district 8aaa predictions/region 4

redbird9

I have been thinking about this district as time closes in on the official start date and , to me, Franklin County is the big question mark this year. They were really young last year but very competitive. If everyone got a year better on their team, they could be pretty tough this year. Then again, I feel like this has been an underacheiving team much of the last decade. I think Franklin County is the only team not to make a region appearance over the last 10 years. Does anybody have any info. on how they have looked this offseason? Thanks.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure no one has any real data on Franklin County as they have been practicing indoors all off season. They have a volunteer assistant that has been running them through drills and getting them ready for this upcoming season. They've been keeping everything pretty tight lip. Does anyone know who the head coach is? All I know is that Morris and Dayett have been conducting practices. Since they are both volunteers, I don't think they would be able to be the head coach.

I have been thinking about this district as time closes in on the official start date and , to me, Franklin County is the big question mark this year. They were really young last year but very competitive. If everyone got a year better on their team, they could be pretty tough this year. Then again, I feel like this has been an underacheiving team much of the last decade. I think Franklin County is the only team not to make a region appearance over the last 10 years. Does anybody have any info. on how they have looked this offseason? Thanks.

The Tullahoma program has only been to one region appearance in 12 years. Stanley Bean is the new head coach. He was the coach in the early 90's or mid 90's. Both programs have been down. Tullahoma has no reason to be down that often. The coach after Jerry Mathis absolutley killed the program. In the 70's 80's and early 90's before Mathis retired the program was always one of the strongest in the state. The one year they got out of the district was all because of the morris kid.

I agree that Franklin County can be a sleeper. I don't know what Tullahoma had past their Lefty last year. Lincoln County will be without a Sharp player and it will hurt them drastically. Lawrence County will ride on the wings of defense defense defense. They can't afford to shoot themselves in the foot. Columbia has to prove they can win in the post season when it matters. Shelbyville will see what it is like to be human, not saying Brothers and Shaq aren't good because they are really good but no Cooper.

As a recruit of Coach Corn, I can tell you this: He is getting players who want to continue their baseball career. If someone is going to experiment with baseball and maybe hang up their cleats after 2 years then he doesn't want them. I wish I could have grown into a d1 player, and I have it in my mindset that its still what I want. I plan to work at a UT/Tusculum level at Columbia and make every college I ever talked to regret not signing me. I know that may be unrealistic, but it's my mindset and probably most of the other players mindset that Coach Corn recruits. I really don't care if I can't go out Friday night because baseball went until 7:30. Obviously when my coaches now say we have to run 2 miles for conditioning I don't cheer and give them a big hug, but I'd rather get better than just run ten sprints and go home. I can understand that players quit because they wanted to have fun their last two years in baseball, but for Coach Corn's players, it will be hard work.

People didn't expect to go to a small JUCO school and work like it was a D1 program. Coach Corn may have to give in a little as well as hard workers. He is not running a Tennessee program.

That is exactly the problem with too many players today. It is more about fun than working hard and getting better. Why does a Junior College program not have to work as hard as a D1 program. They both have the same goal don't they? Logically speaking, a J.C. program should work harder because they are working with less talented and/or developed players. Coach Corn doesn't do anything any different than any other WELL RUN program does. I am extremely thankful that I played at a high school that was run like a college program. I was so much more prepared than all of the other incoming Freshman my first year of college ball. Maybe the problem was that Coach Bratton ran a lazy program and it was just a big hock to everyone once they actually had to work a little bit.