LaVergne's Hester resigns

graider1976

Ralph Thompson would be a great fit at LaVergne if he does decide to take the job and leave Maplewood. He turned Maplewood around after they couldn't win a game to save themselves from '99-early '00's. If you had told me that Maplewood would be a Top 10 caliber 4A football program and would have gone to a state title game when Ralph was hired there I would have asked "have you lost your mind?????". The fact of the matter (all race and other issues aside) is that Thompson would be a great fit at LaVergne and he would win games..........PERIOD!!!!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Face It people this is the good ole boy system that do not want an african american head coach in this COUNTY. As far as I'm concerned Will Hester Record at LaVergne should have had him fired anyway. He has not won period. I understand you have to have a good staff & suppport from the admin also, but like Parcells said " YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD IS". And now I hear Will Hester will resume his head coaching duties at Lavergne. Torey Patterson emailed Mr Gill Jr about the intern title & his pay, but he wasnt trying to hear that. These people are crazy and not once have they thought about the kids. These kids are what matter not, not Mr Gill Jr. ego. How do you expect for these kids to play for Hester after this. I would file a lawsuit if I was Torey or the Coach from Maplewood. There is no grey area with right wrong And I'm sorry people but this situation is wrong. Why Why Why.... I do not care what anyone say these kids need a strong black man to look up to, hello but the team is mostly black with single parent homes. They do not trust easay & I'm sure they would feel more at home with a coach that could relate to them. A white man do not know what it is like to be black because the things black people have been through over the past 200 yrs prove that they can adapt to all situations. Slavery,segregation,rasism. This is so sad for the kids. Point blank Race should not matter anymore its 2010.

Point blank what? How can you say race should not matter in the same post that you say the kids need a strong black man - make up your mind. white coach won at Hillsboro with mostly black kids. black coach going to coach mostly white kids at indy.... I know no black man that was a slave - you are the one bringing that up. I will not assume your race one way or the other, but I resent the fact that you are suggesting that black men are more prone to leave mothers to raise children on their own.

Wow....this is about to be shut down. First I highly doubt either Patterson or Thompson would want anyone on here spouting off their personal information. I know I wouldnt want my business scattered on here. And if you are wrong that might just be slander.... Second the main reason why your issues are still present is because people like you still bring it up. Im a football coach and I have mostly black kids. I care a lot about them, all of them. I like to think that I am someone who they can look up to a be a positive role model. I actually had one of my former players stop by and visit yesterday. I spoke to him for about an hour after school. Oh and he actually calls me dad and his mom calls me his school dad. I have another former player just like it that calls me dad. Its all in good fun but the truth is I kindof am that father figure that both lack. Race doesnt matter at all. Good people dont see color they see people period. People who dont get their way see color.

As far as the job.....Hester is a good coach and will be just fine as will the kids. If Ash goes another route then we will see. Ash knows what he is doing. Its funny you say the kids at La Verne Middle arent good yet you seem to really care about their well being.

Spend one hour at LHS and you will know why Daniels is out. It doesn't matter if he is black, white, purple, or polka dotted. The school is a mess. Change has to start at the top. Yes, there are good teachers and good kids at LHS but they are not the majority. And ones that are borderline and could be good become complacent because nothing more is expected from them. Then spend one hour at LMS and you will know why Ash is in. LHS has been given an opportunity to change its image and I hope that the entire school- administration, faculty, and students take advantage of the chance.

Spend one hour at LHS and you will know why Daniels is out. It doesn't matter if he is black, white, purple, or polka dotted. The school is a mess. Change has to start at the top. Yes, there are good teachers and good kids at LHS but they are not the majority. And ones that are borderline and could be good become complacent because nothing more is expected from them. Then spend one hour at LMS and you will know why Ash is in. LHS has been given an opportunity to change its image and I hope that the entire school- administration, faculty, and students take advantage of the chance.

Really? I heard that the conduct of the 7th graders at LMS last year was so bad that it took not one but TWO full time math teachers to teach 7th grade math in one class all day. I also heard that out of the several hundred 8th graders last year at LMS, only a couple would be able to take math above standard when they got to LHS. That doesn't make a person very optimistic about the prospects of the principal from that middle school turning things around at LHS. But it can't be ruled out - however it will take help from all hands on deck and LOTS of $$ to improve the physical condition of the campus. Kids act worse in classrooms that are rundown and trashed-out looking.

You can tell there are NO history majors on this thread. First off we are told that NO white person can know what it is like to be a slave in this country. That is false because some of the first settlers in the south were indentured servants in Georgia and South Carolina that were brought over here from England. In case some do not know what indentured servants are, they were slaves because they were brought over from debters prisons and had to work for a number of years for NO pay and could NOT go and come as they pleased. If that is not slavery, I don't what is.

That is ALL in the past and there is nothing any of us can do about it now. We cannot change history, only what we put in the text books.

None of this has anything to do with football and that is what this thread is supposed to be about. Some have gotten their feelings hurt and some are about to. Either way it goes I am out of this thread.