TNT 2010

eaglemom1225

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do ya'll think will win 2A?

Ezell girls win by 3. Led by a 6th grade point guard. :thumb:

Ezell Harding beat Celina by 3 in the TNT State Finals...dunno about tonight but when I seen Ezell play #15 was the leader of the team..the PG was pretty good too but 15 is the one that done the damage. Heard it was that way again (dunno if that is the one that is 6th or not). Anyways Congrats TO EZELL HARDING!!!!!!!

The following are the 2A selections that I know of:

All Tournament Team includes: Ashley Owens (Celina), Marley Sells (Rickman), Kalona Meadows (Celina), Jayna Ferrell (Pickett County), Alesha Copas (Celina)

Honorable Mention: Olivia Copeland (Celina), Ruby Richards (Celina)

It is truly sad that so many people have to find so many excuses and "reasons" why the MTCS GIRLS MIDDLE SCHOOL TEAM is so great! If they had a bad team, not a single person would be posting on any website or writing in the newspapers about how they so called "recruited" bad players! AAU has nothing to do with school ball. EVERY AAU player has to attend school somewhere, and Im sure that they all play for whatever schools they go to. Private schools also allow all children to be involved in all school activities, no matter if they have any experience or not. MTCS has alot players on their team that would have never been able to play basketball at a public school due to not having the skills needed or wanted by most coaches. The coach at MTCS is one of the best coaches I have ever seen! He has the ability to train and create a wonderful basketball player, boy or girl. Maybe the problem with some of the coaches at the public schools are, they have no REAL experience to coach the game and some just do it for the extra money. If you want to be a GREAT coach and have a GREAT team, you must have a passion for the game, dedicate yourself totaly to your team and NEVER allow ANY excuses for failure! Its so easy to blame others for your failures because it makes you feel better about losing. Parental support is also a factor! When you find yourself playing the blame game, you will never succeed, and your behavior rubs off on your children. They will never learn to accept responsibility for their own failures (large or small) and will never learn that dedication and hard work pays off if you push yourself till the very end and never quit until you have reached the top! These girls were not born knowing how to play, and they have sacrificed a very large part of their childhood lives to be the best basketball players they can be because it is their passion. They never stop learning and always have GREAT sportsmanship, no matter what! When they see a player or team who is very good, they go meet them and compliment them on their skills! They dont try to insult others to make themselves feel better! Look on the bright side, one day your daughter might be playing in college with one of the MTCS girls and I garantee, that MTCS girl will always have your daughters back in any situation, on and off the court!

It is truly sad that so many people have to find so many excuses and "reasons" why the MTCS GIRLS MIDDLE SCHOOL TEAM is so great! If they had a bad team, not a single person would be posting on any website or writing in the newspapers about how they so called "recruited" bad players! AAU has nothing to do with school ball. EVERY AAU player has to attend school somewhere, and Im sure that they all play for whatever schools they go to. Private schools also allow all children to be involved in all school activities, no matter if they have any experience or not. MTCS has alot players on their team that would have never been able to play basketball at a public school due to not having the skills needed or wanted by most coaches. The coach at MTCS is one of the best coaches I have ever seen! He has the ability to train and create a wonderful basketball player, boy or girl. Maybe the problem with some of the coaches at the public schools are, they have no REAL experience to coach the game and some just do it for the extra money. If you want to be a GREAT coach and have a GREAT team, you must have a passion for the game, dedicate yourself totaly to your team and NEVER allow ANY excuses for failure! Its so easy to blame others for your failures because it makes you feel better about losing. Parental support is also a factor! When you find yourself playing the blame game, you will never succeed, and your behavior rubs off on your children. They will never learn to accept responsibility for their own failures (large or small) and will never learn that dedication and hard work pays off if you push yourself till the very end and never quit until you have reached the top! These girls were not born knowing how to play, and they have sacrificed a very large part of their childhood lives to be the best basketball players they can be because it is their passion. They never stop learning and always have GREAT sportsmanship, no matter what! When they see a player or team who is very good, they go meet them and compliment them on their skills! They dont try to insult others to make themselves feel better! Look on the bright side, one day your daughter might be playing in college with one of the MTCS girls and I garantee, that MTCS girl will always have your daughters back in any situation, on and off the court!

