Pickett Co/Jackson Co

bobcatfan300

Speaking of transfers but don't Pickett County have a girl that transferred from Clinton County Kentucky? Do not they not also have a couple of other girls playing that played elementary ball in another county's school district? Is Pickett County really the homegrown team that has been posted here?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be confused but doesnt Pickett County have 3 All State players?

A team with 3 All State players should not lose a game.!

They were playing Jackson co. with last year's Miss Basketball...a transfer from Red Boiling Springs, and one of the teams favored to win the state this year. And, yes, PC should have beaten them, but didn't play for the first 12 minutes like they can. The rest of the way they did outscore JC.

The score could also be Jackson Co. 59 Pickett Co. 56 RBS 10

and last night Pickett Co. 58 Clarkrange 35 York 18 and Monterey 24

There has to be pride in having your own homegrown girls playing for you, instead of building teams with tranfers. Winning like that has to be a little hollow.

wonder if you feel that way about your boys and girls from KY and LA or overton co. and I noticed coach brown played 10 or 11 players or the score would have been a lot worse. And Leonard is going to MTSU not TTU which both schools are fine universities but just a fact that your assumptions are somewhat hollow

Speaking of transfers but don't Pickett County have a girl that transferred from Clinton County Kentucky? Do not they not also have a couple of other girls playing that played elementary ball in another county's school district? Is Pickett County really the homegrown team that has been posted here?

terrah has went to PC her entire life until her freshman year. she then moved to albany for the season, then moved back to PC her sophmore year...i don't know much..but she sounds like a true bobcat to me!

She may be a true bobcat but a transferred bobcat at that. What about the others? Just sayin it happens in Pickett County too and posters should remember before calling pots black while being the skillett.

Yeah some fans just can't accept transfers. I embrace it. I have no problem with Heady going to Clarkrange, no problem with Leonard going to JC. But Terrah went to Clinton Co. for one season because of the coaching situation, i think. That doesn't make her a transfer to me really. Gibson went to Clinton Co for a while in elementary school when her parents were teaching over there, don't consider that a transfer either. Fact is, this is the best team we've had in at least ten years, maybe longer. Everyone gets transfers, last year PC doesn't make it to state without Megan White, and where was she from? Livingston. Clarkrange will always get good players from York and Monterey, JC will get players for RBS and Macon Co., and PC will always get some transfers from LA and Clinton co. Thats just part of it. PC probably doesn't have that first state title without Melton and Meadows coming to PC instead of going to LA.

Sorry to you folks you have to deal with these PC fans that think PC has never accepted a transfer....

She may be a true bobcat but a transferred bobcat at that. What about the others? Just sayin it happens in Pickett County too and posters should remember before calling pots black while being the skillett.

Yeah some fans just can't accept transfers. I embrace it. I have no problem with Heady going to Clarkrange, no problem with Leonard going to JC. But Terrah went to Clinton Co. for one season because of the coaching situation, i think. That doesn't make her a transfer to me really. Gibson went to Clinton Co for a while in elementary school when her parents were teaching over there, don't consider that a transfer either. Fact is, this is the best team we've had in at least ten years, maybe longer. Everyone gets transfers, last year PC doesn't make it to state without Megan White, and where was she from? Livingston. Clarkrange will always get good players from York and Monterey, JC will get players for RBS and Macon Co., and PC will always get some transfers from LA and Clinton co. Thats just part of it. PC probably doesn't have that first state title without Melton and Meadows coming to PC instead of going to LA.

Sorry to you folks you have to deal with these PC fans that think PC has never accepted a transfer....

wow, hypocrite.

wow, hypocrite.

not a hippocrit, but a fan who tells it like it is you getum we getum and everyone else at one time or another getsum and the ones don't get the best always gripes and uses this as excuse for not winning.

Molly Heady is going to TTU on scholarship. Would that have happened at Monterey? No. Laken Leonard is going to MTSU. Would that have happened at RBS? No.

Each was already recognized as one of the best in Class A before transferring. Whether such transfers diminishes any success can be debated but that can't be, lack of exposure wasn't a problem. As for signing, I'm sure their college coaches were more interested in what they could do in AAU against other players with college potential, not what they could do against the average high schooler even in a good basketball area.

Molly Heady is going to TTU on scholarship. Would that have happened at Monterey? No. Laken Leonard is going to MTSU. Would that have happened at RBS? No.

Each was already recognized as one of the best in Class A before transferring. Whether such transfers diminishes any success can be debated but that can't be, lack of exposure wasn't a problem. As for signing, I'm sure their college coaches were more interested in what they could do in AAU against other players with college potential, not what they could do against the average high schooler even in a good basketball area.

