committ violations on some level every year. Bottomline...If you get caught you need to take your medicine. As long as the TSSAA requires teams to keep score, somebody is going to get the advantage in form or another. I think, the TSSAA punisment is in line with this violation.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say all schools committ violations on some level every year. Bottomline...If you get caught you need to take your medicine. As long as the TSSAA requires teams to keep score, somebody is going to get the advantage in form or another. I think, the TSSAA punisment is in line with this violation.

I agree. Punishment is in line with the violation. Privates just get singled out more than publics. Not everyone is as perfect as they think.

I agree. Punishment is in line with the violation. Privates just get singled out more than publics. Not everyone is as perfect as they think.

I'll agree with that statement Reaction, it just really stands out when a school like Grace is getting beat like a drum by fairly weak opppnents, and start beating schools with a rich tradition in a very short period of time. Grace,s resent success has had to do with all the sudden transfers, they have pretty much brought in a whole new backfield every year. Pretty much everyone knew they were cheating and now they have been caught and will have to pay the price. A 1a school in Knoxville should be able to get extremely good and they can do it legally. You get the right coaches, win some ballgames and the kids will come. That is a HUGE drawing pool for a little old 1a school. In Geaces case , they are more fortunate than most other private schools because of where they are located, mop

st of the other private schools in Knoxville are on the other side of town. They have a good sized area all to themselves. If they would just slow down and do things the right way, they could become a powerhouse.

I'll agree with that statement Reaction, it just really stands out when a school like Grace is getting beat like a drum by fairly weak opppnents, and start beating schools with a rich tradition in a very short period of time. Grace,s resent success has had to do with all the sudden transfers, they have pretty much brought in a whole new backfield every year. Pretty much everyone knew they were cheating and now they have been caught and will have to pay the price. A 1a school in Knoxville should be able to get extremely good and they can do it legally. You get the right coaches, win some ballgames and the kids will come. That is a HUGE drawing pool for a little old 1a school. In Geaces case , they are more fortunate than most other private schools because of where they are located, mop

st of the other private schools in Knoxville are on the other side of town. They have a good sized area all to themselves. If they would just slow down and do things the right way, they could become a powerhouse.

Ya I can understand that. I don't know much about that school anyways. I do know that I had never heard of the place until maybe 3 years ago, which I guess that is when they started raising some eye brows on here. Some people just choose to do short cuts. We took our beatings for years, even getting beat 95-3 one year. It can be done correctly, but some people just want success overnight. Hope to see your Hampton Bulldogs this year in the play offs. We were close last year. :blush:

Call it dumb say what you want I know for a fact that money changed hands several times, maybe a young guy but, I do know this, it doesn't matter who cheats coaches admin or others are willing to cheat to get the upper hand in highschool sports maybe they shouldn't be allowed to be involved with us young people, whats dumb is you guys that want to say you know something didnt happen and you don't go there didn't play there or hang with current players, I just posted the truth cause my friend as taken alot of crap and he was just guided by ADULTS that so call have kids best interest at heart, ya as long as they give something in return, grace should line up all the kids they give money to and see how many of them don't play sports, same thing at karns, what you guys dont understand is khs coaches are so desperate to win they would do anything all it would take is tssaa to go in question the team they would find out whats up, one of my buds could have went to hva this year the coaches went to his house and told his grandpa they would make sure he got to school everyday that one of the coaches would pick him up if needed, my point is punish all the schools that break the rules, its winners or losers because khs as paid a big prices over the years our supermidget team was loaded with talent 6 years ago we had guys go to aloca,webb,catholic,farrgt,bearden, grace,central, west anywhere but karns one of the guys that went to west lived less then a mile from khs, just think if tssaa got all the recuriting schools and held the admin and coaches accountable khs would probably be able to win a few.

