Boy's Basketball Head Coaching Jobs

jucoguru

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one job that needs to become open is the ELizabethton High Boys Basketball! Marty and his "coaching staff" has done nothing but bring embarrassment to the boys program. They have no motivation and not an ounce of fire on the sideline. Street does not make use of his players in key moments. He has a couple of stand-out shooters on the bench that he never allows to touch the court. The final straw for most fans, alumni, and parents when street allowed a player to come out after half-time wearing a white shirt over top of his uniform. That shows zero respect not only for street, but Elizabethton in general. Its time for a change in coaching. For a coach that demands respect and knows how to use his line-up. Anyone that has encountered the cyclones over the past 4 seasons knows they have had talent to succeed but have had zero coaching as well as no preparation. Maybe after another loosing season against schools half our size the school board will finally realize its time to say good-bye to street!

thats like a cyclone to have to have no respect for their school and players. Dosent matter what the coaching staff has done you dont have a right to get on here and bash them. Now im not from elizabethton nor like elizabethton but i think that the coaching staff deserve more respect than that. especially since their putting their time in coaching those boys. Seriously learn some respect or get off coacht. dry.gif

thats like a cyclone to have to have no respect for their school and players. Dosent matter what the coaching staff has done you dont have a right to get on here and bash them. Now im not from elizabethton nor like elizabethton but i think that the coaching staff deserve more respect than that. especially since their putting their time in coaching those boys. Seriously learn some respect or get off coacht. dry.gif

Respect is earned not given, coacht is the place to voice an opinion, you dont have to agree with it. If your not from elizabethton or know anything about them, then you need not comment on things you know nothing about. And it does matter what the coaching staff has done. They are hired to teach and develop kids into ball players. If they are not doing that properly then they need to give it up and move on.

The post about Perry County was meant to be a joke. They have a really good team and David Lee does a great job coaching that team. I think that have an excellent chance to get to the State Tournament this year, but you never know. A lot of people in Perry County try to take credit for their State Championships. 3 only have that right: Albert Ellison, Mike Rhodes, and Kurt Hastings. Let the players play, let David Lee coach, and just support the team and it will all work out.

sir i do have respect for Elizabethton High School Athletics. But when a coach allows a player to come out wearing a white tee shirt over the top of his uniform what kind of respect does this coach show for the program? If this was to occur at Hampton would that not light a fire under your fans? i will admit to you that Hampton monday night played lights out and deserved the win. they were prepared and executed to the tee. Elizabethton has yet to play to their full ability due to their lack of preparation. A good coach will find a way to motivate his players and get their motors running to come out with fire and passion to play to the best of their abilities. I have the upmost respect for coaches that dedicate their time and knowledge in shaping student athletes;coaches that give every ounce of their energy in trying to make the program a better place than the found it. Sir if you were at the contest monday you would have seen the gym slam packed for the girls contest on both home and away sides. As soon as the girls games were finished the the gym cleared on the betsy side. This program was at one time one of the elite programs in the area where the gym would be packed night in and night out. Their needs to be a change at the helm of betsy. A change that the football boys have adopted a "return to dominance." We need a coach that has the passion and love for the game as well as wanting to mold young men like coach witten has brought to the football program. like a fellow coach t blogger said respect is earned not given. GO CYCLONES!!!!!!

I have seen alot of basketball played over the course of my time and I can tell you it is very watered down. The speed,size,strength "Etc" To put it in a better perspective these kids are varsity players if you cant get fired up on your own to compete night in and night out you might want to take up a newer hobby. To make my point brief I will say that Elizabethton's program is going through a cycle that many programs go through at some point. No they do not have players like a Vince Redd who could score at will or combo guards like Lester Bailey,Walter Brown or Bj Miller but thats part of basketball. You will have years like that where your program is down but it's the players job to step up and change that. Coach Street,Coach Mckessen and Coach Babb has got a good group of freshman and Sophmores that are showing promise but the fans and the program has to be patient and give them a chance. But if you think that the coaching is bad shouldn't you be asking your A.D why they didn't hire Ned Smith from Cloudland when the position was open the first time? :oops:

The post about Perry County was meant to be a joke. They have a really good team and David Lee does a great job coaching that team. I think that have an excellent chance to get to the State Tournament this year, but you never know. A lot of people in Perry County try to take credit for their State Championships. 3 only have that right: Albert Ellison, Mike Rhodes, and Kurt Hastings. Let the players play, let David Lee coach, and just support the team and it will all work out.

Thats Kirk Haston and he nor either of those other two guys did it on their own. Yes they were huge pieces of it and were the stars of their teams but their was some key and I mean key contributors on all those teams. I agree Lee does a good job and he has some real good talent.

I have seen alot of basketball played over the course of my time and I can tell you it is very watered down. The speed,size,strength "Etc" To put it in a better perspective these kids are varsity players if you cant get fired up on your own to compete night in and night out you might want to take up a newer hobby. To make my point brief I will say that Elizabethton's program is going through a cycle that many programs go through at some point. No they do not have players like a Vince Redd who could score at will or combo guards like Lester Bailey,Walter Brown or Bj Miller but thats part of basketball. You will have years like that where your program is down but it's the players job to step up and change that. Coach Street,Coach Mckessen and Coach Babb has got a good group of freshman and Sophmores that are showing promise but the fans and the program has to be patient and give them a chance. But if you think that the coaching is bad shouldn't you be asking your A.D why they didn't hire Ned Smith from Cloudland when the position was open the first time? :|

I am an EHS alum and fairly familiar with the situation. I don't know any of the current staff personally and have no axe to grind. To anyone that knows basketball, and particularly EHS basketball, it's obvious there are issues. There have been valid points made on this thread on both sides. However, to blame the overall performance during the current staff's tenure on "going through a cycle" is a gross over simplification of the problem. The collective talent available during this period was/is capable of much better. I believe the primary contributors to the continuous underachievement to be 1) a lack of discipline and 2) lack of preparation. In order to be successful at the high school level I believe the coach must demand discipline at practice and during the games. Anyone that has watched this team play more than once over the last 3 years can see this is not the case. Secondly, no matter the level of talent that a coach has (and EHS has had good talent during this time), he must prepare the team in order to be successful. Practicing 1-1.5 hours a day and taking every weekend off will not cut it at this level. Again, all one has to do is look at the scheduled competition and collective record over the past 3 years to draw a similar conclusion. Just my 2 cents...

I do agree that Ned Smith would have been a better hire. However, to blame the AD on this one is probably not fair (BTW - I don't know who the current AD endorsed before making the last hire). Anyone that knows anything about the ECS system knows the Director makes the decisions on these things (and he doesn't always go with the recommendation from the selection committee). Additionally, you can bet your britches that having a successful basketball program at EHS is not high on his list of priorities. Consequently, I seriously doubt anything will be done about the situation. There's 2 more cents worth...