WHAT HAPPENS NOW AT EAST AND CENTRAL?

bearcat100

If everything we hear is true,and Ralph Nelson does indeed go with Stacy to Science Hill,and Scott Nelson Follows,what does East and Central do? So far it has gone down like most everyone thought. Does East and Central promote from within or are we in for another round of guessing. I hear a coach from Georgia is very interested in coming. He is a native of the Tri-Cities and a former Head Coach at one of the Knoxville schools. Anyone care to dive in on this one?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everything we hear is true,and Ralph Nelson does indeed go with Stacy to Science Hill,and Scott Nelson Follows,what does East and Central do? So far it has gone down like most everyone thought. Does East and Central promote from within or are we in for another round of guessing. I hear a coach from Georgia is very interested in coming. He is a native of the Tri-Cities and a former Head Coach at one of the Knoxville schools. Anyone care to dive in on this one?

I don't know much about East,but if anybody can keep the kids in the Central system,they will have a winner .A couple of my friends have kids there are headed that way,and they are both excited about a possible change

Update: am hearing that Ralph Nelson will be leaving East ASAP to get started at Science Hill and that Scott Nelson will join the staff as soon as school is out in May. Also hearing that East Assistant and D-coordinator Rusty Harrison may end up at South,taking Stacy's old job and joining the coaching staff there. That leaves Coach Reynolds and Coach Hughes and one other full time assistant. I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Anybody out there heard anything different?

I don't know Rusty Harrison and he very well may have a close relationship with Coach Haynie so something could be in the works. But I doubt it. South doesn't need anyone else. They have all they need in what is leftover from Stacy's staff. No need to spend more money on another salary because the way I see it everything is covered. As far as Central is concerned they won't hire from within because there is no one worth hiring. I am not familiar with the situation at East. I can't say Ralph and Scott won't go because they probably need to go because Stacy needs some help. But I will be very surprised if they both get a slot at the Hill. All eyes will be on that situation because I believe Stacy's livelihood will depend on how this situation washes. But I don't see Stacy coming away from it with egg on his face. He's a bit too shrewd for that.

I am a former player at East, and have been a lifelong supporter. We are starting to hear the name of Matt Chandler coming to East. He has been a head coach at John Battle, was a long time Defensive Coordinator at East under Jon White during the mid to late 1990s and early 2000s, and is on Greg Stubbs' staff at Tennessee High. I would say that he has been with THS for close to 10 years. We loved Coach Chandler. He is very intense and really cared about us. Some of us that played for him would love for him to come back to East.

If I were Central I look at two people, choice number one is Chaz Seeger from Holston. Annual success and kids loved playing for him, choice number 2 would be witten at John Battle. No clue if he would be interested at all, but from what I have been told he has done a good job turning that program around, he also has a name that could get kids excited. The potential at Central is there, and they also will have the best qb in the area next year in my opinion.

East may promote from within. Some good coaches under Ralph there.

I think Central needs to look outside. If Krantz ends up coaching there will be revolt. But I dont see that happening.

Comp, IMO you have too much faith in Jordan. It was easy for him when he was at Colonial Heights, just give it to Curt, or Crowe, and then Fletcher. Jordan contributed to the poor playcalling at South under Carter. To what extent we do not know. But, He needs to stay at as position coach. The kids do love him and from what I hear, he's the one you hear at practice. haha Good guy but not the OC. That leaves South needing an Offensive mind/coordinator.

Their going to build a truck stop where Central High School is located. Don't know where the kids will go to school.

I heard that too WaCo. But the kids won't go to school. The latest newflash says a jail is going to be out back to hold all the drug salesman so they won't have to cross the highway to Carolina Pottery. Seeger could handle them in middle school but his players get to Central and find women, liquor and drugs and football don't hold much interest! Pity the sucker who ends up there.

I think Central needs to look outside. If Krantz ends up coaching there will be revolt. But I dont see that happening.

