Father Ryan Lady Irish Basketball

fiftyfifty

The lady irish has bought into their second year coaches game plan and now they have a team. They have at least four players capable of scoring in double figures. They are 10-3 with a Overton Tournament championship under their belt. Next game Harpeth Hall at Ryan. The Lady Irish hustle hard, never give up, and should be proud of their efforts. :thumb:

Jason Larkin does a great job with Ryan. The school is lucky to have quality coaches with their girls and boys teams. If I remember correctly, there were many people that were less than thrilled when Larkin was hired on the girls side, looks like things have worked out great for all!

I know that Ryan gets a few out of Williamson County too, Yontz is a WilCo product.

Congrats to the Lady Irish and Coach Larkins...

Question: Where do most of Ryan basketball players come from as far as feeder schools? Mixed? St Henry's? etc? Just Curious if anyone knows

The majority of players comes from the various parochial schools, some come from other middle schools, not the majority. :roflolk:

Jason Larkin does a great job with Ryan. The school is lucky to have quality coaches with their girls and boys teams. If I remember correctly, there were many people that were less than thrilled when Larkin was hired on the girls side, looks like things have worked out great for all!

I know that Ryan gets a few out of Williamson County too, Yontz is a WilCo product.

If I remember correctly, it was the manner in which the dismissal of the former coach was handled, not that Larkin could not do the job. :roflolk:

Congrats to both Coach Larkin and Coach Sneed... it's nice to have two great teachers and individuals who work hard at it with their girls everyday! While I am proud of the Lady Irish, both coaches would be the first to tell you they still have a long way to go, but I will put these two up against any coach around. It wasn't a "big name" hire at the time that some people expected but it is clear the administration did their due diligence and got it right!! GO LADY IRISH!!!

Congrats to both Coach Larkin and Coach Sneed... it's nice to have two great teachers and individuals who work hard at it with their girls everyday! While I am proud of the Lady Irish, both coaches would be the first to tell you they still have a long way to go, but I will put these two up against any coach around. It wasn't a "big name" hire at the time that some people expected but it is clear the administration did their due diligence and got it right!! GO LADY IRISH!!!

Big names mean nothing to me. I posted a long time ago that Jason would be a good coach, no surprise there, and then to add Sneed to the staff only makes it better. I just hope that if things ever do go sour, that the administration doesn't relieve them of their coaching duties and fire them from the school as well, as happened to the former coach. Its a matter of opinion about whether that action was right or wrong. I guess knowing a person for a very long period of time professionally and non professionally for some people mean very little. :)