WHAT HAPPENS NOW AT EAST AND CENTRAL?

bearcat100

Well, it seems that things have stalled out for the time being. The folks at East are still hanging,wondering what is going on with Coach Nelson. Is he going or is he staying,they would really like to know. Heard that he was going soon, just waiting to hear from SH about the opening. Still hearing that Scott Nelson will go this summer. Do know this,Coach Phillips does not want to be a Head Coach at this time,at least that is what is being told. Coach Harrison would probably take the Head job if it was offered at East, if he doesn't take the P.E. job at South. This thing should be settled as quickly as possible, if nothing else,for the sake of the players at East who just want to know who will be coaching them next year.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it seems that things have stalled out for the time being. The folks at East are still hanging,wondering what is going on with Coach Nelson. Is he going or is he staying,they would really like to know. Heard that he was going soon, just waiting to hear from SH about the opening. Still hearing that Scott Nelson will go this summer. Do know this,Coach Phillips does not want to be a Head Coach at this time,at least that is what is being told. Coach Harrison would probably take the Head job if it was offered at East, if he doesn't take the P.E. job at South. This thing should be settled as quickly as possible, if nothing else,for the sake of the players at East who just want to know who will be coaching them next year.

Scott is a fine young man. Know his mama well. Coach Phillips may not want the headaches right now. Another fine man. Who is Harrison you mention? You're not speaking of that yahoooo at Holston Middle are you?

Scott is a fine young man. Know his mama well. Coach Phillips may not want the headaches right now. Another fine man. Who is Harrison you mention? You're not speaking of that yahoooo at Holston Middle are you?

No I think it another Harrison, the one at EAST. The one you are talking about at Holston Middle, should be coaching the varsity at Basketball. Vaughn is a Joke!!!!!!!Plus the assistants are a bunch of clowns. I don't think they even played basketball. This is what's wrong with Central B-Ball.

No I think it another Harrison, the one at EAST. The one you are talking about at Holston Middle, should be coaching the varsity at Basketball. Vaughn is a Joke!!!!!!!Plus the assistants are a bunch of clowns. I don't think they even played basketball. This is what's wrong with Central B-Ball.

I've known Tony Vaughn for years and he is no joke; he just don't have anything except the transfer to work with. The assistants are clueless I have to agree with you there. That Harrison at Holston Middle couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. I know I know they win "state championships." Right. Middle school is NOT high school. Over on our side of the county he is not respected very much. Classless in fact. :Likes to run the score up on people and run his mouth. Throws stuff too. Not in Vaughn nor Dickie Warren's league either. Not high school coaching material in my book.

I've known Tony Vaughn for years and he is no joke; he just don't have anything except the transfer to work with. The assistants are clueless I have to agree with you there. That Harrison at Holston Middle couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. I know I know they win "state championships." Right. Middle school is NOT high school. Over on our side of the county he is not respected very much. Classless in fact. :Likes to run the score up on people and run his mouth. Throws stuff too. Not in Vaughn nor Dickie Warren's league either. Not high school coaching material in my book.

I can't speak as to Vaughn's ability as I'm not very familiar with the Central community. Have heard he is a good coach but I have heard things that support BlackJack's reasoning. I had friends with kids playing bball at Holston in the last few years. They had successful teams and some coaches & administrators from at least Tennessee High and Sullivan East were coming to their games, congratulating the players and so forth. That's heady stuff for a 7th or 8th grader. They were complaining that Central's staff was AWOL while all this was going on and that most of the really good players ended up going somewhere other than Central. TnHi, SE, and SS were mentioned. I think the person that went to SS was mainly angling for football though. D-B has pulled several good players from SC over the years as well.

I really don't know why you are a Harrison (HATER), because I remember you blasting him a few years ago. Either you are a coach that couldn't beat his teams, or you have a Lil Johnny on a team that couldn't beat him. But you would be in a small minority if you think he isn't Varsity coaching material. Better mark it down "he will be a head coach "SOONER than later". As for Vaughn, X's and O's he knows basketball. Has a huge problem on how to deal with kids. Just ask former players. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, on the transfer. Probably the biggest ball-hog I have ever seen play, never tries to get his teammates involved in the game. Doesn't play a lick of defense, has a good PPG average, but shoots probably 20 more times a game than any other player. Most of the blame I put on Vaughn for this.

I really don't know why you are a Harrison (HATER), because I remember you blasting him a few years ago. Either you are a coach that couldn't beat his teams, or you have a Lil Johnny on a team that couldn't beat him. But you would be in a small minority if you think he isn't Varsity coaching material. Better mark it down "he will be a head coach "SOONER than later". As for Vaughn, X's and O's he knows basketball. Has a huge problem on how to deal with kids. Just ask former players. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, on the transfer. Probably the biggest ball-hog I have ever seen play, never tries to get his teammates involved in the game. Doesn't play a lick of defense, has a good PPG average, but shoots probably 20 more times a game than any other player. Most of the blame I put on Vaughn for this.

I'm not a "Harrison hater" I just think he has no real coaching abilities. If he has talent he looks good; if he doesn't he stinks. You must be one of his little guys who was a big guy on campus at MIDDLE SCHOOL. I never had a team play him; I was an old high school coach. My collegues were Dale Burns, McCrary, Dickie Warren, real talented guys. There was talent my friend. Not some snotty nosed kid who holds some free shot record. I have no little Johnny who played against him either. I still have friends and colleagues in the system who say he won't ever be a high school coach. Guys at the high school level are a different breed and they are already there jockying for a position. Nathan isn't a ball hog. He can just outshoot, out score and out play the local talent, if that's what it is. It's a shame we lost him from East. He's a good kid; class act unlike some of your other "team" players whose daddies are out there sucking up. In my book, Vaughn is in the league with Burns, McCrary, Warren, and company. Too bad Vaughn didn't let you play; he can recognize talent.

Very interesting reading guys. I am not familiar with the Harrison you guys are talking about. The Harrison I mentioned is Rusty Harrison. He has been the defensive coordinator at East for the past several years. He played high school ball at Central in about 98 and 99. Was a very good player and a great guy. I think he would be a good choice for the Head coaching position at East. I have it very good authority that Ralph is going to Science Hill,just waiting for a position to open up. What worries me is who is going to handle spring practice at East? If a new coach is not named by then,how will an interim coach know what offensive and defensive systems to work on,and how about the players? Will the come out,not knowing who their coach is going to be? I think East is in a real bind right now. It's a shame,since they have finally gotten into a conference where they can hopefully be competitive. I really hope this gets settled soon.

I'm not a "Harrison hater" I just think he has no real coaching abilities. If he has talent he looks good; if he doesn't he stinks. You must be one of his little guys who was a big guy on campus at MIDDLE SCHOOL. I never had a team play him; I was an old high school coach. My collegues were Dale Burns, McCrary, Dickie Warren, real talented guys. There was talent my friend. Not some snotty nosed kid who holds some free shot record. I have no little Johnny who played against him either. I still have friends and colleagues in the system who say he won't ever be a high school coach. Guys at the high school level are a different breed and they are already there jockying for a position. Nathan isn't a ball hog. He can just outshoot, out score and out play the local talent, if that's what it is. It's a shame we lost him from East. He's a good kid; class act unlike some of your other "team" players whose daddies are out there sucking up. In my book, Vaughn is in the league with Burns, McCrary, Warren, and company. Too bad Vaughn didn't let you play; he can recognize talent.

I think I am a little too old to have played for Vaughn!!!!! I know more about this program than you think. You must be Nathan's dad, because you don't know anything about him or this team. Vaughn's program has hit rock bottom since Coach Wallace left. Vaughn could use some of the players he ran off this year. Probably won't make it to 10 wins this year. Oh by the way, I read on another thread that you coached high school and that you work at the Big E. I've watched basketball in this area for years and don't know of any that would be working at the Eastman. Maybe that meth up there in Hickory Tree has scrambled your brain. :unsure:

Comp,

Well thought out post there. I agree with much of it. And yes, TF is my fav Rebel RB of all time. As a fan of high school football, he was sooo fun to watch. On HJ, I really hope you are right. I do. If he didn't have any freedom under SC, then I would be wrong. I'm not anti-HJ. Heck, not being from here originally and not having boys, I haven't lost my head enough to make enemies, especially a young upa and coming, passionate coach. It's just my opinion. Don't want you to think I am trying to cut him down. I hope HJ takes it by the reigns and gets the most out of the Rebel O. We may be getting the horse before the cart though, as no OC has been declared. But, I do still believe it will be HJ.

I would like to hear if the East powers that be have anyone in mind for the HC postion, WHEN Ralph leaves. I'm not as familiar with that bunch. Are they quietly looking now? I think you should.

I will elaborate on what I predicted earlier about Central though. If they just give it to Krantz :lol: ....what are those transfer rules anyway?

Comp,

Well thought out post there. I agree with much of it. And yes, TF is my fav Rebel RB of all time. As a fan of high school football, he was sooo fun to watch. On HJ, I really hope you are right. I do. If he didn't have any freedom under SC, then I would be wrong. I'm not anti-HJ. Heck, not being from here originally and not having boys, I haven't lost my head enough to make enemies, especially a young upa and coming, passionate coach. It's just my opinion. Don't want you to think I am trying to cut him down. I hope HJ takes it by the reigns and gets the most out of the Rebel O. We may be getting the horse before the cart though, as no OC has been declared. But, I do still believe it will be HJ.

I would like to hear if the East powers that be have anyone in mind for the HC postion, WHEN Ralph leaves. I'm not as familiar with that bunch. Are they quietly looking now? I think you should.

I will elaborate on what I predicted earlier about Central though. If they just give it to Krantz :thumb: ....what are those transfer rules anyway?

Never a dull moment in NET. And yes, Central could be the turn around King with the right man. Know nothing about East. Topper Nation will get their mind blown when we show them our Rebel support for Stacy in our off week come fall.