Lewis County vs Hickman County

seriously

This should be an awfully good matchup. As of today, 1/5, I know that both teams are undefeated in the district and tied for first. I noticed on a recent post that someone said that Hickman County doesn't have a "go to" person. I suppose in some ways this is true, but I don't think its a bad thing. This Lady Dawg team is probably the most balanced squad that Coach Barrett has had during his time in Centerville. It is sure a lot easier to defend a team with one "go to" player than it is to defend one who can go 7 or 8 deep. The Hickman team philosophy is to simply take one game at a time, which means they have to deal with Perry County and Spring Hill this week first ..... both teams which are very dangerous opponents. It will be great if both Lewis and Hickman can go into the game on 1/12 undefeated in the district. Hopefully, Hickman County will bring a large contingent to Panther Country to see a great game. See you there!

I think you are right this has always been a good game between the two.I will have to say I believe that Lewis Co. has a pretty balanced team to.I think the matchup will depend on who's on and who can keep the turnovers low.I would like to say good job in the Wayne Co game.Keep it up let's prove some wrong

Just wondering how the little snow lay off will affect this game Tuesday between these two undefeated teams in district play. Im sure both squads have gotten in some practices while out of school. Looks like the edge might go to Lewis County as they are coming off a great win against a good Wayne County team. Hickman County's last game was a close loss at home to Perry County. According to the boxscore, it looks like Hickman did not play very well against the Lady Vikings with a major let down in the second quarter where they were outscored by 13 points or so. That being said, I suppose if the Lady Dawgs were able to keep it close in the end in spite of playing poorly, they certainly don't need to be counted out of this matchup. Hope the snow melts and this district contest goes on as scheduled.

All I can say is WOW! I can't imagine a better girls game played in the mid-state than this one last night in Lewis County. There is no question that the fans got their money's worth, and then some. Both games, including the boys, went right down to the wire. You have to wonder if the release of the state polls (Lewis #10) gave HC a little extra incentive and motivation going into this game. This contest was hard fought from beginning to end. The game was tied at the half and Im not sure that either side ever held more than a 5 or 6 point lead at any time. The Hohenwald gym is a great environment for basketball. The fans for both sides did a super job of providing a loud atmosphere throughout and showed great sportsmanship. Hickman missed several chip-ins early on which might have helped them jump out to more of a lead than they did. Lewis is certainly a very aggressive team on both ends of the floor. I thought HC did a pretty good job of breaking through that tough LC full court press that gives so many teams problems. No doubt, Coach Helton and Coach Barrett did a great job with their teams and they should be proud of their kids efforts. The most exciting thing may be that this is only the first meeting between these teams this year. Lewis will travel to Centerville on Feb. 5 and one could certainly see the possibility for another game or two as they get into tournament play. Congrats to both teams, coaches and fans for a wonderful night of high school basketball!