TNT 2010

eaglemom1225

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle Tn Christian School (MTCS) has to be considered as the favorite for the 4A Championship!! (Should be PlayinG 1A) For ones that don't know over the last 3 years this Middle School program is 96-4 and currently is on a 66 game win streak (AVG Margin of Victory 23 Pts.). They have played everyone that would actually schedule a game with them. Small schools large schools it doesn't matter they have played everybody. First off, lets say this team would't be what it is today without the leadership of their coach Cliff Coleman. This team is loaded with talented players. These young ladies bring absolutely everything to the table night in and night out. They have won every tournament they have been in over this time too!! Just recently winning for the 2nd :roflolk: straight year the large school division James C. Haile State Tournament. There is no doubt in my mind that GOLD BALLS will be WON in the near future for these young Ladies!!! Go LADY COUGARS let's bring the TNT championship back to MTCS too!!

Last season after winning the James C. Haile State Tourn. and with an overall record at that point of 30-0, the 8th graders off that team moved on up to finish out playing the season with their High School team. The team that came and played a game in the TNT and did lose was composed of just 6th and 7th graders. (Our JV team) The team that won the 1A Division in '09 (Carroll Oakland) we beat 4 times during the regular season. Last year we were playing in the 1A Division with that JV team. Over the last 3 years what MTCS Middle School has done to every team they have played has been remarkable. Very few if any close games have they played. Coach Cliff and these young ladies work extremely hard on and off the court to be the VERY BEST that they can be. (They would beat most High School teams) Nothing less is ever accepted, and WINNING has become exspected. The FUTURE of LADY COUGAR basketball is very bright. I see many GOLD BALLS for these young ladies in the horizon. Anyone interested in seeing the best JUNIOR HIGH TEAM in the state, we will be playing Friday Feb. 19th @ 6:20 at Springfield Middle School vs. Livingston Academy who is undefeated as well, with the winner advancing to the Championship game Saturday night @ the Center in Springfield. Gametime is 7:00 on Saturday. Let's finish the season 38-0. GO LADY COUGARS!!!!! :thumb:;);)

Last season after winning the James C. Haile State Tourn. and with an overall record at that point of 30-0, the 8th graders off that team moved on up to finish out playing the season with their High School team. The team that came and played a game in the TNT and did lose was composed of just 6th and 7th graders. (Our JV team) The team that won the 1A Division in '09 (Carroll Oakland) we beat 4 times during the regular season. Last year we were playing in the 1A Division with that JV team. Over the last 3 years what MTCS Middle School has done to every team they have played has been remarkable. Very few if any close games have they played. Coach Cliff and these young ladies work extremely hard on and off the court to be the VERY BEST that they can be. (They would beat most High School teams) Nothing less is ever accepted, and WINNING has become exspected. The FUTURE of LADY COUGAR basketball is very bright. I see many GOLD BALLS for these young ladies in the horizon. Anyone interested in seeing the best JUNIOR HIGH TEAM in the state, we will be playing Friday Feb. 19th @ 6:20 at Springfield Middle School vs. Livingston Academy who is undefeated as well, with the winner advancing to the Championship game Saturday night @ the Center in Springfield. Gametime is 7:00 on Saturday. Let's finish the season 38-0. GO LADY COUGARS!!!!! :thumb:;) ;)

Beat most high school teams? You say you see many GOLD BALLS in the future..Good luck with that as Bradford, Gleason, Lake County, Clarkrange, Jackson County, and Forrest will be in that mix too. Congratulations on your fine season.....

Middle Tn Christian School (MTCS) has to be considered as the favorite for the 4A Championship!! (Should be PlayinG 1A) For ones that don't know over the last 3 years this Middle School program is 96-4 and currently is on a 66 game win streak (AVG Margin of Victory 23 Pts.). They have played everyone that would actually schedule a game with them. Small schools large schools it doesn't matter they have played everybody. First off, lets say this team would't be what it is today without the leadership of their coach Cliff Coleman. This team is loaded with talented players. These young ladies bring absolutely everything to the table night in and night out. They have won every tournament they have been in over this time too!! Just recently winning for the 2nd :popcorneater: straight year the large school division James C. Haile State Tournament. There is no doubt in my mind that GOLD BALLS will be WON in the near future for these young Ladies!!! Go LADY COUGARS let's bring the TNT championship back to MTCS too!!

First, I don't think I would be talking my team up like this if I was about to play an undefeated and VERY TALENTED LMS team. I think this is going to be a good game...Also, making it sound like this is a country school that just soo happened to be this talented when that is NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE CASE... I am almost 100% sure that the TEAM PRIDE machine is at the heart of the MTCS team (aka the recruiting machine has been in full motion). Now, if this was a "small school" team like there has been in the past that come through and just dominated everyone it would be a little bit different, but let's be honest with everyone out there, it is not. They may be a small school, but they are a small school with a recruiting arm that reaches far outside of their "small school" area.

Now, that is not to take ANYTHING AT ALL away from MTCS because they are a VERY, VERY talented, good team..maybe even a great team, but I think that was a little bit misleading. Great team but just wanted to get everything straightened out there. Good luck to both these teams in the TNT Friday night..should be a good one!

NOT ONE player has been recruited to come play for this team. Every player on this team has been at MTCS since Elementary school with the exception of 2 players that came to the school at the start of their 6th grade years. So you think you know the facts well, I am a Parent of 1 of the players of off the team these are the facts. Our Coach and our girls work very hard to be what they are. And they make absolutely NO excuses for anything. They just go out and improve their game each and every day they get a chance to get out on the floor. All I got to say for you is go work hard and you can be GREAT too!!!

WOW Gold Balls in thier future? You want to give us the winning lottery numbers too?

All this success in middle school does not look to be translating to success in High School.(no champioships won there) The word on the street is that the Lady Cougars HS have a hard time filling a roster even having to pull girls in at the end of the season to even compete. Whats up with that? Buzz around M'boro is several of the MS girls are leaving for HS or will choose not to play HS ball.

I have talked to several and do know that 98% of these MS girls have been there since 1st grade.... Why the drop off at the HS level?

Not one player might have been recruited but the bottom line is still this..They all go to a private school (which in my personal opinion should be all playing DII basketball). If no one else can get kids from whereever their parents want to drive them from, then they shouldn't be allowed to either. I believe that these kids would most all be zoned away from MTCS IF they were zoned to the schools they should be playing for. Now, even though they may not be recruited in, that is a very populated area in which parents can drive thier kids wherever they want if they go private instead of being zoned (aka what MTCS does). That is still not to take anything away from their team as I said before, they are very, very good, but it is still not like this is a normal 1A team like the ones statewide that have to compete with what they are given. IF it was, it would be a different story. Anyways, CONGRATS to MTCS on the win against Livingston. They were both very good teams and that is a huge win for any program.

As far as the 2A State Championship, Ezell Harding vs. Celina, I am going to go with Celina if they play to their capability. EH is also a really good team as well, as they have a couple really good players and beat a good Rickman team to get there. Good luck to both!