LaVergne's Hester resigns

graider1976

Dirk is a great leader and a great principal to work for. La Vergne High is lucky to have him. I was fortunate to work under him right out of college and learned a great deal from him and later was offered to join him at LMS but didnt. He has an athletic background and I believe still puts on basketball camps in the summers. He has also been a football coach at I believe Smith Co. just as Beethoven said. Dirk will get this done quickly and efficiently. This may have been the best thing for La Vergne to happen in a long time.

As to the coach Murray would be a good choice. I think he was mentioned for the Siegel job.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

County giving Ash a lot of money to fix the facilities. It is believed he has spoke to Rankin DONT LAUGH! Ash and Rankin are boys seriously they worked together 10 yrs between Smith Co and Riverdale. Rankins son is a Jr to be and will be a great lineman i will keep everyone updated.

Point of irony #1) They wouldn't pour $$ into the school to fix it up the last few years with Daniels in charge...they always said "there was no money." (or said no problems existed)

Point of HUGE irony #2) 99% of the troublemakers at LHS are from LaVergne Middle, not Rock Springs or Stew Creek. And that's who gets the principal gig. Unreal.

County giving Ash a lot of money to fix the facilities. It is believed he has spoke to Rankin DONT LAUGH! Ash and Rankin are boys seriously they worked together 10 yrs between Smith Co and Riverdale. Rankins son is a Jr to be and will be a great lineman i will keep everyone updated.

Point of irony #1) They wouldn't pour $$ into the school to fix it up the last few years with Daniels in charge...they always said "there was no money." (or said no problems existed)

Point of HUGE irony #2) 99% of the troublemakers at LHS are from LaVergne Middle, not Rock Springs or Stew Creek. And that's who gets the principal gig. Unreal.

Hello! when they get to LMS from Waldron and LaVergne Lake they are on target at LMS they magically come off the state list then they get to LHS and drop out because they refused to make the kids act right so yes thats who they hired. Check test scores before you speak LMS was #1 in county among all the middle schools in test scores your probably the parent of a kid who is part of the problem

My kid who graduated from LHS with honors after taking all honors and a.p. classes is now on full scholarship in college and already made the Dean's list in the 1st semester and will be honored by the Scholars in Residence Program next week.

Care to post a link to back up your claim about LMS having the best students in the county? From what everybody says, that would be VERY hard to believe.

Now all LaVergne needs to do is fill the holes in the football field and put in enough stands on the visitors side that will hold more than just the band. A little gravel to park on would be nice also. Its not like there is a scarcity of gravel in Rutherford County. :popcorneater:

No, what they need to do is stop putting non-honors type students in the honors classes and totally rennovate the older wings of the building. The gym should be as good as the teams playing in it and it is not. There are lots of things that need $$ spent on it before anything to do with the visitors football stands.

This is a very delicate subject because it involves racism and discrimination. When you thought that these days are over we are wrong people, It is sad but this still goes on. This is my theory on the situation at LaVergne High School. Will Hester resigns in December & Torey Patterson is named intern Head Coach not to long after. Mr Daniels begins his search for a new Football coach and has a list of 3 finalist, 2 of whom are african-americans ( Torey Patterson and Maplewood HC). The last guy I believe is from Rhea Co who happens to be White. Mr.Daniels wants to hire a Black Football & Harry Gill Jr doesnt like either African American ( Rutherford Co has only had 1 Black Head Coach, The 1st coach of LaVergne), plus he uses prior police records to justify why he wont hire them. The coach from maplewood from my understanding had a DUI when he was in college but has been coaching in metro for 10 plus yrs. Torey Patterson had a charge of domestic assult and I believe these charges will be dropped. This was Gill Jr. way of weeding Mr.Daniels out because he didint want him to hire a black coach, SO he says the reason for Mr.Daniels stepping down was due to test scores. I believe this is some crap and then you bring in Dirk Ash Hello people the kids that come from LMS are not all model students that are at LHS & this is who you hire. Mr Gill Jr is getting Mr.Daniels out because he won that suit against Rutherford Co. Oh yeah not to mention Mr.Daniels did not hire Will Hester.....

Face It people this is the good ole boy system that do not want an african american head coach in this COUNTY. As far as I'm concerned Will Hester Record at LaVergne should have had him fired anyway. He has not won period. I understand you have to have a good staff & suppport from the admin also, but like Parcells said " YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD IS". And now I hear Will Hester will resume his head coaching duties at Lavergne. Torey Patterson emailed Mr Gill Jr about the intern title & his pay, but he wasnt trying to hear that. These people are crazy and not once have they thought about the kids. These kids are what matter not, not Mr Gill Jr. ego. How do you expect for these kids to play for Hester after this. I would file a lawsuit if I was Torey or the Coach from Maplewood. There is no grey area with right wrong And I'm sorry people but this situation is wrong. Why Why Why.... I do not care what anyone say these kids need a strong black man to look up to, hello but the team is mostly black with single parent homes. They do not trust easay & I'm sure they would feel more at home with a coach that could relate to them. A white man do not know what it is like to be black because the things black people have been through over the past 200 yrs prove that they can adapt to all situations. Slavery,segregation,rasism. This is so sad for the kids. Point blank Race should not matter anymore its 2010.