WHAT HAPPENS NOW AT EAST AND CENTRAL?

bearcat100

Comp,

Well thought out post there. I agree with much of it. And yes, TF is my fav Rebel RB of all time. As a fan of high school football, he was sooo fun to watch. On HJ, I really hope you are right. I do. If he didn't have any freedom under SC, then I would be wrong. I'm not anti-HJ. Heck, not being from here originally and not having boys, I haven't lost my head enough to make enemies, especially a young upa and coming, passionate coach. It's just my opinion. Don't want you to think I am trying to cut him down. I hope HJ takes it by the reigns and gets the most out of the Rebel O. We may be getting the horse before the cart though, as no OC has been declared. But, I do still believe it will be HJ.

I would like to hear if the East powers that be have anyone in mind for the HC postion, WHEN Ralph leaves. I'm not as familiar with that bunch. Are they quietly looking now? I think you should.

I will elaborate on what I predicted earlier about Central though. If they just give it to Krantz :thumb: ....what are those transfer rules anyway?

Never a dull moment in NET. And yes, Central could be the turn around King with the right man. Know nothing about East. Topper Nation will get their mind blown when we show them our Rebel support for Stacy in our off week come fall.

You got a rat in your pocket,Comp?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comp,

Well thought out post there. I agree with much of it. And yes, TF is my fav Rebel RB of all time. As a fan of high school football, he was sooo fun to watch. On HJ, I really hope you are right. I do. If he didn't have any freedom under SC, then I would be wrong. I'm not anti-HJ. Heck, not being from here originally and not having boys, I haven't lost my head enough to make enemies, especially a young upa and coming, passionate coach. It's just my opinion. Don't want you to think I am trying to cut him down. I hope HJ takes it by the reigns and gets the most out of the Rebel O. We may be getting the horse before the cart though, as no OC has been declared. But, I do still believe it will be HJ.

I would like to hear if the East powers that be have anyone in mind for the HC postion, WHEN Ralph leaves. I'm not as familiar with that bunch. Are they quietly looking now? I think you should.

I will elaborate on what I predicted earlier about Central though. If they just give it to Krantz :thumb: ....what are those transfer rules anyway?

Never a dull moment in NET. And yes, Central could be the turn around King with the right man. Know nothing about East. Topper Nation will get their mind blown when we show them our Rebel support for Stacy in our off week come fall.

You got a rat in your pocket,Comp?

"Yeah...well, I'm gonna knock 'em out with black Nikes on my feet...an I'm gonna smile when I do it!" I suggest we (as a Rebel Nation) attend the Topper game during our off week. And have t-shirts made up that say "Carter Fold" and show our support for Stacy. Then a couple of weeks later...put the MoJo on them...just like old times. :thumb:B)

I'm not a "Harrison hater" I just think he has no real coaching abilities. If he has talent he looks good; if he doesn't he stinks. You must be one of his little guys who was a big guy on campus at MIDDLE SCHOOL. I never had a team play him; I was an old high school coach. My collegues were Dale Burns, McCrary, Dickie Warren, real talented guys. There was talent my friend. Not some snotty nosed kid who holds some free shot record. I have no little Johnny who played against him either. I still have friends and colleagues in the system who say he won't ever be a high school coach. Guys at the high school level are a different breed and they are already there jockying for a position. Nathan isn't a ball hog. He can just outshoot, out score and out play the local talent, if that's what it is. It's a shame we lost him from East. He's a good kid; class act unlike some of your other "team" players whose daddies are out there sucking up. In my book, Vaughn is in the league with Burns, McCrary, Warren, and company. Too bad Vaughn didn't let you play; he can recognize talent.