First, let me clear some things up really quickly. First of all, I am not making excuses because we did not ever play MTCS. Secondly, in the past when we have, we have won and in some cases won BIG. No excuses, they are an extremely good team. I am not even meaning to belittle them for recruiting (if they did, which I don't know for sure they did). They are a private school so they can do that. Anyways, what I am saying is even though their class sizes may be the same as a 1A school, they still should not really be 1A because they have the option to go find talent, 1A schools do not have that option. That is all I am saying. I am simply saying they cannot really be compared to 1A schools from small counties like most 1A schools are. If you would like to think that you belong in a 1A bracket with these schools, feel free to, but that is simply not the case. Anyways, congrats to MTCS on a great season.

You keep saying MTCS recruites. Thats amazing that a school could know that a child would be worth recruiting, as young as a kindergardener or a 3rd grader for a future Junior high team of 7th and 8th graders! If you really believe that, then ok. I think when rumors are spread and they sound good, it makes those rumors more believable. Dont believe everything you hear.

You keep saying MTCS recruites. Thats amazing that a school could know that a child would be worth recruiting, as young as a kindergardener or a 3rd grader for a future Junior high team of 7th and 8th graders! If you really believe that, then ok. I think when rumors are spread and they sound good, it makes those rumors more believable. Dont believe everything you hear.

You are saying they dont recruit??? MTCS has been terrible in basketball for the most part of the schools existance and now for the last 2-3 years they have become not just a little good, but outstanding on the court. They couldnt compete at a single A level but now compete at the large division. Come on now, whats up with that? I would bet that most girls that play ball there live further away from MTCS than most going to country schools. How many schools do you pass up to take your child there? The coach there is a very good coach but alot of kids that play there play for Pride. You know its true, just look at your screen name. Don't act so innocent and treat the rest of the coacht readers to be so ignorant.

You are saying they dont recruit??? MTCS has been terrible in basketball for the most part of the schools existance and now for the last 2-3 years they have become not just a little good, but outstanding on the court. They couldnt compete at a single A level but now compete at the large division. Come on now, whats up with that? I would bet that most girls that play ball there live further away from MTCS than most going to country schools. How many schools do you pass up to take your child there? The coach there is a very good coach but alot of kids that play there play for Pride. You know its true, just look at your screen name. Don't act so innocent and treat the rest of the coacht readers to be so ignorant.

I honestly could not have said this better myself. This is exactly what I am saying too, if they went to the school closest to them (as almost all people do that play on A county schools), my bet is that MTCS would not have a whole lot of those players. As I said, it was not long ago that we came to MTCS and run them outta the gym on their home floor in the James C. Haile State Tournament. Just saying that you don't go from being THAT BAD to being THAT GOOD that quickly. Do they have good players? OF COURSE!! Do they have a good coach? OF COURSE!!! Do they have several Pride players (coincidentally?)? OF COURSE!!!!! Just saying that the facts are there and they cannot be covered up, especially not when the person defending them is PRIDEMOM!! I mean come on now??

You do know that MTCS is a "christian" school? - right? There are many reasons for parents to send their children to a christian school besides good sports. Some parents believe so strongly in those principles that they are willing to travel long distancs to have their children be a part of that environment. I know from experience that being at a christian school is very hard. NOTHING is paid for by the state, county or city. Everything they have - uniforms, socks, shoes, basketballs, - anything at all- they have to pay for themselves or raise the money to pay for it. Most christian schools are very small and end up playing against schools that are sometimes 3x's their size because of the multiplier. Small christian schools have a hard, difficult task that no one really appreciates. But, to the people at the school, the task is worth it because of their convictions. So, hurl all darts you want at them, but they will withstand -it's been going on for years!

