LaVergne's Hester resigns

graider1976

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure where Rod lived but St.John Woods where Sonny live was rezoned to Smyrna around the time he started 10th grade if I recall correctly. Kids in that area could remain at LHS under a grandfather loophole if they chose - and lots of marching band kids of all things stayed at LHS instead of going to Smyrna. (this actually included several large neighborhoods east of I-24 and south of Rock Springs Road.) Ironically and little known - the same two years Smyrna won back-to-back 5a state football championships, LaVergne won the 5a marching band championships.

I'm not sure where Rod lived but St.John Woods where Sonny live was rezoned to Smyrna around the time he started 10th grade if I recall correctly. Kids in that area could remain at LHS under a grandfather loophole if they chose - and lots of marching band kids of all things stayed at LHS instead of going to Smyrna. (this actually included several large neighborhoods east of I-24 and south of Rock Springs Road.) Ironically and little known - the same two years Smyrna won back-to-back 5a state football championships, LaVergne won the 5a marching band championships.

It was also the same time that an EX Smyrna player became the Super that decided the zoning!

More than one way to skin a cat, but whichever way you do it the cat isn't going to think much of it!