Sorry, disagree. Had Heady stayed at Monterey she would have simply been the best player on a lousy team. That doesn't count for much. Coming to Clarkrange exposed her to girls just as good playing in a program geared to win. Tasha Phillips complimented Molly greatly as Tasha was usually doubled up allowing her to pass over to a single covered Molly who scored, and vice versa when Molly rec'd the double. At Monterey she would have been doubled all the time and not been nearly as proficient scoring, passing, etc. Her numbers would not have been nearly as impressive and and any college coach, had they even looked at her, would have had to think about her with regards to potential not production. At Monterey she would have seen her team bounced from the district in the first game (probably) and she could have enjoyed the region/state tournaments from the stands. She would not have rec'd the accolades she has, would have never been written up in the Herald/Citizen at all, and not have been nearly as highly regarded as she is now. The very same can be said for Leonard if she had stayed at RBS. Neither would have been state champions as they are now, and neither would have been as highly touted as they are now. Those are the facts. BTW, name one stater for Pat Summitt that played on a bad HS team? Name one from TTU or MTSU that came from traditionally horrible HS programs? They don't exist.

Are you really going to sit there and type Heady was an unknown at Monterey/in AAU?

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_104610.asp

Heady and Leonard were both all-state as freshmen. Whatever the cause of leaving, getting more attention shouldn't have been it.

> Girls

> Class A

> Tasha Phillips (Clarkrange)

> Kelli Reed (Clarkrange)

> Brooke Johnson (Cloudland)

> Abby Andrews (Collinwood)

> Kayla Hudson (Gleason)

Addy Greer (West Carroll)

> Erica Elleman (Grace Academy)

> Courtney Dyer (Jackson County)

> Morgan Faulkner (Madison)

> Anna Trull (McKenzie)

> Molly Heady (Monterey)

> Kayla Christopher (Oliver Springs)

> Laken Leonard (Red Boiling Springs)

> Rachel Glidden (Richland)

> Dameika Mitchell (Riverside)

> Macenze White (Santa Fe)

> Danielle Rector (Tennessee Temple)

> Jamie Vailes (Trinity Christian Academy)

> Lindsay Jones (Westmoreland)

> Sharita Jones (Westside)

She transferred to play for a winning program and to experience playing in the region and state tournaments. As as result she is now a district, region, and state champion and has received numerous personal awards which would have never happened at Monterey. As a by-product she received much more exposure and attention and signed with TTU after her junior year. Again, none of this would have happened had she not moved. Same for Leonard. These are simple facts that you cannot ignore as WE are using bandwidth now to talk about her, thus more exposure. How many people were talking about her being one of the best if not the best players in single A when she was at Monterey? None! Just look at the posts here about her since she moved. Obviously, she is receiving more exposure, it's right in front of your eyes.

Are you really going to sit there and type Heady was an unknown at Monterey/in AAU?

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_104610.asp

Heady and Leonard were both all-state as freshmen. Whatever the cause of leaving, getting more attention shouldn't have been it.

> Girls

> Class A

> Tasha Phillips (Clarkrange)

> Kelli Reed (Clarkrange)

> Brooke Johnson (Cloudland)

> Abby Andrews (Collinwood)

> Kayla Hudson (Gleason)

Addy Greer (West Carroll)

> Erica Elleman (Grace Academy)

> Courtney Dyer (Jackson County)

> Morgan Faulkner (Madison)

> Anna Trull (McKenzie)

> Molly Heady (Monterey)

> Kayla Christopher (Oliver Springs)

> Laken Leonard (Red Boiling Springs)

> Rachel Glidden (Richland)

> Dameika Mitchell (Riverside)

> Macenze White (Santa Fe)

> Danielle Rector (Tennessee Temple)

> Jamie Vailes (Trinity Christian Academy)

> Lindsay Jones (Westmoreland)

> Sharita Jones (Westside)

Monterey was 17-11 when she was a freshman and lost to Clarkrange by 3 in the postseason the next year. I wouldn't call those terrible teams, in any way.

The two being discussed made all-state as freshmen. I just don't understand how you're saying they needed more publicity. Everyone already knew who they were and more importantly college coaches already knew, even more from what they did in the summer I'm sure.

Before the usual "who cares if players transfer" folks jump in, I'm not even talking about whether transferring is good or bad, or any reasons these two left. I'm talking about the notion they needed to leave to get their names out. That's just incorrect.