LaVergne's Hester resigns

graider1976

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

friend of none has it right...smith was called to interview. He drove 5 hours one way and they kept him waiting over 45 minutes after the last candidate left and mr. daniels asked him 4 questions, said thank you very much, about 15 or 20 minutes and said thanks for coming...five hours back home.....i have recently heard that smith maybe going to moore county to coach there....i do know that he interviewed at least 3 times for the lavergne job before...i guess that he probably was just not a good fit

Is it safe to say that LaVergne has really screwed this deal up they give Scott Smith a halfa$$ interview they name 3 finalists 2 of which are proven "clowns" I thinks its time for some changes at LHS and i mean adminstration

Who are the finalists? I have heard this was Thompson's job. Im guessing the finalists are Thompson, Atkins, and Aric. Smith would have been better than at least two of the three.

Fitzgerald (from rhea co) was a finalists he smelled a rat (lhs administration) turned down the job. The other finalists sad to say where Torey Patterson and Ralph Thompson neither were to Gills liking so the position has been reposted. Daniels announced to his faculty yesterday that he (daniels)would not be returning next yr. I guess I wasnt the only one who felt a change was needed.

"Rumor" I am hearing is Daniels was never in the loop as to who would be hired. "Rumor" further stated this hire was going to be Rutherford Counties part in Afirmative Action. Unfortunately some 'demands' from the two that were approached in Metro were HIGHLY unreasonable and unrealistic.

Hopefully LaVergne 'might' have a coach in time for spring practice!

We all know Gill has no love for Lavergne. Very sad that there is such a delay in this hire. All it is hurting are the kids and the assistant coaches. Wonder if Hester will consider staying now that Daniels is resigning? That could be a possible fix for this one.

I will say that Melvin was a super secondary coach when he was at Oakland, along with being a phenomenal track coach. Sometimes it is just time to go though.

Melvin did the interviews turned in his 3 finalists to Gill. Gill unimpressed with 2 of the 3 had it opened back up. Melvin has since been forced out due to "continued academic concerns" the position will be taken over by Dirk Ash. Ash has started his search already. I think the coach will be named in a week to 1o days. It will not be any of the names that have been mentioned for this job already.