Call it dumb say what you want I know for a fact that money changed hands several times, maybe a young guy but, I do know this, it doesn't matter who cheats coaches admin or others are willing to cheat to get the upper hand in highschool sports maybe they shouldn't be allowed to be involved with us young people, whats dumb is you guys that want to say you know something didnt happen and you don't go there didn't play there or hang with current players, I just posted the truth cause my friend as taken alot of crap and he was just guided by ADULTS that so call have kids best interest at heart, ya as long as they give something in return, grace should line up all the kids they give money to and see how many of them don't play sports, same thing at karns, what you guys dont understand is khs coaches are so desperate to win they would do anything all it would take is tssaa to go in question the team they would find out whats up, one of my buds could have went to hva this year the coaches went to his house and told his grandpa they would make sure he got to school everyday that one of the coaches would pick him up if needed, my point is punish all the schools that break the rules, its winners or losers because khs as paid a big prices over the years our supermidget team was loaded with talent 6 years ago we had guys go to aloca,webb,catholic,farrgt,bearden, grace,central, west anywhere but karns one of the guys that went to west lived less then a mile from khs, just think if tssaa got all the recuriting schools and held the admin and coaches accountable khs would probably be able to win a few.

I will go back to my last post..I would just about guarantee that all schools cheat on some level. The thing here is GCA got caught. As for your therory about Karns, it would not surprize me if any Karns supporter would do anything to help that program. But, has for your "Super Midget" team situation, there is a few things you need to take into consideration. How many of the players, were zoned to go the other schools. How many got legit transfers? How many may have moved? The ones that went to Webb, may have been recrutied, and since Webb is DII, that is not a violation. And finally, for the kids that may have lied about their residence and went to another school. It is up to the school system to determine that, not coaches or Ath. dept.. So in all, that is not a great example to provide.

The ones that went to Webb, may have been recrutied, and since Webb is DII, that is not a violation.

Yes, it is.

Well, then someone needs to place a call to the TSSAA. Webb has Rec. League teams that they work closely with in Knox Co. It is so obvious and out in the open this must not be a violation that the TSSAA cares about for DII schools. I know 4 or 5 yrs ago, I had a running back on my Rec. league team that I had to place body guards around to keep the Webb faithful away from just so we could warm up. I did call the TSSAA at that time and let them know what was going on. I will not quote them word for word, but the impression they gave me was. DII teams have free reign over kids that have not made it to High School yet.

The ones that went to Webb, may have been recrutied, and since Webb is DII, that is not a violation.

Yes, it is.

Well, then someone needs to place a call to the TSSAA. Webb has Rec. League teams that they work closely with in Knox Co. It is so obvious and out in the open this must not be a violation that the TSSAA cares about for DII schools. I know 4 or 5 yrs ago, I had a running back on my Rec. league team that I had to place body guards around to keep the Webb faithful away from just so we could warm up. I did call the TSSAA at that time and let them know what was going on. I will not quote them word for word, but the impression they gave me was. DII teams have free reign over kids that have not made it to High School yet.

Athletic recruiting is prohibited at every level of the TSSAA. See page 15, section 17 at the link below:

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/handbook.pdf

Yes, it is.

Athletic recruiting is prohibited at every level of the TSSAA. See page 15, section 17 at the link below:

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/handbook.pdf

I am fully aware of what the handbook says. I am not a Webb fan or a fan of any DII program. But, I am fully aware how Webb school skirts around this rule and it is wrong IMO, but within the guide lines. This is copy/pastes right from the website HTV provided.

A. The Recruiting Rule is not intended to prevent a member school from marketing its total school

program or conducting programs designed to attract students based on the school’s overall educational

and extracurricular programs. However, such programs must not be used as a method for securing

students for athletic purposes. Examples of programs or things that would be permissible include, but

are not limited to:

1. With the permission of the administration of both schools, a school may present programs or give

information to elementary, junior high, or middle schools, which explain their total educational

program. There should be a diversity of presenters, speaking on a variety of topics to students of all interests.

What they do. They go to the Middle Schools of players they are intersted in. Hold an assembly for all that wants to attend. But, the players have already been infromed they need to go. They make their presentations, and who ever applies "so be it". But, they make sure the player meets all the standards.

Bottomlnie...This thread is about GCA getting caught cheating. And I have shared my opinions on this matter. I am not defended any program, nor am I trying to boost one up here. So, find more websites and tell me how wrong I am again. This is how it is done, and the TSSAA obviously does not care. You need to get in touch with them and try to show them your inteligence, not me. Because, I can not change a thing.

Yes, it is.

You ought to make that call. Not being smart, you just seem more familiar with it than anyone posting about the things here would be.

The fine was reduced from $24K to $10K, after an appeal.