WHAT HAPPENS NOW AT EAST AND CENTRAL?

bearcat100

I mentioned a name earlier for the East job, that I am now hearing mentioned for the Central job. Matt Chandler, who coached me at East, was the Head Coach at John Battle, and is now on the Tennessee High Coaching staff has been mentioned as a possibility at Central too. There are people at Central that I know, that know Coach Chandler pretty well, and say he is one of the names at the top of their list too. I keep hearing that the principals and AD at East want Coach Chandler to be thier next coach, and rumors are some at Central would like to get him. Anbody hearing his name with either job?

Hi Matt!!! :thumb:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not heard Coach Chandler was on the list for any head coaching job. He tried it once before and decided it wasn't what he wanted. Matt is a great coach and person. Do you think he would leave a great coaching and teaching position with good pay and the tradition of winning that TN High offers. I don't think he is seeing the grass as being greener in either of the two positions mentioned. Why would he leave----Make a name for himself don't think so, he knows what is at both schools and its not what he needs. BEEN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 000000000000000000

Hey Matt Mom and KIDS at home don't need the head aches that come with the mentioned schools.

I think they should hire Bart Lyons (BTW for those who do not know that is/was a joke. Never hire a rec coach or middle school coach for a varsity position. Some of you don't even know a joke when you see it because you are so blind that you would actually hire a middle school coach for a high school varsity position) East and Central can't get any worse. You can't go down from where they are.

So, supporters of the programs. Is it the players or the coaches? if it is the coaches, why would they hire them at SHHS.

I think they should hire Bart Lyons (BTW for those who do not know that is/was a joke. Never hire a rec coach or middle school coach for a varsity position. Some of you don't even know a joke when you see it because you are so blind that you would actually hire a middle school coach for a high school varsity position) East and Central can't get any worse. You can't go down from where they are.

So, supporters of the programs. Is it the players or the coaches? if it is the coaches, why would they hire them at SHHS.

Some coaches can be a right hand man and some are "THE MAN". I think it is obvious which one the East and Central coaches are not. Whether they can be what they need to be at the Hill is yet to be seen. Meanwhile Sam Haynie will merge seamlessly into his new challenge. Haynie was Carter's trump card and without it his situation is a bit unsure. The Hunter Jordan to Central rumor? That bothers me. But only because I could actually see it happen. In my view, Central is not unlike the Hill. A diamond in the rough. Crowder told me in 2008 they needed to clean house. Seegar told me in 2005. Well it took long enough. Maybe cleaning house is a bit strong...but better than sweeping it under the rug. Anyway, with their quality athletes going to the Vikings, the Rebels, and the Indians they need someone who can stop the bleeding right away.

Some coaches can be a right hand man and some are "THE MAN". I think it is obvious which one the East and Central coaches are not. Whether they can be what they need to be at the Hill is yet to be seen. Meanwhile Sam Haynie will merge seamlessly into his new challenge. Haynie was Carter's trump card and without it his situation is a bit unsure. The Hunter Jordan to Central rumor? That bothers me. But only because I could actually see it happen. In my view, Central is not unlike the Hill. A diamond in the rough. Crowder told me in 2008 they needed to clean house. Seegar told me in 2005. Well it took long enough. Maybe cleaning house is a bit strong...but better than sweeping it under the rug. Anyway, with their quality athletes going to the Vikings, the Rebels, and the Indians they need someone who can stop the bleeding right away.

Well I think we can assume that there is a prime place for HJ to step in and take a spot at East or Central if he wanted to throw his hat in the ring. If he wants to make a name as a head coach....he would be waiting a while for the South job to open up again. I'm from back in the day when Central was in the mix of things with Elizabethton South Tennessee High East and Daniel Boone. They were usually one of the top 4 teams so they are more than capable. The Indian Springs football boys, also, were the ones always whipping everyone. I'll agree that it could happen...and I could understand if it did as well.

I ,too have heard the Scott Nelson has resigned at Central. I have also heard the name Matt Chandler mentioned as a possible Coach at East. I agree with a previous post that Chandler would not leave Tennessee High to come back to East. It really does not make any sense. I do know that Matt is a very good football coach, but he has a really good situation going at THS. I would be more inclined to think that Coach Reynolds,who is already on staff at East would be the first choice. He has Head coaching experience and seems to well liked by the kids,from what I hear. I still believe that Ralph and Scott Nelson will end up at Science Hill with Carter,just as was speculated 2 months ago. I just wish this whole thing would get finalized so East and Central both could move on.

anderson 93, scott has already resigned at central but i do agree with you that it is not a sure thing that SH will hire scott or ralph...time will only tell. word is central already has a replacement, jeff fox, and i think some kids that have left might come back (mainly the younger players), especially with some of the assistants i heard he is bringing in. finally, some good news for the cougs!!!!

anderson 93, scott has already resigned at central but i do agree with you that it is not a sure thing that SH will hire scott or ralph...time will only tell. word is central already has a replacement, jeff fox, and i think some kids that have left might come back (mainly the younger players), especially with some of the assistants i heard he is bringing in. finally, some good news for the cougs!!!!

The former Blountville Tiger coach?