Baylor v.s. McCallie, This year should be good

bigblu1

Appears I have struck a wrestle90 nerve????

If the 40 something to 20 something guessers are so unknowledgable, give us a plausable senario to support your position. How many times in a row has Watson pinned Westbrook including the one 3 days ago? But this time its only going to be a major decision? The real question at 125 is will the blue even send Helton out to wrestle. Your hanging your hat also on a wrestler who left the sport 3 years ago to reappear with a victory? Hookers lost the last 2 to Dostor but not the next one? Clements off of a month long injury beats a healthy Cate? Martino limped out of Atlanta with an iced knee - will he heal in time? 6'-4" cradle machine Helton won't do it to 5'-7" Satterfield? Hard to comprehend all of this coming true even for those with blue colored glasses.

Most of us are somewhat reasonable if presented with a believeable argument.

Good luck to both teams. The event is always fun regardless of the team score.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ynotme - Whynotyou? Because apparently you know nothing! Good enough answer for you? See past your apparently huge bias and jump off your high horse and while you're at it, maybe you could start paying attention to actual wrestling! While your comment is cute, it's highly inaccurate. While it may be hard for YOU to finally realize this match will be closer than most years, those of us that have actually been paying attention to the season and are knowledgeable of the two teams have realized the possibility of a much closer match for some time now. But hey guess what, although I may predict a closer match every year, I'm always right! It's always closer. So once again, cute comment, but take it and shove. Thanks!

Wrestle90 you are promising a closer match than we have seen in previous years. Does that mean you are already admitting defeat?

It doesn't mean anything actually. I've never sat on this board and right out claimed a victory for either team. That's not my place to do. That's the boys place to do on Friday night. You can look at this match on paper. You can look at this match strategically in your head. You can look at this match through blue colored glassed or red colored glasses. But none of this matters. What happens Friday is all that matters.

The fact that all you Baylor folk think that once a win is always a win when it comes to certain match ups (Watson v Westbrooks, Doster v Hooker) is sad. To say a kid couldn't possibly beat another kid just because of history is actually ignorant. I remember an instance a few years back when Lee Connell, coach's son, had lost every match he wrestled that year to a kid from Father Ryan. They must have met four times during the season and the Ryan kid always came out on top each time. Chances of Connell winning another state championship his senior year looked extremely poor. He never gave up though. If you're a true wrestling fan, you remember very vividly that 152 lb finals match that year. And guess who won after being beaten by the same kid over and over all season long? Yeah - so quit with the improbabilities of winning against someone who continues to beat you. There are no absolutes.

This will be a good match. And yes, closer than past years. With surprises and all. But I refuse to submit to Baylor so easily. There's just something so disgusting about that.

A little bird said this may be the match ups?

Elsea p. Standefer M 6-0

Ward p. Eady M 12-0

Watson p. Westbrooks M 12-6

Bryant p. Helton B 12-12

Manley p. Silberman B 18-12

Hayes p. Martin B 24-12

Doster p. Cobb B 30-12

Hooker d. Cate B 30-15

Clements d. Craig B 30-18

Duncan p. Bodine B 30-24

Martino p. Bullard B 30-30

Ferguson p. Prevost B 36-30

Helton p. Satterfield B 42-30

Mackey p. Kinch B 48-30

A little closer, but still no satisfaction for the blue. No way to juggle the lineup enough to avoid the pins by Watson, Manley, Hayes, Furguson, Helton, and Mackey.

What weight class does the blue team hope the match starts with? Since its a blue home match, anybody giving odds that it starts at the blue's desired weight?

It's a 1 in 14 shot at what they start at the coaches/referees draw for the weight class. I guess there is a magical way of the draw that gives the home team the weight class they desire. Sounds stupid to me, I'm sure they will start at a weight class that is drawn randomly in front of both coaches.

90 - a certain past red wrestling manager claims to have been told by a certain 4 time blue state champion that the ballet box was stuffed for a past match. Based on the blue's history (death penalty) such a claim is not beyond believable. Maybe it was all a big joke by the blue alum wrestler attempting to impress a pretty girl? Do the boys ever tell you stories to get your attention?

90 - a certain past red wrestling manager claims to have been told by a certain 4 time blue state champion that the ballet box was stuffed for a past match. Based on the blue's history (death penalty) such a claim is not beyond believable. Maybe it was all a big joke by the blue alum wrestler attempting to impress a pretty girl? Do the boys ever tell you stories to get your attention?

Hold your tongue. You get on here and make a name for yourself two days ago and then add crap that helps nothing but harms everything. Your insinuations are horrible. How dare you throw a cheating label on McCallie of all places! You Baylor people will believe whatever you want to believe, and what you want to believe is the horrible, corrupt nature in McCallie and specifically their coach. Well I'm sorry, but all you do is spread pathetic rumors in order to tryand make yourselves feel better and take the limelight off your team and your own cheating habits.

And cute insinuation there at the end of your post. But save your cute comments for someone who wants to hear them because your 'wittiness' is lost on me.

I wasn't saying anything like that, just standing up for the coaches and referees ynotme was trying to say that the blue or any home team for that matter gets there choice of where the match starts which is bs. It's people like that, that start bs up and have no idea about wrestling and if someone beats someone on a certain day they are going to say that they cheated. They can't just handle defeat. This match will be a good one and could go either way no matter where they start. I'll have the best seat in the house.