LaVergne's Hester resigns

graider1976

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been an avid reader of CoachT for years, but this is first time I have ever felt the need to post. In response to Lost Old Dad's ignorant comments regarding indentured servants and President Obama, what does your bigoted comments have to do with who will be the next coach at LHS. Keep that nonsense to a different forum. If you are the history guru you claim to be, then you should know the difference between a white indentured servant and a black slave and we are on here to talk football, not politics so leave Obama out of it.

So to get back on subject, Coach Hester is a nice guy and would make a good offensive coordinator, but could benefit working under a more experienced coach for a few years to learn how to teach discipline before taking on head coaching duties again. Coach Thompson would have been a good fit. Mr. Ash is a good principal will do a fine job. And we need to keep Landon and his dad for one more year. Go Rines :x

I used to like Lost Ole Dad too, until he started spewing the ole Southern Party Line on politics. Love people taking shots at someone who accomplished something that they couldn't have in 30,000 tries. If you aren't impressed with Ivy League scholars, as uppity as they may be at times, I question your logic. If I have my choice of surgeons or lawyers, I'll take the Harvard guy 9 times out of 10.

Back to the subject, I do agree with LOD that LaVergne needs a strong disciplinarian in charge of the campus as a whole and the football team as well. I actually think Will Hester is a fine young football coach, he was just put in a situation that a lot of young, ambitious guys would not succeed in.

Rutherford County should be ASHAMED at how much of a stepchild LaVergne's athletic programs are compared to the rest of the county. From the practice facilities on down, they aren't playing on an equal playing field. Heck, Antioch and Cane Ridge are Metro schools 4 miles away and both have better facilities for goodness sakes.

I will be very interested to see who they go after. I thought Ralph would have been an intriguing hire, but that looks unlikely now.

OK so now I am a raving Republican bigot just because I do not like the current president and Harvard.

If y'all can put YOUR prejudice away for a couple of minutes I will explain my reason. First off my dislike of the current President has NOTHING to do with race. It is the 'BAILOUTS'! It is the same reason I am also mad at Bush.

Second my liking John Hopkins over Harvard. John Hopkins pediatric (childrens Doctors) section is world reknowned. The head of the pediatric section is a wonderful religious man named Dr Carson. Y'all may have read about him in the book about him, "Gifted Hands". If you don't have time to read the book you can always rent the movie where Cuba Gooding Jr played Dr Carson!

Before anyone throws out their accusations against anyone about prejudice, I suggest a short prayer and a somber look at their own prejudices.

For those who do not like my opinions........TOUGH! I may not like yours either, but you ARE allowed to have them reguardless what ANY political party says.

I suggest when you look up indentured servants you also look up the definition of bigot. I believe you are getting it confused with racist.

Not to get off subject, but any new word on who the head coach of LHS will be? Do you think who ever it will be will continue to run the spread being that they may loose their QB and best WRs?

If Williamson already moved and Hodges is graduating, what top WR's could they lose besides that?

The top WR might be Deandre Ferby (sp?) who was All-County in middle school but will be big enough as a 9th grader to pull it off.

The next coach will need to get reserve hoops power forward Adrian Mahin to play football. He would be an immediate d-1 prospect in my opinion.

I guess when you don't support some one elses view you're a racist or bigot. Throw me in into the fire too. I agree with Lost Old Dad, some people are just plain stupid and don't like to listen to truth. There are slaves today, but you don't see those whinning doing anything to help them. They just want to bring up the past. There has been slaves all through-out history (black, white, asian, hispanic, female, male). But here in the North America, its just black I guess.

For Lavergne, they need to clean house. Literally, clean house. Knock down the building, rebuild all the facailities, and start fresh. Maybe then the kids from Lavergne will see more success. School isn't just about books, but a over-all community (learned that at MTSU). Learning, football, basketball, band, cheerleading, honor society, etc. Kick out the gang bangers and send them back to what ever whole they came from. Send them to jail and lock the doors. :blush: