Best 8th graders in the Middle TN area??

BigENS

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It easy said then done, must of then kids play on a team already. If someone could help me get intouch with these players I would appericate it very much. I'm not with a shoe company so I can not promise these kids anything. All I can promise that they will get what they put into.

here is a coaches name his name is Mark his # is 423-316-2482 he can get you in touch with most any kid in Chattanooga or Coach Long 423-645-3035 he knows everyone and I his son is Jordan Long the best p/g I have seen in years and James Rutlegde lives and playes for him.

• 3 months later...

I now this kid he is very raw can be boxed out by a 3 ft. kid great parents, great kid but the rawest ball player I have seen in AAU. He played a few games for us and we was just way over his level at the time but he can be good if his parents will leave him on a team. Even at 6'6 he need a lot of work.

YOU do not know my son! And if this is who I think it is...

I wouldn't let him play with or for you - no matter how much you begged me! He had better coaching choices at the time. His AAU coach (Marc) knew he had a knee injury and he is excited to have him back for next year. He played 12u AAU with the Knoxville Lakers and they won state AAU and was runner-up State YBOA that year! And the coach wanted to pay gas to have my son continue with them when we had to move here.

And the reason he was pulled off AAU last year was because he had to have microfracture surgery on his knee in May (a yr comeback - ask any NBA player who has had the surgery)! Nate who runs D1 - said it took him a year to get back full speed. His SM coach knew not to play him much this year and my son knew he could not jump nor could he change directions quickly on his knee - per doctor's orders or he would redamage the knee!

He has done his conditioning this last year, so save your judgements for someone who has actually coached him! So - we have not pulled him off any team except for a better coach and for injury purposes. Sorry - your son has not had as many offers and calls as mine leaving but the one choice for coach - yourself!

I guess you may have been talking about your own son who got around him(3 ft kid), huh? Really, didn't know any kid in AAU that was that short for 14u - sorry you are such a sorry loser (losing out on getting my son). I guess shortman syndrome runs hard in your family!

Be jealous of the height - be very jealous!

Edited by BignessMom

I have no problem when it come to developing players and if you can talk to his parents. Have them to call me 865-521-9183 or email at laboydballers@yahoo.com. I will be having try-out this weekend and maybe they can come by.

Thanks for the offer and encouragement. He had a VERY hard year with his microfracture surgery with some setbacks. We had several AAU coaches calling for him, but we decided (including his current coach) for him to sit out one full year before playing hard basketball. He has had some excellent PT and conditioning to get him in shape for the coming year of ball. Not only D1, but also some private training (and coaching). He is now hitting some 3s, but he is best in the paint - no one can reach him. He was moved up to play HS ball and is currently working out with them. We have even had a former NBA player wanting to train him some more - we are currently working out those schedules.

Thank you again for the offer and encouragement. That is what this board SHOULD be about - not tearing anyone down - these are just kids and they know how to get on the internet too!

Wade Eldridge:

6'5 incoming freshman to Livingston Academy. Can shoot the three, strong on the boards, nice touch from mid-range as well. Plays hard at and around the rim. Will be very good with the Ramseys and McCoin next year. Can really see time on the floor early on.

• 3 weeks later...

I am starting several players on my new program that will continue to the start of basketball season, and I was wonder if your son would be interest in join us. I can let you talk to several parents of the player and let them tell you how my program had help their kids in a short time. Give me a call at 865-300-4629.

Wade Eldridge:

6'5 incoming freshman to Livingston Academy. Can shoot the three, strong on the boards, nice touch from mid-range as well. Plays hard at and around the rim. Will be very good with the Ramseys and McCoin next year. Can really see time on the floor early on.

LA still has a McCoin? :D I assume he also plays football. I would guess qb. :)

Edited by wingman10

• 3 weeks later...

cynterius lyons of rock springs middle is one to look out for...he is 5'8 and can shoot the three ball with great speed and a strong body to complete plays at the rim..he went to Rick Bolus BlueChip Camp in Georgetown,Ky and finished as one of the top 8th graders in camp...They spelled is name as Centerius Lyons...also Yalen Reed...6'2 8th grader..probably going to lighthouse christian in antioch...Rick Bolus is one of the top scouts in the country very well known...read article....http://www.angelfire.com/ky/prephoops/blog/

Edited by thompsmd

• 4 months later...