You ALL make me laugh! Your all so smart, you figured out what my screen name was, WOW! PROPS TO YOU!!! But you are the ones who are ignorant! Almost every county school has at least 2 to 3 or even more Pride players on them. And there is not a single school I pass each day that my daughter is zoned for! My daughter is zoned for Christiana Middle school, but we dont live anywhere close by there. We live in the city of Murfreesboro. They were not interested in letting my daughter play basketball. Too bad for them, they lost out on a great one! And as a matter of fact, she is the only one who is a new student, and the most important reason for us to PAY for our daughter to go there is to have a better education and a christian education. Basketball is not everything in life, and believe me, my daughter doesnt need anyone to do anything for her to be noticed as a GREAT player. She takes care of that all on her own! There is not a single girl on the team at MTCS that does not live here. The reason we have a great team is due to better coaching and dedication. The skill level of most kids in all athletics at any school these days are much better than previous years. Its not worth wasting my time anymore discussing the facts with anyone who is only interested in false acusations and pathetic rumors. If your not happy with your childs level and ability to play basketball, then I suggest you either get them lessons with someone who can teach them to be the best player they can be or help them find something they are good at. Stop hating on parents that take the time to dedicate their lives to their children and their dreams! And if you dont have the money to pay for private school, get a second job to pay for your daughters tuition, like alot of people do and she can play with MTCS! If your not interested in that, then stop crying and wining and spreading false acusations to excuse the losses of other teams!!!!!

You ALL make me laugh! Your all so smart, you figured out what my screen name was, WOW! PROPS TO YOU!!! But you are the ones who are ignorant! Almost every county school has at least 2 to 3 or even more Pride players on them. And there is not a single school I pass each day that my daughter is zoned for! My daughter is zoned for Christiana Middle school, but we dont live anywhere close by there. We live in the city of Murfreesboro. They were not interested in letting my daughter play basketball. Too bad for them, they lost out on a great one! And as a matter of fact, she is the only one who is a new student, and the most important reason for us to PAY for our daughter to go there is to have a better education and a christian education. Basketball is not everything in life, and believe me, my daughter doesnt need anyone to do anything for her to be noticed as a GREAT player. She takes care of that all on her own! There is not a single girl on the team at MTCS that does not live here. The reason we have a great team is due to better coaching and dedication. The skill level of most kids in all athletics at any school these days are much better than previous years. Its not worth wasting my time anymore discussing the facts with anyone who is only interested in false acusations and pathetic rumors. If your not happy with your childs level and ability to play basketball, then I suggest you either get them lessons with someone who can teach them to be the best player they can be or help them find something they are good at. Stop hating on parents that take the time to dedicate their lives to their children and their dreams! And if you dont have the money to pay for private school, get a second job to pay for your daughters tuition, like alot of people do and she can play with MTCS! If your not interested in that, then stop crying and wining and spreading false acusations to excuse the losses of other teams!!!!!

This is hilarious and shows how out of touch with reality that you are...2 to 3 kids on every team play with Pride..hmmm?? Not around here. Shows the true arrogance that you have, thinking that you have that big of an outreach haha. MTCS must teach the great and mighty art of gloating too based on this and what you said at the beginning of this forum about how great and almighty they are...

You do know that MTCS is a "christian" school? - right? There are many reasons for parents to send their children to a christian school besides good sports. Some parents believe so strongly in those principles that they are willing to travel long distancs to have their children be a part of that environment. I know from experience that being at a christian school is very hard. 1. NOTHING is paid for by the state, county or city. 2.Everything they have - uniforms, socks, shoes, basketballs, - anything at all- they have to pay for themselves or raise the money to pay for it. 3. Most christian schools are very small and end up playing against schools that are sometimes 3x's their size because of the multiplier. 4.Small christian schools have a hard, difficult task that no one really appreciates. But, to the people at the school, the task is worth it because of their convictions. So, hurl all darts you want at them, but they will withstand -it's been going on for years!

1. Isnt that the way you want it? So you do not have to comply with the state, county, or city?

2.Refer to #1.

3.Why is this, because they can recruit. DUH. That is why you are in a multiplier. Again you folks treat us POOR people like we are stupid.

4. I am sorry you have a difficult time..But if it is done for the Lord it is appreciated. Thats the way the church feels as well, not just the Christian schools.

I am glad you can laugh. One should have a sense of humor. Is your daughter the only player there from pride? You say you dont need anyone for your daughter to get noticed....really? Then why play for pride. Just get your own team up. Or better yet, let her play by herself since she is that good. Again, MTCS has never, never been good at girls basketball until prides coach came along. You cannot argue that like it or not. Not saying its not a good school. Not hating on parents. Not hating on the success. Sounds like your the hater because someone is questioning this schools sudden success. Have a great day!