Malware Download Disguise

compusatman

While viewing the Scott Smith leaving Science Hill thread I was prompted by a popup that I had potential malware and viruses. Any action or the lack of was followed by a screen with a proposed virus/malware scanner already in action. The action is not to scan for anything but instead is an immediate download of potential trouble. I immediately shut down the computer by killing power. This is not good for a computer but no other action will work. Upon restarting I opted into Safe Mode and proceeded to empty the cache for Cookies, Temp file, and Temporary Internet Files for all registered users of said 'puter. Iomoz, can you please look into this. Anyone reading this understand if you allow this download you will have to revert at least one day in System Restore if you are not savy in dealing with malware.

It tried to hit me Tuesday also. Luckily I have seen it on here before as it completely shut down my puter before I got my current spyware preventer. It does seem to be coming back almost daily. I do not care if folks like to watch XXX sites, but like ANY social disease I do NOT want to catch it from you!

Iomoz it IS a problem on here and has cost me OVER $300 in having to have my computer fixed alone!

Some of these pop-ups are just plain annoying too!!! That BCS 101 commercial pops every time on every board even when I try to type!! There is no since in that! Plus it has a vocal component that is loud! I wouldn't do anything with that website just because of the annoying factor that I am receiving here. So it defeats the purpose of an ad.

Personally I use a mac and haven't had any problems with malware since I switched over. However, I lost two computers due to that virus the past two years. I am glad to here it wasn't just me.

I was trying to read an article on the Chattanooga TimesFreePress site sports section about a couple of Mocs hoops players coming back from injuries and had something called "Total PC Defender" pop up that the mcAfee instantly recognized as bogus. I went into all programs and removed it, restarted and ran the full mcAfee virus scan. Watch out for this dangerous virus.

The BCS Chegg.com pop-up hits me every time I am in the Scott Smith thread. that woman's voice is really annoying. At times there has been a "close" box to rid it, but most of the time it is not available to close the blasted thing.

I always wondered why companies used aggravating types of ads. Well, today I saved $204.15 renting my daughter's books from chegg.com and I would not have noticed them if they used conventional banner ads.

If you mouse over the ad the "X" shows up to stop the ad.