Dude, you clearly have an agenda, you can deny all you want but it is true. I don't even need to be writing on here because Harrison's resume' speaks for its self but he is a fantastic coach. I can tell you the year I was in 8th grade we had no business winning the games(and titles) we won. Example, my senior year, the senior class was 3bltv, one Holston. That Holston team that had 1 senior on the varsity team won the biggest tournament they could that season in that sectional thing. There is no need to turn this into a Harrison vs. Vaughn thing, I have a lot of respect for Vaughn and that 20 win season streak he put together, but to constantly bash Coach Harrison like I have seen you do in the past years proves there must be something that really bothers you. For that I feel sorry for you

"Yeah...well, I'm gonna knock 'em out with black Nikes on my feet...an I'm gonna smile when I do it!" I suggest we (as a Rebel Nation) attend the Topper game during our off week. And have t-shirts made up that say "Carter Fold" and show our support for Stacy. Then a couple of weeks later...put the MoJo on them...just like old times. :thumb::thumb:

Do you know what the schedule will be for 2010?

And I wouldn't print up to many of them T Shirts.

"Yeah...well, I'm gonna knock 'em out with black Nikes on my feet...an I'm gonna smile when I do it!" I suggest we (as a Rebel Nation) attend the Topper game during our off week. And have t-shirts made up that say "Carter Fold" and show our support for Stacy. Then a couple of weeks later...put the MoJo on them...just like old times. :thumb::thumb:

Do you know what the schedule will be for 2010?

And I wouldn't print up to many of them T Shirts.

If the schedule for '10 is the flip of '09, then both the Toppers and Rebels will be looking for a good game to attend during their open week 5.

I'm not a "Harrison hater" I just think he has no real coaching abilities. If he has talent he looks good; if he doesn't he stinks. You must be one of his little guys who was a big guy on campus at MIDDLE SCHOOL. I never had a team play him; I was an old high school coach. My collegues were Dale Burns, McCrary, Dickie Warren, real talented guys. There was talent my friend. Not some snotty nosed kid who holds some free shot record. I have no little Johnny who played against him either. I still have friends and colleagues in the system who say he won't ever be a high school coach. Guys at the high school level are a different breed and they are already there jockying for a position. Nathan isn't a ball hog. He can just outshoot, out score and out play the local talent, if that's what it is. It's a shame we lost him from East. He's a good kid; class act unlike some of your other "team" players whose daddies are out there sucking up. In my book, Vaughn is in the league with Burns, McCrary, Warren, and company. Too bad Vaughn didn't let you play; he can recognize talent.

Dude, you clearly have an agenda, you can deny all you want but it is true. I don't even need to be writing on here because Harrison's resume' speaks for its self but he is a fantastic coach. I can tell you the year I was in 8th grade we had no business winning the games(and titles) we won. Example, my senior year, the senior class was 3bltv, one Holston. That Holston team that had 1 senior on the varsity team won the biggest tournament they could that season in that sectional thing. There is no need to turn this into a Harrison vs. Vaughn thing, I have a lot of respect for Vaughn and that 20 win season streak he put together, but to constantly bash Coach Harrison like I have seen you do in the past years proves there must be something that really bothers you. For that I feel sorry for you

did you just say his "resume" referring to middle school game? If you would hire someone for a varsity position because of what he did in middle school, you would be the reason that people laugh at East and Central football. You are as bad as the parents at Volunteer and South that want to talk about what little Johnny did as a running back in Middle School. It is MIDDLE SCHOOL. One small step up from rec ball. I am not for or against the man but please don't bring up what he did as a middle school coach to say he should be a head coach. That is a joke on him, the school, and especially you.

did you just say his "resume" referring to middle school game? If you would hire someone for a varsity position because of what he did in middle school, you would be the reason that people laugh at East and Central football. You are as bad as the parents at Volunteer and South that want to talk about what little Johnny did as a running back in Middle School. It is MIDDLE SCHOOL. One small step up from rec ball. I am not for or against the man but please don't bring up what he did as a middle school coach to say he should be a head coach. That is a joke on him, the school, and especially you.