Comp, IMO you have too much faith in Jordan. It was easy for him when he was at Colonial Heights, just give it to Curt, or Crowe, and then Fletcher. Jordan contributed to the poor playcalling at South under Carter. To what extent we do not know. But, He needs to stay at as position coach. The kids do love him and from what I hear, he's the one you hear at practice. haha Good guy but not the OC. That leaves South needing an Offensive mind/coordinator.

Pudding, I love you man and you were a tremendous advocate for my son...even (especially) against DB in 2006. But You're wrong. Hunter Jordan didn't call the punt on forth and one against Columbia...twice. Hunter Jordan didn't call 1st down dive, 2nd down trap, 3rd down pass identically every series against Columbia. Someone else did. In 2008 at Niswonger Bay in the freezing cold Hunter didn't give the ball 4 times in a row to TF in overtime knowing they were keying on him...granted he broke the plane on 3rd down (but that is irrelevant). And most importantly, Hunter didn't call Bunch roll out sweep on 75% of the calls at Maryville meanwhile TF walked away with 125yards in 13 carries. That's 3 carries a quarter. They couldn't stop him. They weren't keying on him. They didn't know who he was. I garantee you if Hunter were calling the plays he would have given it to TF until the cows come home or at least until he put points on the board and it took the pressure off Curt. Oh but I bet you missed that game. Fact is, yes I'm a diehard HJ fan...period. He is the coach that can get through to the problem children like...the David Oakley's, the Dustin Greere's, and the Matthew Crowe's of the world to name a few. He is not stubborn. He is an offensive mind if left alone. And he is a master motivator. Yes, he had talent at CHMS and lots of it. From Jake Hicks all the way through to Ty Garvin. And yes, he rocked with it. But did Stacy not have that same talent? What did he do with it. With the right play calling 2007, 2008, & 2009 were gold ball teams. 2006 was probably more talented than even the 2008 team but they had no leader. Just a bunch of beer boys brigade. No Pudding, Hunter Jordan didn't call the plays. Stacy did. And the rest is history. Say what you will but I will continue to carry the Hunter Jordan flag.

Pudding, I love you man and you were a tremendous advocate for my son...even (especially) against DB in 2006. But You're wrong. Hunter Jordan didn't call the punt on forth and one against Columbia...twice. Hunter Jordan didn't call 1st down dive, 2nd down trap, 3rd down pass identically every series against Columbia. Someone else did. In 2008 at Niswonger Bay in the freezing cold Hunter didn't give the ball 4 times in a row to TF in overtime knowing they were keying on him...granted he broke the plane on 3rd down (but that is irrelevant). And most importantly, Hunter didn't call Bunch roll out sweep on 75% of the calls at Maryville meanwhile TF walked away with 125yards in 13 carries. That's 3 carries a quarter. They couldn't stop him. They weren't keying on him. They didn't know who he was. I garantee you if Hunter were calling the plays he would have given it to TF until the cows come home or at least until he put points on the board and it took the pressure off Curt. Oh but I bet you missed that game. Fact is, yes I'm a diehard HJ fan...period. He is the coach that can get through to the problem children like...the David Oakley's, the Dustin Greere's, and the Matthew Crowe's of the world to name a few. He is not stubborn. He is an offensive mind if left alone. And he is a master motivator. Yes, he had talent at CHMS and lots of it. From Jake Hicks all the way through to Ty Garvin. And yes, he rocked with it. But did Stacy not have that same talent? What did he do with it. With the right play calling 2007, 2008, & 2009 were gold ball teams. 2006 was probably more talented than even the 2008 team but they had no leader. Just a bunch of beer boys brigade. No Pudding, Hunter Jordan didn't call the plays. Stacy did. And the rest is history. Say what you will but I will continue to carry the Hunter Jordan flag.

I agree 100% Comp...For I'm a Hunter Jordan fan also...he is one of the main reasons I brought my son to South.As for the play calling it has to get better. :lol: