WHAT HAPPENS NOW AT EAST AND CENTRAL?

bearcat100

It is sad what Ralph and Scott are doing to the football programs at East and Central. If they do not plan or desire to join Stacy at Science Hill they should state so. If they plan to go ,they should resign their coaching positions immediately, and the school administrations appoint interim coaches until final decisions are made. I do not begrudge others wanting to improve their position in life,provide for their family,pursuit of happiness,blah,blah,blah.... but not putting your best into your position because you have no intention on staying is unfair to the communities, fans, parents and especially the players. If you have never been a high school player who has gone through a coaching transition ,you have no idea how difficult it is. Selfishness stinks and is no way to teach our young people. Either get in or get out. :thumb:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crawdad, I couldn't agree with you more. That's exactly what I have been saying all along. I do have it on VERY GOOD [insider info} that Ralph is going to Science Hill. He has told a couple of assistants that he is just waiting for the position to open up. Supposedly the old coach has not left. We are hearing,in Scott's case that he was informed by the Principal at Central that he would not be retained as the football coach next year,so he is in a little different situation. My worry for East is that if this doesn't get settled soon,who will run spring practice? If you don't have a new coach in place by then,maybe the interim coach should just condition. Why practice offensive and defensive schemes that you might not use when a new coach is named. I agree with you when you said for the sake of the players,parents, and community at East,something needs to happen very soon.

NETFan, you are an idiot. Harrison was one of the best ball players to come through Sullivan Central, played Divison-1 basketball. He has helped coach at Central before taking the Central job. Winning in middle school is no different than high school. Winning is winning. And as a matter of fact, he did coach AAU basketball for high schoolers. He coached my brother when he was in high school back around 1997 and coached me as well during around 2004. Even the referees I've spoke to have nothing but praise for him. One said, "I've seen him take teams that have no business winning half their games to winning state championships." He produces championships every year, even when the talent is not there. His track record speaks for itself.

"Now that Smith is out we can hire Bart. He has been groomed to be the next coach. Just look at the Jr. Topper program.

FormerBlazer don't count Jeremy out. Money talks and I am sure the next one at SH will make 3 times what Jeremy does at Boone. Loyalty is one thing but when the money starts talking it is hard to turn down and who could blame him.

I think it will be Carter or Turner. Unless they want to just give it to Bart. "

- NET Fan

It seems that NETFan is talking out of both sides of his mouth............on the above post he wants to hire Bart Lyon, a middle school and rec league coach, for the Head Coaching position at Science Hill.

"Now that Smith is out we can hire Bart. He has been groomed to be the next coach. Just look at the Jr. Topper program.

FormerBlazer don't count Jeremy out. Money talks and I am sure the next one at SH will make 3 times what Jeremy does at Boone. Loyalty is one thing but when the money starts talking it is hard to turn down and who could blame him.

I think it will be Carter or Turner. Unless they want to just give it to Bart. "

- NET Fan

It seems that NETFan is talking out of both sides of his mouth............on the above post he wants to hire Bart Lyon, a middle school and rec league coach, for the Head Coaching position at Science Hill.

Well a lot of people were misinformed about the Science Hill job. From what people gathered, Carter almost got double what he was making. Coach Jenkins isn't only the football coach but also a principal so he makes more than what carter was making plus I think he has been a teacher longer. The SH job proabbly paid about 60k a year or something, but that is with teaching. People stated Carter would get 4 assistants he could bring, now it is a toss up if he is even going to get one. People thought it was a 100k or 90k job, it isn't.

No idea about both sides of the mouth. The thing with East is that was about as good as it got with Ralph Nelson. Central kids would rather go to South. They can bring in somebody but it'll have to be one that really turns around the program, if not, Central and East will just stay who they are, having a good season every now and then or always have losing seasons. East is in a district where they should be having winning seasons but...eh who knows.

A central student told me that coach nelson resigned last friday. Also heard the AD resigned. anyone know if these things are true?? i haven't seen anything in the media about either story. have no dog in the fight but want to see the cougs be competitive and i think this is a critical time for football there. someone who cares about central and the community needs to take over. also heard the reason the AD resigned was b/c of an incident while on a trip with girl's basketball team where he was drunk around some parents. once again can anyone confirm if this is true or just a bad rumor?

agreed stonewall. north has done a good job of keeping things simple with solid coaching and setting up a good schedule that generates the wins to keep kids excited at a small school. central could take a lesson from them in setting their non-conference schedule. got small clarification that the AD at central has not resigned yet but will at the end of the school year;no clear reason on why. also that nelson did call a team meeting last friday to tell the kids he was quitting and he is officially out as HC. it's interesting to see the coverage difference in the media between nelson leaving and the carter story. guess when you are "O and forever" no one really cares...sad. anyone know of who might be interested in the central job? ive heard that hunter jordan from south might be interested but have not heard of anyone else.

cougfan, while an out-of conference schedule has helped North, let's not forget that the only two teams to beat them last year had pretty nice play-off runs. One of them a deep run and the other (a larger school) beat what was considered the best team in the region.

I guess what I'm saying is it has a whole lot more to do with quality coaching than a cup-cake schedule.

I mentioned a name earlier for the East job, that I am now hearing mentioned for the Central job. Matt Chandler, who coached me at East, was the Head Coach at John Battle, and is now on the Tennessee High Coaching staff has been mentioned as a possibility at Central too. There are people at Central that I know, that know Coach Chandler pretty well, and say he is one of the names at the top of their list too. I keep hearing that the principals and AD at East want Coach Chandler to be thier next coach, and rumors are some at Central would like to get him. Anbody hearing his name with either job?