Are you crazy? How about his resume' as far as his basketball career goes. He has had experience with a lot of the kids that have gone through the system, has tons of respect in the coaching community, and also played college basketball, so he has been exposed to plenty of knowledgeable basketball minds. I am fully aware of the changes that kids go through physically and mentally from middle school to high school, I am not sticking up for him because he gave me playing time in middle school or all these little johnny jokes people always make, I respect him as a man and coach.

Along with that, what does East and Central football have to do with that? Compared to what East used to be, I don't see too many people laughing, and if Central ever makes the right hire, people won't be laughing there either. It is very obvious that there are plenty of delusional parents out there, that is just a given and will be for eternity, but I think it is silly to act like this man can not coach, you want him to accept an assistant job at a HS before you feel he is varsity material that is fine, but I don't think he seems too concerned about that opinion, and if given the chance to be a head varsity coach, I think he will be very successful.

A lot of hypothetical situations in there,and really this is a side note from what this thread was going for, that is just something I feel strongly about.

Side question for you, do you think if Central hired Chaz Seeger as their head coach and South hired Hunter Jordan as their Head coach they would be horrible hires? Neither have head coaching experience in HS (could be wrong about Jordan there) but both have been very successful on the Middle school level.

again, you do not get it. There is no way that anything that happens at middle school will qualify you for a high school position much less a head coach position. I hope you are a kid and not an adult that has this thinking.

So no middle school coach should even be offered an assistant coaching job at a high school position? No matter the sport. Since nothing that happens at the middle school level will qualify you for high school? Why even coach middle school then? Especially if you want to try to move up. I am 20, there is plenty of stuff I haven't seen and I understand that, but I still don't understand this kid obsession people have on this board. I have been around plenty of delusional parents and understand there are a ton of variables both inside the school and outside the school that go into a program being successful, but in my opinion it is silly to try and diminish someone's accomplishments they make at the level they are given and automatically assume they could not handle the challenges that come at the next level. If there is some glaring nugget of knowledge I am missing and you could provide I would like to hear it, because as far as x's and o's go, there are plenty of middle school coaches who do a very good job, after that it comes down to getting kids to come out, motivating them, and being able to handle the outside distractions IMO.

again, you do not get it. There is no way that anything that happens at middle school will qualify you for a high school position much less a head coach position. I hope you are a kid and not an adult that has this thinking.

The more you post the more ignorant your posts sound. Where do high schools coaches come from? Do they come straight from college, where their major was high school coaching? If you look at all the high school coaches they had to start somewhere. I can give you an excellent example. When I was in Junior High (middle school) there was a coach that coached football. According to you he shouldn't be allowed to coach football let alone coach baseball in high school. The coach I am talking about is Mike Ritz, (probably more wins than anybody in the state, plus 2 state championships). According to you the 2 assistants to Vaughn are more qualified to coach high school. Harrison has forgot more about basketball than these 2 will ever know. I would try to recall you last post, because of how stupid it sounds!!! :)

So you are saying Mike Ritz went from Middle School coach straight to head baseball at DB. I don't think so. You are in a make believe world. I can't believe any school that is worth anything would hire a middle school coach as head football, basketball, or baseball head coach. That is what I am saying. Middle school is nowhere near varsity. What happens in middle school is like rec ball. In fact, most tournament team ball coaches are better than most middle school coaches.

I would not hire his assistants either. I don't think they know what they are doing but I would not hire a middle school coach as a head varsity coach. If you believe that then you are drinking someone's kool aid. If they are that good they will move up quickly. Not be a long-term middle school coach. If they are satisfied at middle school then they don't have the drive to be a varsity coach. Fact is fact. Crockett did it and look where they are with all the talent in the world. They have a 7 footer and can't win with a very successful middle school coach. He is in over his head. He is a great guy and was a great middle school coach but can't handle the varsity level. It is more than knowing xs and os. Name me a successful middle school coach that went straight to varsity head coach and was successful.