12aa/region6 predictions/ top players to watch

40n81

Predictions for week one:

MC vs Page: MC sweep

Lewis vs Giles: Split

SH vs Fairview: Split

East vs Hickman: Sweep East

I have not had the opportunity to get around the ball fields to see these guys play, but from what I hear MC is back on their game. They had a down year last year and gave teams like SH and Page an opportunity to advance into the playoffs. A strong onpening day performance from Chapman last night shows that they are ready to district champs in 2010.

Did not know what to expect from Lewis County this season, but after the contest last evening, I would say they could fight for that 3 spot with SH (remember they split two seasons ago). They are led by the great bat of Ammons, watch out for these guys they are going to make some people sad. I really thought Giles would be stronger.

Spring Hill is down, lost all arms and from what I hear thier side arm kid has been knocked around in the pre-season. Have no idea who they could possibly be throwing today.... too bad Brannam is gone, he was fun to watch.

For the rest, I don't know... Best of luck to you all.

GO _ _ _ _ _ _!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't count out SH so soon. They have several young arms and Walton the side arm kid will be just fine during the season. Also SH has several good bats in the line up that will put up runs. Remember everyone tried and tried to count out SH last year and they won the district. I'm not saying SH will win the district again this year but they won't give it up easy either. Good luck to all teams!

game at HC cancelled for reasons unknown. But tonight HC comes to EAST and this should be a good game. can someone tell me what the rule is for a district games to be rained out and the next time they play dont they or should`nt they play a double header like Fairview and SH is doing ? and if the coach is worried about gate money he can save what he was paying umpires. seems like a no brainer .

I dont understand why they cancelled the game, the field in HC was fine.I have my suspicions though. A double header would make sense, gate money ???? who cares...There will be just as many HC fans as East, (same county, 15 miles away) I would vote let HC keep all the gate money outside of umpire fees if thats the case .Or play Wednesday. Since it is spring break for HC County school systems and I know several people planned the spring break around the scheduled games( including our family), many familys have plans the rest of the week on both teams. I heard that HC wants to play Friday, but that just wont work for us, hopefully our coach will give him some dates that work for all, later in the season. If not East will be down several starters. My son Graduates bootcamp Friday from the Coast Guard in New Jersey, no way are we missing that to play LUDAWG and company. I hope our Coach gets it all worked out.

East got it handed to them tonight 17-3 . I hate to say it, but it was flat out embarrasing, . I dont even want to begin where the mistakes were made, but they were plenty. Basic fundamental baseball was lacking, pitching, poor effort and making routiene plays was absent with our team tonight. All we can do is support our team and hope this has woke some people up. It is disheartening to wait all these years for what should be our seniors shining moment, to watch them go out like this. East is in a big hole and its going to take some soul searching to get out of it.I truly hope things turn around, but what I seen tonight, East will be lucky to win one game.

East got it handed to them tonight 17-3 . I hate to say it, but it was flat out embarrasing, . I dont even want to begin where the mistakes were made, but they were plenty. Basic fundamental baseball was lacking, pitching, poor effort and making routiene plays was absent with our team tonight. All we can do is support our team and hope this has woke some people up. It is disheartening to wait all these years for what should be our seniors shining moment, to watch them go out like this. East is in a big hole and its going to take some soul searching to get out of it.I truly hope things turn around, but what I seen tonight, East will be lucky to win one game.

easteaglebaseball - don't get your head down too much... hang in there. I know taking a loss like that hurts but there is still a lot of baseball yet to be played. Tomorrow is a new day. Maybe everything will get better before you know. Good luck to you!

You can count page out if they continue what they have started. To my knowledge they played two intersquad games and the jv team beat the varsity team both games. regardless if they were trying or not nathan browns got some issues over there. and gross will not be as effective this year as you may think. unless he can throw 35 games this year. there is no way they beat spring hill :angry:

and gross will not be as effective this year as you may think. unless he can throw 35 games this year. there is no way they beat spring hill :angry:

Well, I did not think I would ever admit this but I believe you are right. They will not beat SH, from what I can tell. I thought SH would have no pitching this season, looks as if I am wrong. I do not believe they can hit as well as they have in the past. I now think they will finish second behind MC. I would like to know more about this pitcher with the no-hitter, did he just transfer in or has he been flying under the radar? Willie, does your kid continue to play at SH or did he graduate?

and gross will not be as effective this year as you may think. unless he can throw 35 games this year. there is no way they beat spring hill :thumb:

Well, I did not think I would ever admit this but I believe you are right. They will not beat SH, from what I can tell. I thought SH would have no pitching this season, looks as if I am wrong. I do not believe they can hit as well as they have in the past. I now think they will finish second behind MC. I would like to know more about this pitcher with the no-hitter, did he just transfer in or has he been flying under the radar? Willie, does your kid continue to play at SH or did he graduate?

My kids are not old enough to play at SHHS yet.

The pitcher (Teal) that threw a no hitter is a Jr. He has been on the team the last 2 seasons. He has mainly thrown in JV games and maybe a few non-district games. He hasn't flown under the radar. He has just been behind some very talented pitchers that threw district games such as Branham, Cartwright, Walton, T. Bigler, Woody, etc...

Teal and Petty have emerged at this point as the district starters. Walton will continue to be the closer.

and gross will not be as effective this year as you may think. unless he can throw 35 games this year. there is no way they beat spring hill :thumb:

Last year you were totally against Spring Hill and this year you have some nice things to say about them. I'm proud of you, you have made some great strides and a tremendous effort to be nice on this board. For once I would like to agree with you on a couple of things: 1- My personal oppinion is Spring Hill will beat Page, in two tough-hard faught games. 2- they will beat Marshall County in two tough games. If Spring Hill gets beat in district, it would be by Giles (not saying Giles is the best, they always give Spring Hill more than they want and Spring Hill goes into a trance when they play, a scarry game for Spring Hill fans). The kid that threw the No No, has come along way. Way to go Brax.

I saw Marshall and Page play Monday night, Chapman and Gross are pretty dang good. Chapman has had some major improvements since last year. His velosity is up a few and Gross is about the same. Good pitcher and should win a few this year. Not alot of offense in that game though.

Best of luck to all teams in 12AA this season!