Baylor v.s. McCallie, This year should be good

bigblu1

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then under Silverpie's "all six-pointers are equal" criteria, it looks like Baylor would still have won had Duncan been able to get the extra two team points awarded for a pin at 152 and the score ended at 38-38. There were no a., b. or c. For d., matches were even at 7-7. Move to e. and each had 3 falls, each had one injury default, but Baylor had the only forfeit. So, in the event the match had been tied at the end, it looks like the forfeit at 112 would have decided the match for Baylor. Thankfully, due to the the Baylor 152 avoiding getting pinned by Duncan, it did not have come to that.

Exactly Right

Then under Silverpie's "all six-pointers are equal" criteria, it looks like Baylor would still have won had Duncan been able to get the extra two team points awarded for a pin at 152 and the score ended at 38-38. There were no a., b. or c. For d., matches were even at 7-7. Move to e. and each had 3 falls, each had one injury default, but Baylor had the only forfeit. So, in the event the match had been tied at the end, it looks like the forfeit at 112 would have decided the match for Baylor. Thankfully, due to the the Baylor 152 avoiding getting pinned by Duncan, it did not have come to that.

Exactly Right

It just totally baffles me that everyone is talking like Duncan failed at something. Fact is, he won his match. He tried to get the pin, but Craig refused to lay down. It happens. But everyone seems to forget that he won his match, and did his part. Bonus points are just that. This is just a child, and everyone is acting like he failed at something. My goodness, that is just amazing.

Geez, if you ask me, the forfeit at 112 is what should be talked about. Take that away, and give Baylor a decision and you have yourself a different winner.

Your right 2blLeg. The problem lies with the fact that the blue squad has such a storied history of the forfeit that folks have come to expect them. Also you must consider that great success brings great expectations, for Duncan and everyone else. Sort of wrestling's double edged sword.

Your right 2blLeg. The problem lies with the fact that the blue squad has such a storied history of the forfeit that folks have come to expect them.

Understand that. But, if you want to look for a big reason for the loss, than that is really the only place to look. Just a bad decision on their part to give up 6 without a fight. It's definitly not Duncan's way of winning.

To me, the credit goes to Craig for fighting out of several pinning opportunities. Could have sworn the cradle in the 1st period was going to get the mat slapped. But dang, that kid had guts to hang in there.

Would've Could've Should've.......

Certainly Duncan won his match, win is a win is a win, several other things also

could have changed the direction of this match. Now I don't think anybody was saying that about

last years match. McCallie put up a much improved performance.

Why put weight on the shoulder of one kid, just because he is a stud and was expected to pin.

You can change the should of's ten different ways in this match with ten different out comes.

It was a much improved performance that made it fun to watch, I think we will all get a couple of more

years here with close good match ups..... :popcorneater: